What should I do?

My 10 day advance check-in for me is tomorrow (holy cow!) I’m not sure if I should do it or wait until we actually get there to check in.

We arrive in Orlando just before midnight so I imagine we won’t get to POP until around 1AM. Is there a better chance for an upgrade if we aren’t already checked in? I’m hoping (wishing) that all the regular rooms will be full so they will upgrade us to a preferred room. My worst fear is that we get a super far, bad room because that is all that is left.

Should I wait to check in or take my chances and do it tomorrow?

Im not too sure what to do either. I will be getting to POP at 4pm. Whats all involved in the 10 day check in?

I just found this online… Some questions and answers… The only question I have is that I will have a gift basket from Disney florist waiting for my DD at check in… will she still get it at check in if I do the online check in???

Q: What are the benefits of Online Check-In Service?

A: Guests who participate in Online Check-In Service may spend reduced registration time upon arrival at their resort hotel.

Back to topQ: If I participate in Online Check-In Service, will that guarantee that my room will be ready upon my arrival at the resort hotel?

A: Rooms will continue to be available at standard check-in time.

Back to topQ: Will my room be assigned as a part of the Online Check-In Service?

A: Participation in the Online Check-In Service does not provide room selection or assignment.

Back to topQ: Will Club Level Guests be able to participate in Online Check-In Service?

A: Yes. Online Check-In Service is available for Guests staying at select Walt Disney World® Resort hotels and Disney Vacation Club resorts in operation as of February 2009 regardless of room type.

Back to topQ: Can I participate in Online Check-In Service on same day of arrival?

A: Yes, if Guests have access to a computer prior to arriving at the resort hotel. Online Check-In Service is available beginning 10 days prior to arrival and up to and including arrival date.

Back to topQ: What is mydisneyreservation.com/meetings?

A: Mydisneyreservation.com/meetings is a website used to access Online Check-In Service and review itinerary information in preparation for their stay.

Back to topQ: If I have questions when completing Online Check-In Service, who should I contact?

A: If you have questions about Online Check-In Service, please call 407-828-7128

Back to topQ: If I already completed Online Check-In Service and then made a modification to my reservation, do I need to go back to Online Check-In Service website to update my information?

A: Yes. To ensure no delays upon arrival, modifications to upcoming reservations must be re-confirmed through Online Check-In Service website.

[QUOTE=kimblebee;988870]My 10 day advance check-in for me is tomorrow (holy cow!) I’m not sure if I should do it or wait until we actually get there to check in.

We arrive in Orlando just before midnight so I imagine we won’t get to POP until around 1AM. Is there a better chance for an upgrade if we aren’t already checked in? I’m hoping (wishing) that all the regular rooms will be full so they will upgrade us to a preferred room. My worst fear is that we get a super far, bad room because that is all that is left.

Should I wait to check in or take my chances and do it tomorrow?[/QUOTE]

I was wondering the same thing!!

BUMP

Please, does anyone have some advice? I really don’t know what to do.

I would wait until you get there. I think you are going to get what you get and mine as well cross fingers for an upgrade which I think would have a better chance of happening in person. I intend to check in when I get there. I like to ask again for my building request in person. You are dealing with a human at that point. You can also maybe have the chance of picking the building or the floor you are on if you do it when you get there.

So, your room is assigned as soon as you complete the 10 day check in? I’m hoping for an upgraded room too (highly doubt it’ll happen but a girl can wish) and if waiting to do all check in at the time of arrival will help those chances then I’ll wait.

I am leaning towards just waiting til we get there. I can’t imagine there is going to be a huge line at 1 a.m. I can’t believe I can actually talk about my advance check in now. I hope these last 11 days go super quick.

I was reading on the DIS boards that they recommend faxing in your room request about 4 days prior to your checkin. Now, I know this is before online check-in, but I think room assignment is different than checkin. I’m going to use this strategy to reinforce my building request, dont know how well it works, but we shall see…the only upgrade I want is to a moderate or deluxe!! and that isnt happening…

I was also looking into this and from what I was reading and if I read it correctly once you do the online check in, it makes it easier for you once you get to your resort, in that you dont have to wait in the “check in” line. You still have to see a CM to get your room keys, hotel iterary etc. So I would imagine that you can ask the CM at that time for an upgrade.

I thought with the exception of advanced booked/paid for priority and handicapped rooms they weren’t actually assigned until the day of arrival regardless of on-line or in-person checkin.

kimblebee I agree, that time of morning I can’t see having to wait in much of line. But then again, when it’s the middle of the night and i’m ready for bed even 10 mins makes a difference determining which of the 7 Dwarfs I am. (aka Happy vs. Sleepy=Grumpy):redface:

I am planning on waiting until we arrive. I did request a first floor pool side room in the Fantasia building for our stay in Oct. the CM said he would put it in our request. I did go ahead an pay for a preferred room up front. I am interest to see if one way over the other makes for a better chance at an upgrade.

Not sure if an upgrade would be possible when arriving at that time. We arrived one time at 2:00am. The cm already had our room number, but couldn’t add our visa to the room card because of “computer maintenance.” I then asked to change rooms because it was raining, and the room was a far walk in the elements. She said she couldn’t make any changes. So, I’m thinking when you arrive late, they preprogram your key cards prior to the computer system going down for the night.

:confused: If you booked with an agent can you still use on-line check in?

Yes you can, and if you have problems, your agent can do it for you. I wasn’t sure either, but I “tested” it out and it will pull up your reservation if you are within your 10 days. Still not sure if I am going to go through with the online check in, but at least I know now that it can be done.

Disney stopped accepting and honoring room requests faxes years ago. It is best to have them noted on your reservation and then request them again at check in. You can, of course, still fax them…you never know.

I can’t even get the online check in to work. It keeps saying, sorry, there is a problem. I am going to try the number listed and see if I can see what’s up.

Try again tomorrow. Disney online often has technical difficulties, but they are usually worked out quickly.

I think upgrades are given at arrival if they are available. They won’t give away a premium room if there’s someone waiting to pay for it, you know. So if, when you get there at 1 am,there’s a “better” room you probably get it if you ask for it :wink:

Make sure they have your phone number correct . . . my area code is 561 and they (even though I change it EVERY. TIME!!) have it as 516 . . . when I use 516 I can log in no problem!

When you do online check in you can request a room suggestion . . . but you have to pay for upgrades . . . altho it doesn’t hurt to ask.

Online check in is AWESOME! But the beauty of it is everything is ready to go. PKG, Car Pass, Keys, Room . . . grab and go!