What to do

So we have decided to not go to Universal Atudios in may when we are at WDW.

We have a whole day with nothing planned. We can go to a park since we bought enough days worth of tickets, but we are looking for something to do.

We have done the Keys To The Kingdom tour.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what we could do this day?

We would like for it to be on WDW property.

I would consider miniature golf(Fantasia Gardens or Wintersummerland), or maybe the Tour at Futureworld.

Something we have talked about is taking a day and tour the other resorts.

We have already been to both Miniature Golf courses and they were pretty boring to us. I really think Disney could have done better with the courses.

I think i will look into the other tours. The steam engine one at MK would be cool because we like trains but you have to get up really early for it.

The suggestion about going to the various resorts, ie. Polynesian, Contemporary, Grand Floridian, Wilderness Lodge, etc. is a good one. We have done that and simply walked around and explored the property and shops. It is fun and a good opportunity to try restaurants that might otherwise be neglected.

Personally, we did not enjoy Keys to the Kingdom. I think you have to be so immersed in everything Disney and anxious to learn all about everything - all I kept thinking was “darn! there’s no line at Splash Mountain!”

As for stuff to do - well - how about just relaxing by the pool. Having an afternoon nap. Strolling around the Marketplace or a resort you particularly want to see.

[QUOTE=llama;941555]Personally, we did not enjoy Keys to the Kingdom. I think you have to be so immersed in everything Disney and anxious to learn all about everything - all I kept thinking was “darn! there’s no line at Splash Mountain!”

As for stuff to do - well - how about just relaxing by the pool. Having an afternoon nap. Strolling around the Marketplace or a resort you particularly want to see.[/QUOTE]
I have to agree with you on the “just chill by the pool”. Sometimes we won’t to cram so much of Disney in our trip that we forget to just relax. I vote for relaxing and just walking around the resorts or DTD.

it is so hard to relax there… so much to do! I cannot force myself to take a day off when I only have a certain number of days there…

What about a water park? I guess that is like adding on a normal park day, huh?

[QUOTE=hanwill;941575]it is so hard to relax there… so much to do! I cannot force myself to take a day off when I only have a certain number of days there…

What about a water park? I guess that is like adding on a normal park day, huh?[/QUOTE]
I guess for me,taking time to relax helps me to soak it all in.

I already have a day for relaxing in the middle of the week as well. I can’t relax two whole days when at WDW. that is crazy talk… LOL:laugh:

you can try the segway tour at epcot. I haven’t done it but I want to. Or you can go over to Disney Quest and check that out along with the cirgue du soleil show.

Go to a park early, hit a handfull of attractions and be back at the hotel for a relaxing afternoon. Or try 2 parks, 2-3 atractions and head back. But my favorite is to really take time at AK and travel all of the paths and see everything you miss on a normal visit. There are so many areas that everyone just skips.

That’s my DH’s favorite way to spend our last day if we have a semi-early flight. He looks forward to just browsing around and not having a schedule.

Can you say more about the Segway tour of Epcot?

Brandon – are they conducting the surfing lessons at TL again? I know they stopped for refurb, but it might be back up and running again.

Also, the bass fishing expeditions on Bay Lake are terrific – you can get the boat at Contempo or at WL, and you will enjoy it. Ask for guide Carrie , who was terrific with us.

How about a water park day?

Pirate’s Cove Adventure Golf over in the Gooding’s shopping center is great!

LOL. My parents do that on the first night we get there. Unpack our stuff and hit the hotels. I think it’s a great way to kick off the vacation. Going straight to a park is too much.

LOL - sometimes that’s how we start off, too! If we’re getting in in the evening, we’re usually too tired to hit a park. We pick up our autograph books and some little things so we can get a bright and early start in the morning! (Wow, I can let my DH know he’s not the only one - he thought he was so smart, lol)

We have spent an off day exploring DTD and the going to an early-evening dinner show.

The Segway Tour is 2 hours. You start your tour in Innoventions where they first show you a movie then teach you how to drive the Segway. They let you practice inside for the first hour. The second hour of your tour is spent riding through the World Showcase (before it opens). They take you around, give you a few random facts, but mostly it is about the fun of riding the Segway through the countries.

If you haven’t done it already how about visiting the Resorts