What should I expect

I’ve stayed at POR twice so far but on Sunday I will be checking into AKL for the first time.

What can I expect to be a major difference except the wonderful animals.

Are the rooms much different? Bigger?

Thanks in advance for any information. :blush:

Prepare to be amazed. The AKL is on a much grander scale than the POR, the rooms are going to be bigger, and, it will just be a different ambience over all. If you are an animal lover, you will not be disappointed. It definitely will take your breath away! You can check out photos of the resort at Deb’s Unofficial Walt Disney World Vacation Information Guide - WDW Planning Guide - Walt Disney World

The lobby is amazing. Take time to look around it. It has one of the best gift shops on-property (things you don’t find other places)

They have a nice lounge.

Also you don’t have worry about the weather in getting to your room because of the indoor hallways.

I like big/tall hotels. AKL is part of a trio that includes Wilderness Lodge and the Grand Californian at Disneyland. All three are designed in a very similar manner, though all three are different. All three feature stunning lobbies with huge fireplaces. And you can get to your bus in relative comfort and dryness, which the mods don’t offer, and even the Poly and Grand Floridian can’t offer that. Dining is also better here as well. And 24 hour room service.

Amazed is the perfect word to describe the feeling you are going to get when you enter the lobby of that beautiful resort. Everything is just wonderful there…even the transportation to and from the parks and DTD. The rooms don’t seem that much bigger than PO to me…they are but not by much. The gift shop is a blast…cool african stuff. You picked a winner…it’s my favorite of all time.

ooooooooooo I’m sooooo excited now, thanks for the information. :blush:

Astounded. In awe. And immediately in love. :wub:

At least that’s how I felt about AKL…and I wasn’t even staying there! :blush: