Whats too cold for water parks?

A little over 3 weeks out and wondering what is too cold for water parks…we want to go but I dont want it to be torture. I see the average for early March is like mid 70’s…that still seems a little cool, is the water heated at all. Just curious.

With you living in the south if it’s warm enough to swim at home it’s warm enough to swim there.
We’ve done BB in late Oct before and I have a picture with DD’s lip quivering. The parks weren’t heated then. If it’s before late April or after September now I pass on the water parks and stick to the resort pools. I’m sure those from the north feel different but it’s really all in what you’re used to.

I think you will be there when BB is closed and TL is open – that’s good news, because if there is a chill in the air, the last thing in the world you want to do is go hang out in water surrounded by icebergs.

We used to go a lot in Feb and only went to the water parks once. The year we got to the Y&BC and found out Stormalong Bay was closed. DD2 was still very young and started to cry when the cast member checking us in said it was closed. The poor lady was so upset she gave us free passes to the water park.

It was really warm that year, maybe in the high 70s with lots of sun and was plenty fine for swimming. If the weather gets below about 75 I don’t go in the water, spent enough time out in the cold that it is just not fun for me.

YMMV,
-H

As long as it is in the upper 70s you should be fine, unless it is windy.

We’ve had a lot of Disney holidays in Nov, Jan and Feb and I don’t think I was tempted even once to go swimming…

Me either—it has to be scorching hot before i even think about getting into the water—even if the water is heated…it’s the getting out or keeping your wet head warm that I don’t like…

Ditto. You will never catch me attempting a Polar Bear Dive. I hate to be cold. Once, at Kidani in June, my son and I enjoyed 95+ temps IN THE HOT TUB.

Warmer is better.

Ditto. You will never catch me attempting a Polar Bear Dive. I hate to be cold. Once, at Kidani in June, my son and I enjoyed 95+ daytime temps from teh comfort of THE HOT TUB.

Warmer is better.