What ride do you start with?

I was curious about which ride everyone starts off with? Top 3 at each park. We’re taking 3 kids in '10 and wanted to get an idea of what one’s should be the top 3. I know my top 3. Crowds mean nada to me.

MK
1.)Haunted Mansion
2.)Space Mountain
3.)Splash Mountain

Epcot
1.)Test Track
2.)Nemo
no idea about #3

HS
1.)Aerosmith
2.)Tower of Terror
3.)Doesn’t matter

I’ve never ridden Aerosmith or Tower of Terror:eek:

Believe it or not… I have never ridden Thunder Mountain either.:eek: I was preg last trip and couldn’t go! Though my lo is a dare devil so he might have liked it lol. :laugh:

We’re doing MK for 2 days, Epcot for 1, and HS for 1 day. I’m trying to gt ideas on where to start in the parks each day. I’m not sure I’m going to let the kids pick the 1st rides…

It’s the same for us everytime. Our first day in the parks is always at MK. The first ride of the trip always has to be a train ride around MK. The joy my husband gets from hearing that train whistle for the first time…priceless. :wub:The other parks it varies.

The first ride and the first park is always Philharmagic in Magic Kingdom. We literally have gone to MK rode that ride and then left and went to another park before. :laugh: We never feel like we are at Disney until we see that show.

For us, our first ride at MK is POC…Epcot, it’s Soar’n and HS, what ever grabs us. AK, we go right to EE. Strange thing for us with EE. Everytime we go (3 times) on EE, the picture producing machine or what ever it’s called is broken down. We never get back that way, once we leave, so we’ve yet to have our picture from EE. :glare:

MK:
Pooh
Peter Pan
Phillharmagic

Epcot:
Soarin
Living seas
Soarin / a fast pass…lol

HS:
TSM
RnR
TOT

AK:
EE
EE
EE

MK:
Space Mountain (if wait isn’t too long)
TTC (usually waiting for Space Mountain fast pass to activate)
Buzz

Epcot:
Soarin’ or Mission Space (again depending on wait time and fast pass)

DHS
ToT
RnRCoaster
Toy Story
Star Tours

AK
Expedition Everest
Primeval Whirl
Safari

Of course all of this depends on listed wait times and fast pass availability.
I won’t wait more than 20 minutes for anything!

for us its:

MK:

1. WDW railroad
  2. space mountain
  3. buzz

HS:

1. TOT
  2. RnRC
  3. Star Tours

Epcot:

1. Spaceship Earth
  2. Soarin’
    2 Test Track

AK: (we’re with Dana on this one)

1. EE
  2. EE
  3. EE :laugh:

[QUOTE=Soundgod;978110]MK:
Space Mountain (if wait isn’t too long)
TTC (usually waiting for Space Mountain fast pass to activate)
Buzz

Epcot:
Soarin’ or Mission Space (again depending on wait time and fast pass)

DHS
ToT
RnRCoaster
Toy Story
Star Tours

AK
Expedition Everest
Primeval Whirl
Safari

Of course all of this depends on listed wait times and fast pass availability.
I won’t wait more than 20 minutes for anything![/QUOTE]

Lol, Soundgod, you could definately join our gang, we seem to like to do the same things first!

Jen, you know the Mrs and I are coaster junkies.
And I’ve been the one agitating for the next theme park to be Disney’s Coaster Kingdom, a park that contains 8 world class coasters on opening day, plus 6 junior and family coasters along with a handful of other thrill rides and family rides.
It’s high time Disney joined the coaster wars. It’s high time Disney had rides that are equal to Spiderman and Men In Black.

We are at MK’s entrance before the doors open. Once down Main Street and through the castle we glance over at Dumbo. We tell DS if he wants to go on it THAT is the time because we are NOT standing in line for an hour later on for Dumbo (Ds is now 7 yrs old and realizes what an hour wait is). The last trip DS didnt even want to go on it. So then our first three rides are:

1. Peter Pan - same reasoning as above
  2. Pooh
  3. Pirates
    But I have to say, I think our top three is going to change next trip. It is looking more like it will be:
  4. Peter Pan
  5. Pirates
  6. Thunder Mountain

At Epcot, our top three is:

1. Test Track
  2. Spaceship Earth (DS loves this ride)
  3. Figment

Hollywood Studios…

1. Toy Story Mania
  2. The Great Movie Ride
  3. Toy Story Mania

We always start off our vacation with a trip to MK first and a spin on the teacups:blink:. For some reason we always tend to go towards those, so they are the first official ride!

Last year and this year we stayed at POP, so after we checked in we went to HS so we could go back in a couple hours to check to make sure the luggage came from ME.

Soooooooo RnR has to be first for DH - and remember he doesn’t like coasters! He absolutely loves RnR.

Our first trip was last year and our very first ride was Soarin. Poor DD6 and I waited 75 minutes for it. We also loved Test Track.

