What's better, March or April

for fewer crowds? Here’s the thing. We’re going to wdw in Dec. this year. Next year we’re going from Nov. 30th to Dec. 7th. Just found out this morning that our airline (Midwest Airline) is canceling out their frequent flyers program come Oct.31st. :mad: If we want to use them, we have to book a trip before May, so we’re thinking of taking a short trip to WDW in either March or April. We have enough miles for a free trip for both of us, so we don’t want to loss them. Just wondering which, in your opinion is the better month.

We went in April 05, and it was wonderful. The weather was beautiful, didn’t notice big crowds, plus it’s the flower and garden festival at Epcot, which is AMAZING! I recommend April, for sure.

BTW, DH will be irritated to hear about Midwest. We flew them in August, and just weren’t as impressed as when we flew with them in 2001. I know, 7years difference, but we don’t live near any airports that they fly out of (hazards of military life). But, I guess that’s just another cost of air travel these days.

Well, I’ve never been in March but we did go in Mid April during school vacation week. It was very crowded and very hot! But we still had an absolutely fabulous time.

Question about the frequent flyer miles. Do you have to TRAVEL before May or do your reservations have to be made by May. Meaning could you use your miles for your Nov/Dec trip as long as you make your reservations by May?

I’ve really enjoyed the parks in March…low crowds are a big plus. Keep in mind that Easter is on April 12th next year…stay clear if you want to avoid the Easter crowds…

We have gone in the last week of April once and the first week of May twice. All of these trips were wonderful crowd-wise.

I’ve stayed away from March because you never know when all the school spring breaks are going to fall. End of April, beginning of May I’ve always been safe

Just watch Easter. I think a lot of spring breaks fall near Easter… Last year Easter was a week earlier, and the crowds seemed to come a week earlier. I think early March is a great time.

Silly goose… everyone know that the best is both March AND April! LOL

We went in March 2oo6.The weather was perfect,low crowds.We went the last week/first week of april may 2007 and it was Hot,more of a crowd .I vote march!

[QUOTE=b1wife;883704]We went in April 05, and it was wonderful. The weather was beautiful, didn’t notice big crowds, plus it’s the flower and garden festival at Epcot, which is AMAZING! I recommend April, for sure.

BTW, DH will be irritated to hear about Midwest. We flew them in August, and just weren’t as impressed as when we flew with them in 2001. I know, 7years difference, but we don’t live near any airports that they fly out of (hazards of military life). But, I guess that’s just another cost of air travel these days.[/QUOTE]

Sadly, Midwest, which at one time had the “Best care in the air” has really gone down hill since 9/11 and now with the price of jet fuel it’s even worse. They’re trying to stay out of Chapter 11 right now. :crying:
I forgot about the Flower and Garden at Epcot. Have to give that a thought. Thanks!

[QUOTE=Peppertink;883709]Question about the frequent flyer miles. Do you have to TRAVEL before May or do your reservations have to be made by May. Meaning could you use your miles for your Nov/Dec trip as long as you make your reservations by May?

I’ve really enjoyed the parks in March…low crowds are a big plus. Keep in mind that Easter is on April 12th next year…stay clear if you want to avoid the Easter crowds…[/QUOTE]

We have to book before May, and we would love to be able to use them for our trip next year, but we can’t book that far in advance. Midwest no longer (or at least for now) flies to Orlando during the summer months so that leaves us with spring. Thanks for the Easter alert Tink. I didn’t take the time to check that out.:blush:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I would say March April will be pretty busy with Spring Break time. Although, if you want to really avoid the crowds I would say May is even better time to go.

:ohmy: Book for the earliest possible time. So many airlines have gone under recently I would rather deal with crowds than be out of a trip all together.

We had a heck of a time with our reservations. Including my mom’s flight which we had to rebook because of one airline going under and then American stopped doing direct flights from PR to MCO - they had changed it without telling us and had my mom do a lay-over of 3 hours! Our flight we had to rebook because of the many time changes the airline was doing - we had booked a flight in the AM and by the end they had us on a red-eye flight.