What would it cost for family of 5

Could anyone give me an estimate on what it should cost for a family of 5 to go to Disney for 7 days and stay on-site?

Welcome to Mousebuzz! I’m sure you will get lots of good information here.

I just went to Walt Disney World Resort

And I priced a package for May 7 - 14 at the value resort (All Star Music) including a family suite, the dining plan, free transportation to/from airport, your park tickets (including water parks and more option & park hoppers). The price was $5200.

The alternate offer that came up was for a moderate resort (in a regular room) - Port Orleans - and the price was $4800.

Try going to the site and choosing different options and reading about the different resorts and the accomodations they all have. You should also order a planning DVD. It also might be a good idea to use a travel agent. Just make sure you use a Disney authorized travel agent, and you should be able to find one that is FREE to use.

Disney is also offering lots of discounts (like free dining) for certain dates through 2011, so if your travel dates are flexible, you may be able to take advantage of one of the offers.

Best of luck, and I can’t wait to hear about your plans!

depends on when you want to go and where you want to stay…to go now - alot CHEAPER than you would think

questions

1. when
  2. out the five - what are the ages?

we can go from there

I have my price for Sept of next year for 6 nights and 7 days, 6 day PH for each of us, regular dining plan and 2 connecting rooms at the Pop for under 3k.
I played around with it for HOURS and that is the best deal I was offered. Also, I went in under the “Free Dining” offer and upgraded from quick service to the regular dining plan. If not, it’s more expensive.

[QUOTE=dadofthree;1053049]questions

1. when
  2. out the five - what are the ages?

we can go from there[/QUOTE]

Yeah, when makes a big difference.

That’s for 2 adults, a 16 year old, 14 year old and 6 year old.

You might want to call Disney Travel and ask them what kind of promotions they will be having around the time you want to go. If you tell them what kind of budget you want to work within, they can give you different options, that might work for your family. After you get a price from them, you can then shop around and see if another authorized Disney agency can do a little better for you. Also if you get the Chase Disney Visa, they will let you spead the payments out over 6 months with no interest charges. But you can’t call Disney Travel until October 14th, because they are upgrading their reservation system is being updated.

Anytime in May and kids are 12, 10 and 7

They’ll have free dining - I would go to the Disney website and play with the dates.

where do you see free dining. Eberytime I go to the site it offers the dining packages but nothing free? Also, thank you to all for your help

Walt Disney World Resort

look on the top, right hand side. It says “tickets and packages” - if you put your mouse over that, it will say “special offers” - click on that. Scroll down and it should say under Special Offers - “Vacation Offers” - under that it says FREE Disney Dining - click on that link and you can pick your resort, etc. from there.

You can definitely do it alot cheaper than $5200 or $4800. Read through many of the threads on here and you will get many ideas and feel free to ask questions. The members on here have a vast knowledge and are willing to offer any and all types of help.

just for comparison sake - I am going for 7 nights in March with a party of 6 (2 rooms at a value with Park Hoppers and Dining for $4800. My dates are not flexible with wife being a school teacher but I see no reason you couldnt find something for $3500 or cheaper.
The first time we went - I went for $2300 - I helped a friend who is going for 4 nights/5 days for around $2000 at beginning of Dec (party of 5 - 2 kids and 1 infant)
If you are flexible on dates you can find ways to save…I dont have that luxery - we always seem to have to pay top $$$$ for ours.

side note - be careful in May if Gay Days is an issue for your family. I know we postponed our 1st trip cuz we initially booked on this week…I just wasnt ready to explain all that to my then 6 yr old and 3 yr old boys…

This is the sort of question travel agents are made for. Call Mouseketrips (CALL, not email) and they will help you find the best price. There are a lot of discounts, and you can see what would be best for your family.