What's Going on in November?

My parents are booking a few nights in Disney in November (8th-11th). Many resorts are close to sold out or have limited rooms available. I also noticed that the begining of November is also blocked out for the current free dining offer.
Any ideas what’s going on that time of year, if anything?

There could be conventions with large blocks of rooms being held until closer to the dates. Also, Nov 11 is Veteran’s Day and part of what is sometimes called “Jersey Week” where schools close for election day, a two day statewide teachers convention, and Veteran’s Day.

The Food and Wine Festival is also taking place at that time!

The free dining pin numbers on post cards sent out to people around the country are for that period, that could be part of the reason.

Few things:

First week of MVMCP
Convention
Jersey week
Last week of Food and Wine
First week of Osbourne lights

This week last year, there was not a single value or moderate room left on property three weeks before…It’s also the week of my birthday - maybe they are all going to WDW to celebrate me…:laugh::laugh::laugh:

[QUOTE=Dana;1134141]Few things:

First week of MVMCP
Convention
Jersey week

This week last year, there was not a single value or moderate room left on property three weeks before…It’s also the week of my birthday - maybe they are all going to WDW to celebrate me…:laugh::laugh::laugh:[/QUOTE]

You must go crazy trying to keep all of the dates straight for everything that goes on in WDW.

First week of MVMCP
Convention
Jersey week

This week last year, there was not a single value or moderate room left on property three weeks before…It’s also the week of my birthday - maybe they are all going to WDW to celebrate me…:laugh::laugh::laugh:[/QUOTE]

Well, naturally, it’s your birthday celebrations. People flock to the parks to celebrate the wonderfulness that is you!:laugh: Don’t they have special fireworks for that?

We once had a couple of days after a cruise at the beginning of November and I thought it would be deserted - it was more crowded than any other time we’ve been there. I think it was those Jersey people…:whistling

Good to know, thanks!

First week of MVMCP
Convention
Jersey week

Thanks! I guess it’s a good thing that they grabbed a room early!
I’ll let them know that it’s your birthday too. :happy:

Also, in our school district, the kids get out of school early on Nov 8 and there is no school on Nov 11 for Veterans Day.

Hmmmmmm…after reading the thread and seeing that this is the 1st weekend for Osborne lights, I might see if I can sneak in a quick trip!!! :wub:

[QUOTE=llama;1134145]Well, naturally, it’s your birthday celebrations. People flock to the parks to celebrate the wonderfulness that is you!:laugh: Don’t they have special fireworks for that?

We once had a couple of days after a cruise at the beginning of November and I thought it would be deserted - it was more crowded than any other time we’ve been there. I think it was those Jersey people…:whistling[/QUOTE]

Oh, GEEZ. JERSEY PEOPLE!!! :eek:

:laugh:

First week of MVMCP
Convention
Jersey week

I can’t believe you guessed the surprise! Now we’ll have to think of something else. LOL

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

[QUOTE=Andrea;1135198]Oh, GEEZ. JERSEY PEOPLE!!! :eek:

:laugh:[/QUOTE]

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

[QUOTE=Andrea;1135198]Oh, GEEZ. JERSEY PEOPLE!!! :eek:

:laugh:[/QUOTE]

I KNOW!:laugh:

Ummm…Don’t mess wit da Joisey people!! I like a lot of them!! :pinch:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Thank goodness we’re going home Nov. 7!

The Wine & Dine race is that weekend too, I think.

Yes, it’s a race weekend - forgot that!