What Moderate Would You Choose?

We are planning our trip for next February and, after staying at value, moderate and deluxe resorts, have decided that moderate is the way to go for us. . . so which one would you stay at? We are thinking Port Orleans or Coronado Springs… Oh, and why?

We have stayed at POR, POFQ, and CBR and POFQ was our favorite. The small size and single bus stop put it ahead of the other resorts.

Out of those two . . . we really, really, really like CSR. The pool is AWESOME, so is the bar! :smile: The food court is good with lots of choices. The resort itself is beautiful. I’ve stayed at all the mods except for CBR, which I’m now trying Mother’s Day weekend, and CSR is our favorite.

(another plus is we drive, and I like the location of CSR to the parks)

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;940696]Out of those two . . . we really, really, really like CSR. The pool is AWESOME, so is the bar! :smile: The food court is good with lots of choices. The resort itself is beautiful. I’ve stayed at all the mods except for CBR, which I’m now trying Mother’s Day weekend, and CSR is our favorite.

(another plus is we drive, and I like the location of CSR to the parks)[/QUOTE]I agree!!!

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;940696]Out of those two . . . we really, really, really like CSR. The pool is AWESOME, so is the bar! :smile: The food court is good with lots of choices. The resort itself is beautiful. I’ve stayed at all the mods except for CBR, which I’m now trying Mother’s Day weekend, and CSR is our favorite.

(another plus is we drive, and I like the location of CSR to the parks)[/QUOTE]

Hey Jen! We love CSR as our favorite mod also! You’re right- that pool is awesome. My kids love that slide.

Now here is a qustion I’ve been waiting for. Coronado Springs is a GREAT resort. It is easy to get around, The food court has a great selction of diverse foods. The main pool has never been crowded while we were there. When we were there in Feb. 07 we were able to check our luggage at the resort for our flight home. This was the only moderate resort at the time that offered it. When my wife and son go back this December I told them they could stay anywhere they wanted and my son who is 17 wanted the Coronado. Also all the rooms have just been up-dated and look great. My vote would be the CORONADO. :goofy:

We’ve stayed at all the moderates and we too love POFQ the best. Small, quaint, quiet, fun for kids, on the boat route to DTD, it’s great.
Although, our next trip is to CBR to check out the pirate rooms/pool…great for kids! Argggg!:pirate:

We’ve stayed at all of the mods except CBR, and our favorite is definitely POFQ because everything is so convenient and easy to get to. It also has a really colorful and fun atmosphere and decor that the kids loved.

OH yay! And don’t forget the NEW COMFY QUEEN SIZE BEDS!!! They were great!! :smile:

OMG! My kids love that slide, over and over and over and over, you get the point! :laugh:

:sad:Now I’m second guessing my stay a CBR . . . BUT, I really want to try that pirate room! aaurgh! :pirate:

POR without a doubt

we have stayed at POFQ, POR (DL), CBR. of those we love POFQ the best. it is small and quiant

We stayed at POFQ the first week of February 2009 and LOVED it! However, I will say that the food was better at Boatrights down river than in Sassagoula Float Works in POFQ. I would absolutely request the (higher priced) close rooms to the main building and bus stop, though. We were in building 7 and seemed very far removed from the pool, food, and buses.

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;940746]OMG! My kids love that slide, over and over and over and over, you get the point! :laugh:

:sad:Now I’m second guessing my stay a CBR . . . BUT, I really want to try that pirate room! aaurgh! :pirate:[/QUOTE]

We stayed at CBR and I personally was diapointed :frown:. We were stuck in Trinidad South. That section was quit a distance from the main lodge, main pool, and everything one would enjoy about the resort. Now if we were in a section closer to the main lodge I may have a different opinion.

I would have to agree. As much as I loved CSR, the buses and size was a downfall for me. Enjoy Disney!

• Justy

Coronado Springs was great the two times we stayed there. Great rooms, great theme, great everything!

Have stayed at PORS. POFQ and CSR…really like all of them, but our favorites are the PO resorts…we love that boat ride to DTD and the relaxed atmosphere. PORS is really large, but we loved the Alligator Bayou section. So quiet and calm and a lovely walk to the pools and food court area. POFQ used to be our favorite until we stayed at RS…CSR is quite unique and large. The pool area is wonderful. Didn’t enjoy Pepper Market, but it was just so different than other Disney food courts. I don’t think we gave it a chance - and our stay there was in 2003. I would like to stay there again, though. But, my family just loved the atmosphere and location of the Port Orleans resorts. We will certainly stay at the PO resorts - probably in Dec. '09.

I stayed at POFQ last July and I liked it a lot! It was small, very convenient for Disney transportation. The atmosphere is very quaint, and I too liked the launch to DTD. I stayed in bldg. 4, which was very close to both the food court and the buses.

Our very FAVORITE resort is POR. We :heart::heart::heart: it!!! For many reasons!!! Our #1 reason is BOB the piano guy that plays Wednesday thru Saturday. You can catch the boat to DTD and we love that too!! they also have carriage rides, bicycle built for families, the little 2 seater boats etc… It is a wonderful resort and by far our favorite of all the Disney resorts. If you stay there DO NOT MISS BOB!!!:laugh:

I got us a preferred pirate room (no idea where that is?) but by the word preferred I’m hoping means close to something?? :pirate:

That said, we never eat at the resort, we hit the parks, then eat, so distance to the food/main building never bothers me AND in there always seems to be a pool around every corner at these resorts. :smile: