What would you do? ADR and an Inc. in No. of guests

OK. We completed our ADR at the 90 day mark for our Oct 7th trip to WDW for a family of four. Now our 80 year old active Grandparents (Great Grand parents to our two kids) want to go with us. I have tried to get similar reservations for 6 and even as a seperate reservation for the additional 2 people but no luck. Ohana, The Castle, California Grill, LeCellier are now all booked during our stay.

Any suggestions?

1. Prepare to give up your prime locations to spend time with your fam.
  2. Have them show up and by chance they’d be allowed as a walk-in. If no room they can grab a bite at a nearby CS and you hook up afterwards.
  3. Split up on some of the ressies. We’re in a similar boat. My MIL has decided to join us making a party of 7, sooo some meals she & SIL can spend quality time with the DD’s during meals while DH & I take a break or else MIL & SIL will go elsewhere.

None of these are my fav choices, but they are reasonable options to consider.

Roll the dice and show up as a party of six. That’s what I have done on many occassion (during free dining and peak season) and have never been turned away.

Worst case: all of you show up and bluff that you made the reservation for 6, not 4.
Either they accommodate you or they don’t.
Be prepared with alternate plans of one sort or another.

Thanks for the information!!!

Still trying to get reservations but wanted to see if anyone else had an opinion. Thanks for the information so far!!!

When you tried to alter the ADR did you look online or did you call?
I would call and explain the situation. They may be able to manually change it for you.

I had that issue with Ohana. They added two onto my existing reservation with no problem. It was my 3rd time (3rd CM) asking but the last said no problem. Took her 20 seconds. The first two said it could not be done.
Good Luck!

[QUOTE=zoey9797;991699]When you tried to alter the ADR did you look online or did you call?
I would call and explain the situation. They may be able to manually change it for you.

I had that issue with Ohana. They added two onto my existing reservation with no problem. It was my 3rd time (3rd CM) asking but the last said no problem. Took her 20 seconds. The first two said it could not be done.
Good Luck![/QUOTE]

I’ve called twice with same response “no”. Maybe third time is a charm. Lets see…