What is your suggestion for a 1st timer?

we are going in may with some friends who have never been to WDW before. They have a (will be) 8 & 6 year old, we have a (will be) 8 & 5 year old.

They plan to go to MK, Epcot and AK with us (and spend some time doing other things that week) - we will be at MK and Epcot twice each and AK and HS once, so i know we’ll have time to get in our favorites, even if they are not what our friends want to do.

ok, so what are the must eat at restaurants at MK for a 1st timer? Epcot? AK?

i know what we want to do (we have a huge list of must do’s and maybe’s), but thought i’d get your opinions too. That way i can suggest these to my friends.

thanks!

I helped my friends plan their 1st trip and I had them go to Chef Mickey’s so their kids would for sure see Mickey! They loved it! I also booked them at Whispering Canyon and Ohana and they loved them all. I figured they’d get 3 totally different dining experiences with those.

I know none of those are in the parks like you aked for :blush: so…if I were to pick park restaurants I would say:
MK-Crystal Palace
Epcot - Teppanyaki (sp.?)
AK - Yak & Yeti
HS- 50’s Prime Time

In MK we love Crystal Palace. Winnie the Pooh & friends and the gorgeous flowers shaped like the characters in the entrance way is just beautiful. Chef Mickey’s at the comtempory we are trying for the 1st time this year; that’s in the MK area. In Hollywood Studios we like 50’s primetime but this year we’re going to try Sci-Fri drive in. Basically because my kids want to eat in the cars & sort of get a feel of what a drive in is like since they no longer exist around here. Epot I’m really not sure. We’re going to try LeCellier steakhouse. Animal Kingdom we love Coral reef and the rainforest cafe.

Are any of the kids princesses? Maybe you wanna do Storybook Princesses at Akershus in Epcot? Or Cinderella’s Royal Table in MK? I know as a kid, that was a dream of mine…to get to eat inside the castle!

Definately do at least one character meal. If they are not into princesses there is also Donald’s breakfast at the Tusker House (AK). I think the kid-fun restaurants at EPCOT are Coral Reef (they can watch the fish in the tanks) and San Angel Inn. MK does not have many TS restaurants but it is a good CS park.

Magic Kingdom: Crystal Palace (Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore, Piglet)
Epcot: Still looking for a great restaurant :huh:
Animal Kingdom: From what I hear, Tusker House

OMG Epcot… living seas… now with nemo I loved it.

Character meals are a must at that age (or my age:laugh:) Obviously girls will really like the princess meals but there are plenty of gender neutral meals available. Chef Mickey is one we’ve done three times. YAY Mickey!

Are there any girls?

MK = Cinderella’s Royal Table or Crystal Palace
Epcot = Le Cellier (non-character), or Garden Grill or Akershus (princesses for the girls)

AK - no favorites really but Tusker House IS Good!
HS - Sci- Fi , or Prime time Cafe

there are alot of good resort restaurants, my favorites over the parks.
If you are at MK , just hop on the monorail to any of these:

GF - 1900 Park fare, dinner or breakfast can’t go wrong, both have characters
CR- Chef Mickey’s w/o a doubt!!!
Poly- Ohana’s!!! Breakfast is characters, dinner w/o, I LOVE both!!!

AKL has Boma if you want to go there for breakfast or dinner, No characters

Oh, I forgot Epcot has Garden Grill with Chip & Dale, Mickey and Pluto dressed as farmers :slight_smile:

My only must would be to make sure they see the fireworks and fantasmic, all are so awesome.

And if they are waterpark people then Typhoon lagoon is a must in my opinion!

For MK, Crystal Palace is a must! Kids of every age will love it!
At AK, we liked Tusker House, but the Yak and the Yeti we loved!
HS: We ate at the Sci-Fi, and the food was amazing.

we have been several times, so i’m sure of the ones we want to go to - but for our friends, they have a boy and a girl - i’m thinking a princess meal would be good - we’d like to try 1900 park fare this time.

I’m just not sold on the food at chef mickeys - i am sure the character interaction would be great, but is it worth the $$?

[QUOTE=emamasa;879563]we are going in may with some friends who have never been to WDW before. They have a (will be) 8 & 6 year old, we have a (will be) 8 & 5 year old.

They plan to go to MK, Epcot and AK with us (and spend some time doing other things that week) - we will be at MK and Epcot twice each and AK and HS once, so i know we’ll have time to get in our favorites, even if they are not what our friends want to do.

ok, so what are the must eat at restaurants at MK for a 1st timer? Epcot? AK?

i know what we want to do (we have a huge list of must do’s and maybe’s), but thought i’d get your opinions too. That way i can suggest these to my friends.

thanks![/QUOTE]

For MK I would say CP. We love it there. For Epcot I would say San Angel In For AK SciFi