At the MK, we almost ran to Splash Mountain. My DD6 loves water rides and she was so excited. Luckily it was cooler that day so she got to ride it over and over. My DS4 loved Dumbo and It’s a Small World.

At AK, we ran right to Expedition Everest. Again the weather was horrible, a torrential downpour. DD6 again got to ride EE over and over. We were wrapped in ponchos and holding them tight, the wind and rain was whipping our face! DD6 could’ve cared less. I really wanted to do Kilimanjaro Safaris too but we decided to leave because of the weather and never made it back. :frowning:

At Hollywood Studios, we ran and i mean RAN to Toy Story Mania. We would ride it twice early in the morning and then grab fastpasses for it. We all loved that ride. DD6 also loved ToT. She really wanted to go on RnR but was not tall enough.

To all those whose desire it is to ride Big Thunder the first thing when you get to the MK, keep in mind that Big Thunder usually does not even open until 11 AM. The same goes for Splash Mountain.
So, if you enter at 9 AM or if you’re there at 8 AM on EMH mornings, you’ve got a bit of time to kill.

(Unless there has been a recent change)

We basically do things in order starting from Adventureland. I’ll put some faves in each land, and in each park.

Magic Kingdom:

Adventureland:

1. Tiki Room
  2. Jungle Cruise
  3. Pirates of the Caribbean

Frontierland:

1. Big Thunder Mountain Rail Road
  2. Country Bear Jamboree
  3. Splash Mountain (I actually it out on this one)

Liberty Square:

1. Haunted Mansion
  2. Hall of Presidents

Fantasyland:

1. It’s A Small World
  2. Mickey’s Philharmagic

Mickey’s Toontown Fair:

1. Mickey’s Country House

Tomorrowland:

1. Space Mountain
  2. Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
  3. Tomorrowland Transit Authority

Epcot

1. Spaceship Earth (And of course it was better with Jeremy Irons doing the narration).
  2. Ellen’s Energy Adventure (Yes, I still love this ride no matter how long/boring people think it is).
  3. Test Track
  4. Journey Into Imagination w/Figment
  5. Honey I Shrunk the Audience
  6. The Gran Fiesta Tour
  7. Maelstrom
  8. The American Adventure
  9. The Seas w/Nemo and Friends
  10. Living with the Land

Hollywood Studios

1. Backlot Tour
  2. Toy Story Midway Mania!
  3. One Man’s Dream
  4. Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular
  5. Lights, Motors, Action!
  6. Beauty and the Beast - Live On Stage
  7. Fantasmic

Animal Kingdom

1. Kilimanjaro Safaris
  2. It’s Tough To Be A Bug
  3. Festival of the Lion King
  4. Expedition Everest

We do a heckuva lot more, but these are things we MUST hit when we’re there.

We are creatures of habit also:

MK

1. Train ride to frontier Land
    2 & 3. BTMRR or SM (FP for 1, short line for the other)
  2. HM

EPCOT

1. Test Track
  2. Soarin
  3. Turtle talk

AK

1. Safari
  2. CRR
  3. EE

DHS

1. TSM
  2. ToT
  3. RnRC

MK

1. Peter Pan
  2. Buzz
  3. Space Mountain. Then we head toward Splash Mtn.

Epcot

1. TT
  2. Soarin
  3. Figment

MGM–it will always be MGM to us

1. Toy Story Mania
  2. RNR
  3. TOT over and over again until the lines get long

AK

1. EE at least 5 times–usually more
  2. Primeval Whirl
  3. Kilimanjaro Safaris or Dinosaur depending on our mood

MK: We usually head straight to Fantasyland and do whatever has the shortest wait time at that moment.

EPCOT: Soarin’

HS: ToT

AK: EE

[QUOTE=Soundgod;978131]Jen, you know the Mrs and I are coaster junkies.
And I’ve been the one agitating for the next theme park to be Disney’s Coaster Kingdom, a park that contains 8 world class coasters on opening day, plus 6 junior and family coasters along with a handful of other thrill rides and family rides.
It’s high time Disney joined the coaster wars. It’s high time Disney had rides that are equal to Spiderman and Men In Black.[/QUOTE]

SG, sounds like you’ve been hanging out at Cedar Point a bit:wink:

[QUOTE=Soundgod;978209]To all those whose desire it is to ride Big Thunder the first thing when you get to the MK, keep in mind that Big Thunder usually does not even open until 11 AM. The same goes for Splash Mountain.
So, if you enter at 9 AM or if you’re there at 8 AM on EMH mornings, you’ve got a bit of time to kill.

(Unless there has been a recent change)[/QUOTE]

This was taken from AllEars and may be due to SM refurb but they have changed…
Attractions open during MORNING Extra Magic Hours

Magic Kingdom:

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Cinderella’s Golden Carrousel
Dumbo the Flying Elephant
Haunted Mansion
“it’s a small world”
Mad Tea Party
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Mickey’s PhilharMagic
Peter Pan’s Flight
Snow White’s Scary Adventures