What will disney do?

evidently a hot movie coming out of sundance shows a different side from someone’s eyes what a trip to Disney is…
Sundance 2013: What’s it like to secretly film at Disney World? - OrlandoSentinel.com
I haven’t seen it and so far from what I hear no distribution is pending and so far no reaction from Disney.It will be interesting to see what Disney does

The Disney lawyers will go for the guttural before morning…

It almost sounds like the smartest thing for Disney to do would be to just buy the film and then decide how or if they want to release it.

They will send a pack of flying monkeys, or maybe some wicked twin eels with glowing eyes to take care of it…

+1 That was the first thing that popped into my mind as well.

I don’t see how this could be released or even screened at Sundance. First, they shot illegally at WDW without compensating Disney. Secondly, what about the the fact that the people in the park that are shown on film where filmed without their knowledge. I’d be ticked if my family ended up in a movie without consent. It seems like there are a lot of legal questions. 6-2-6 needs to weigh in on the legal side of this.

I agree. So much legal, so much red tape. I thought about the filming without consent issue too. But then, we all video at the parks and all have people in our movies who might not want to be shown ( internationally in my case:laugh:) So, maybe the film makers were using that freedom to film to their advantage. Maybe Disney has a clause on the general ticket sale agreement that says guests may be subject to filming whilst inside the Disney parks, yet this has been used against the corporation to an opposite effect.

From reading the article, the basis of the film sounds ridiculous anyway, and the supposedly controversial behaviours were insensitive and immature.
I get tired of these types of people whose sole intent is to somehow blemish the parks ethos. For most of us,at least for a short time, it is the happiest place on earth- let it stay that way.

[QUOTE=dixie;1128882]I agree. So much legal, so much red tape. I thought about the filming without consent issue too. But then, we all video at the parks and all have people in our movies who might not want to be shown ( internationally in my case:laugh:) So, maybe the film makers were using that freedom to film to their advantage. Maybe Disney has a clause on the general ticket sale agreement that says guests may be subject to filming whilst inside the Disney parks, yet this has been used against the corporation to an opposite effect.

From reading the article, the basis of the film sounds ridiculous anyway, and the supposedly controversial behaviours were insensitive and immature.
I get tired of these types of people whose sole intent is to somehow blemish the parks ethos. For most of us,at least for a short time, it is the happiest place on earth- let it stay that way.[/QUOTE]

We all do film in the parks, but the big difference for me is that I am not distributing and selling anyone. These people are trying to profit, normal park goers are not.

In the interview with the director and actor from the film they tell about how in one part the man is looking for his daughter and turning other girls around trying to find his daughter. These were just park goers and not actors and these unsuspecting people became part of the film. That is just wrong to me.

If the man is a good filmmaker he could tell a story without going about it this way. Seems to me he knew it would get him press because of the unethical way he filmed it.

I agree, Dixie, let the place be the happy place it is. Don’t try to mar it with this kind of behavior.

I guess I’m not “cultural” enough - I find so many of these type of movies to be silly and boring - and this one sounds like it would be really depressing, as well. But then, depression is a big part of these “artistic” movies. It’ll be interesting to see what steps Disney takes, if any.

[QUOTE=simplytall;1128884]We all do film in the parks, but the big difference for me is that I am not distributing and selling anyone. These people are trying to profit, normal park goers are not.

In the interview with the director and actor from the film they tell about how in one part the man is looking for his daughter and turning other girls around trying to find his daughter. These were just park goers and not actors and these unsuspecting people became part of the film. That is just wrong to me.

If the man is a good filmmaker he could tell a story without going about it this way. Seems to me he knew it would get him press because of the unethical way he filmed it.

I agree, Dixie, let the place be the happy place it is. Don’t try to mar it with this kind of behavior.[/QUOTE]

Yes, of course you’re right, we don’t distribute for public use. I am sure the Disney lawyers will be all over this and rightly so. I too would hate to think we were the unwitting subjects of a movie, and you know, people may have all sorts of reasons for not wanting their movements captured on film- interesting to see what develops?

Reminds me of when Disney had the live web cameras in various parts of the parks. I used to love logging in and just watching people enjoying the park, then one day, poof, they were gone.

-H

[QUOTE=GrumpyDad;1128896]Reminds me of when Disney had the live web cameras in various parts of the parks. I used to love logging in and just watching people enjoying the park, then one day, poof, they were gone.

-H[/QUOTE]

Hey check out this site!!!

Disney Live Cams - Fantasyland’s Hidden EarthCam

At least it will give you a live peek at DTD, DL and that balloon thingy in Marketplace. I bet the camera with EC in the background would show fireworks, if you log in at the right time, oh, say 9 p.m. :laugh:

Disney Legal has already shut this film down. From the synopsis that sounds like a good idea.

[QUOTE=MissDisney;1128915]Hey check out this site!!!

Disney Live Cams - Fantasyland’s Hidden EarthCam

At least it will give you a live peek at DTD, DL and that balloon thingy in Marketplace. I bet the camera with EC in the background would show fireworks, if you log in at the right time, oh, say 9 p.m. :laugh:[/QUOTE]

Thanks that helps…:cool: