Whats the deal with Cape May?

We have been trying to book an ADR for lunch at Cape May for the last few weeks.Wanted it for our arrival day but there is no availability the entire week from 12:00 to 3:00. We get in at noon and would like to have lunch there. We are staying at BC and wanted to be able to just go down and eat lunch before we head to the parks. Do they hold anything for guests staying at the home resort? If I call the BC conciege desk do you think they would fit us in? We could ask at the podium, but would like to have it in line ahead of time(not sure how long we would have to wait). It would just be nice to be able to check in and go to lunch at the same place. I made an ADR at Captians’s Grill which we have always liked and is a short walk away,but still would like to do Cape May. I dont remember in years past having such a tough time. Is there a reason for it or have I just been lucky in the past? I will keep trying, just wanted you insight. Thanks all!

I didn’t know Cape May did lunch. I thought only breakfast and dinner. When did they start?

I think jo-jo is right: I only know of breakfast and dinner there. That may be the problem with getting a lunch ressie.

I agree with everyone else, I’ve never seen Cape May open for lunch. We walk by it coming and going to the pool and it’s never open during the afternoon.

You might think about Captain’s Grill, I’m pretty sure it’s open for lunch every day.

No lunch there. Dinner starts at 5:30pm.

That would explain it.:ohmy: I guess I never thought about it, but we have done breakfast and dinner in the past. Thank you so much, I would have gone crazy trying to get an ADR from now till August!! We will stick with the Captains Grill for lunch. Once again thanks.:blush:

You can’t book lunch because they’ve never had lunch.
They pretty much serve breakfast until 11:30, last seating about 10:30.
They reopen somewhere around 5 for dinner, and of course, the change of the two buffets is drastic.

Beaches & Cream is open for lunch.
If you want to eat outside, Hurricane Hannah’s is pool side just off the promenade.
Frank

We ate at Hurricane Hannah’s twice last week and it was yummy…Salad and Turkey sandwich’s hit the spot on a hot day

>>We ate at Hurricane Hannah’s twice last week and it was yummy…Salad and Turkey sandwich’s hit the spot on a hot day<,

I’ve heard you can get Beaches & Cream “style” burgers @ Hurricane Hannah’s (HH’s), but I’ve never really understood what that meant.

I enjoy eating outside at HH’s, listening to the music and just watching the people go by.
I could do without the birds though!!!

It’s good to see Captain’s Table’s business pick up. I can recall when it has been really empty in past years.
I’ve always been a bit surprised that neither the Yacht Club nor Beach Club has a 24 hr buffeteria like Picabu in the Dolphin, especially w the DVC now at the Beach Club.
In fact, there isn’t one at the Boardwalk either.

Picabu - The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort - Orlando Hotels, Florida

Frank

Maybe Beaches and Cream “style” is a subtle way of saying “made in the same kitchen and carried out to the pool bar”?

The first time we stayed at Beach (having already stayed at Yacht twice and Dolphin thrice) we got back to our room after midnight and wanted something hot from room service. This was right after they cut back on overnight hot offerings property wide. I called the desk and all they could suggest was to get in the car and drive out into the real world.
Not once did they suggest walking over to Tubbie’s in the Dolphin and of course I didn’t remember it was open all night until 2 days later.
I made sure to complain about this, but all I got were blank stares, as if I should have been happy with a cold sandwich and a bowl of clam chowder from Y/B room service.

What was Tubbie’s Buffeteria is now Picabu, for those who are confused and I am talking about October 02.

>.Maybe Beaches and Cream “style” is a subtle way of saying “made in the same kitchen and carried out to the pool bar”?<<

Not sure, but that could be it.

>>all they could suggest was to get in the car and drive out into the real world.<<

Amazing!! And that’s how they put it too???

>>Not once did they suggest walking over to Tubbie’s in the Dolphin <<

It’s “Not Disney.” It’s Starwood. Probably fire a CM for that.

>>What was Tubbie’s Buffeteria is now Picabu, for those who are confused and I am talking about October 02.<<

Very nice place too. Lots of selections.

Also the Dolphin Fountain has soft serve if anyone is interested.
I LOVE Beaches & Cream, but no soft serve.
AND the Kimono staff have been the only group ON PROPERTY to remind me that the tip had been added when we used our Tables in Wonderland card. NO ONE had ever done that before.
Frank

We’ve been through Picabu since the change. Either we were at the Swan, or we were at the Yacht and needed late night food. This time I made sure to remember Dolphin had a 24 hour cafeteria.

I forget the exact verbiage that the CM used, but it was pretty darn close to what I said, I know that much. I don’t care if it is Starwood. Part of the service provided by hospitality CMs is telling guests that the hotel next door has hot food if your own kitchen is unable or unwilling to give that guest what they desire, within reason.
I don’t expect to be told that I need to take a hike out to SR 535 and Hotel Row so I can go to Denny’s or IHOP.