What times do you make you ADRs for?

Just trying to get an idea on what time everyone likes to schedule their dinner ADRs for.

We usually eat later than usual while on vacation, so I thought I would see what the rest of you like to do too.:happy:

Early eater here 5:00pm

I think it depends really. If we are trying to catch Fireworks or Fantasmic or something we’ll eat earlier around 6 or 6:30 but if we are at Rose and Crown for Illuminations or we have no evening plans we usually eat closer to 8. Which is a BIG difference from when we normally eat around 630 at home but we usually eat bigger lunches and snacks when we are on vacation.

Also, we found out the hard way that we cannot do lunch ADR’s! We have done 50’s Prime Time and Beirgarten for lunch and after both lunches we were worthless. All we wanted to do was go back to the room and nap.

I voted for 7:30 as a happy medium, but that’s only at Epcot if we’re trying to make Illuminations. We can go as late as 8:30

We always make our dinner ADRs for between 5:45-6:00ish. Only because if the parks are only open until 8pm or 10pm then you have time to walk around after dinner. I could NEVER imagine having an ADR at 8pm. You miss any parade/fireworks, there isn’t time to do anything after dinner, and all you can do is either go back to the hotel or to DtD. I like having time after dinner to walk it off & hang out in the parks.

I always try to get between 5:30 and 6:00 pm. I try to stay on the same schedule that we keep at home, it makes it easier for the kids when we return home.

I always try to get as close to 5pm as possible.

I like 4:30 - 5 because if it’s hot, you feel like a good break at that time.

We tend to do an early lite lunch, so around 6, we are ready for dinner. Of course, if the only ADR we can get is 4:30, we will take it. We never eat late. Just can’t do it. Besides, it interferes with the night life.

We seem to always eat late when we are at WDW. Strangely enough we seem to make ADR’s when we are standing in the park amd always get in somewhere but its late. I choose 8:30pm but sometimes we’ve eaten later.

It depends on where dinner is. If its in a restaurant where you can see fireworks I usually make the reservation about a 1/2 hour before the fire works start so say I was at the California Grill (My Fav) I would make reservations at 7:30 for the 8pm wishes fireworks at MK. That way I will be around dessert and get to watch the fireworks without the HUGE crowd.

I’m 5:30ish. By then the lunch and snacks have worn off and I’m ready for a nice dinner! Plus then there’s plenty of time after dinner for dessert. :happy:

I think for the most part, we do the same thing. It all depends on what we are doing that day and what time the fireworks are the parades are scheduled for that night.

Cali Grill is one of our favs too. And what a spectacular view if you time it right!:happy:

ok, we eat a late breakfast, so I make the evening ADRs between 7:30 and 8:30 with snacks in between.

On the deluxe plan, we have breakfast ADRs all over the place and then eat at signature restaurants every night.
Trying this for the first time, hope it works out the way I had planned.

[QUOTE=Dopey;911294]ok, we eat a late breakfast, so I make the evening ADRs between 7:30 and 8:30 with snacks in between.

On the deluxe plan, we have breakfast ADRs all over the place and then eat at signature restaurants every night.
Trying this for the first time, hope it works out the way I had planned.[/QUOTE]

We are doing the same thing this trip too. You will be getting back about the time we are leaving. What day will you actually get back? Maybe we can compare notes.:laugh:

We usually make dinner reservations around 4.30pm - 6pm because we’re early risers (and eaters) so don’t tend to have late evening meals!

Coming back on February 1st :crying:<—already :laugh:

I leave on the 5th…so you better be on the ball with your TR and reviews!:laugh:

We eat as close to 5pm as possible. We like to walk off our meals and catch fireworks/parades, whatever. Plus, with children, it helps to keep them as close as possible to their schedules from home.