What kind of tee shirt do you wear in WDW?

Do you wear official Disney shirts, do you have custom made shirts for your group so you stand out in the crowd, or are you like me and counter program?

I almost always wear shirts from someone else’s park, not a WDW shirt. I will wear Disneyland shirts sometimes, but usually, it’s a Six Flags shirt, a Cedar Fair park shirt, or HersheyPark shirts, sometimes RonJon Surf Shop. I do have a Dolphins in Depth shirt which has been worn in the parks, but it’s so rare that I know I’m the only one wearing it. The other exception is an Extra Terrorestrial shirt because that’s from a closed attraction. I prefer to not be part of the crowd wearing Grumpy shirts.
When I’m in a Six Flags park is when you’ll see me in Disney shirts, along with Cedar Fair shirts. Same goes for Universal. I won’t wear a Universal shirt in a Universal park.
I’m also the kind of guy that won’t wear the shirt for the band that’s playing, i.e. I’d wear an Elvis Costello shirt to a Grateful Dead show.

I never, ever wear shirts with writing on them, or with photos on them. Or even with stripes on them. I like plain cotton Tshirts, sometimes long-sleeved if it is cold outside. That’s it. BORING!

There is one tiny exception – I have in my possession a “Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas” shirt, which I wear with sweats at home. I love it.

P.S. I am an Elvis Costello junkie, a Dead fan and also a die-hard Peter Gabriel wacko… You have excellent taste in music SG!

I like wet t shirts

I wear mostly a Disney themed shirt or if not on the shirt a character emblem on the shorts or pants.

I wear Home town sports “T”

Actually, my choice of wearing an Elvis shirt to a Dead show works. Elvis is a Deadhead himself and I think somewhere I have a recording of Elvis and Bob Weir. I had (sadly he’s passed away) who toured with Peter Gabriel as Tony Levin’s bass instrument tech. (Friend used to live in Lodi for a time). I’ve seen Elvis twice, once at the Asbury Park Convention Hall and once at Hard Rock Live at Universal.

Back to shirts, I also have a bunch of solid colored tee shirts with and without pocket that I also wear in parks.

Oh right, also Mets and Jets shirts, as well as one “stealth” Yankee shirt. There’s a bunch of really discreet images on it, like the number 3 and a slice of the Yankee Stadium sign on the stadium. You wouldn’t know it was a Yankee shirt:laugh:.

But this brings up the hat discussion.
I do wear a couple different Disney hats in park. I have a “yin and yang” surfin’ Mickey hat as well as a “Disney’s 99 Holes” hat that I wear in park as well as an Epcot hat.

to much information

This was the first trip that we did theme shirts… it was alot of fun. I brought extra shirts for DH because I didn’t think he would wear them, but he did and it was alot of fun. He asked that I keep all the shirts together for our next trip…

Is that why I always see you hanging out by the exit to Kali and Splash Mountain?

I brought a GG Allin shirt with me on a past trip ,but my wife didn’t think it was something I should be wearing at Disney!

Not to drill back to another thread, but… :whistling

might this be the reason you’ve never been approached by the dream team?! :laugh:

No special shirt for me. Just whatever is clean and comfortable. (and nary a dream for me, either)

I used to wear disney shirts all the time, but now I’m like MissDisney. Just plain tee shirts.

[QUOTE=LURK;891692]Not to drill back to another thread, but… :whistling

might this be the reason you’ve never been approached by the dream team?! :laugh:

No special shirt for me. Just whatever is clean and comfortable. (and nary a dream for me, either)[/QUOTE]

I know for a fact that it’s got nothing to do with what you’re wearing. In fact, the one wish I did get, I got because a Dream Team was stationed in the Tower of Terror and everyone in the room got a dream. In our case, it was a private hour in MGM after the park closed and I was unable to use my prize because I was heading home well before park close. It was a day trip, in fact I hit all 4 parks that day and was so beat, I had to stop and rest 3 times during my drive back to South Florida. Thank the creators for putting so many service areas on Florida’s Turnpike!

I wear Disney shirts, but usually dark ones so if/when <g> I spill something on it, it doesn’t show as much <bg>>

Frank

My family always wears a Disney shirt to Disney. Heck, I even had my snow white shirt on at home today!

As for wearing a non Disney park shirt in Disney, watch out! The last time we were at MK there was a woman on Barnstormer that got pointed out and boo’s on by a CM becasue she was wearing a Universal shirt. Of course all the passengers and people waiting in line boo’d as well!!

Same thing happened when I was on Splash Mountain. More booing for a different Universal shirt wearer!!

I wouldn’t want someone walking into my store with another stores shirt on!

[QUOTE=johnkimv;891723]My family always wears a Disney shirt to Disney. Heck, I even had my snow white shirt on at home today!

As for wearing a non Disney park shirt in Disney, watch out! The last time we were at MK there was a woman on Barnstormer that got pointed out and boo’s on by a CM becasue she was wearing a Universal shirt. Of course all the passengers and people waiting in line boo’d as well!!

Same thing happened when I was on Splash Mountain. More booing for a different Universal shirt wearer!!

I wouldn’t want someone walking into my store with another stores shirt on![/QUOTE]

Sounds like an Eagles game: they boo people who were an opponent’s jersey.

[QUOTE=johnkimv;891723]

Same thing happened when I was on Splash Mountain. More booing for a different Universal shirt wearer!![/QUOTE]

I have never had any sort of adverse crowd reaction to any shirt I’ve worn in WDW. Maybe I’m too big (6 feet, 200 lbs.) and people don’t want to start with me?
I never really had much of a problem wearing a Jets shirt to a Dolphins game, other than the last game I went to where a bunch of drunk Dolfans were causing trouble, had torn someone else’s shirt off and threw it at me while I was returning to my seat. When I threw it back at them, they started screaming and called the police and ushers. Next thing I knew, I was ejected from the stadium and the drunks were allowed to stay. Matter of fact, the cops pretty much knew I didn’t do anything, but their excuse for throwing me out was to prevent the possibility of my getting beaten up.
And let me be clear, I was a season ticket holder (well it was my wife’s ticket) and the people who sat around me (not the ones who got me kicked out) had known me for years and had no problem with me or my being a Jet fan.
On the other hand, the Miami Dolphins don’t get our $500 a year for that one ticket anymore and that had been my wife’s seat since opening day in 1987.

I always wear Disney shirts, but for me, it’s more of a spending prevention theory. The one time that I didn’t take a suitcase full of Disney-wear, I spent a fortune once I got there because I couldn’t stand not wearing Mickey when everyone else was. It got to DH too. I’ve found that if I dress us in it I spend less once I’m there.