What's New?

Ok, the last time I was in WDW (in 2003), Big Thunder Mountain was down the entire time being rehabbed and Mickey’s Philharmagic was a week or two away from opening. This time around, I’m sure we’ll get to ride Big Thunder, check out Philharmagic, AND get to ride Soarin’. Is there anything else we may have missed within the past 2 years? No need to mention shows or things like that, I don’t care for them.

I think Mission:Space was just opened in 2003, did you see that?

All the other new things are shows – except Lucky the animatronic dinosaur at the Animal Kingdom, but I’m not sure he’ll still be there in September. Lights, Motors, Action is a new stunt show at MGM. It’s still a show, but not a show like Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King, or Tarzan – this is more along the lines of the Indiana Jones Stunt Show Spectacular.

Definitely do Mission:Space - I think that opened around the same time as Philharmagic.

Actually, Mission: Space had opened a full month before our last trip, so we were able to try that out a few times.

I would suggest going to WDW website and checking out what is new since your last visit. I know they have a section devoted for this, you just type in the last time you visited and it lists all the new attractions/shows.

“Turtle Talk with Crush” at the Living Seas in Epcot is one of the absolutely best new attractions at WDW. And now Dory’s been added to the show. Don’t miss it.