What's your best and worst restaurant

I know this has been talked of before, but I think with each trip you sometimes change your mind.

So, if you have to have a best (or 2)- under the dining plan - what would it be?

and the one you feel everyone should avoid??? why?

The only restaurant we’ll never return to is Coral Reef. I wish I could give it another try but our whole experience was bad and there are too many other places to try.

I can only list one favorite? 'Ohana, Kona, Flying Fish, Le Cellier, Hoop Dee Doo…

Nine Dragons is my worst.
Oddly, either my first or second time at California Grill we had a terrible experience with the maitre’ d but I didn’t give up and it’s been very smooth sailing since. Perhaps because they know we’re multiple guests or maybe that I always stop to say hi to Yoshi, their head sushi chef.
I think last time we ate there, most of my meal was “off” menu. I know my sushi roll was!
Coral Reef is off my return list, but not due to bad service or food. I’m just not going back because, how can I say this politely, their most recent menus suck raw eggs.

Favorite: Olivia’s, Whispering Canyon, & Turf Club

Worst: Hollywood & Vine (wasn’t horrible horrible, just NOT good)

Best…toooo many to even list!

Worst…Akershaus (for dinner…food was eh) and probably Momma Melrose although I might eat there again…it’s been so long since we’ve been there and back then it was very Applebee’s.

Best…toooo many to even list!

Worst…Akershaus (for dinner…food was eh) and probably Momma Melrose although I might eat there again…it’s been so long since we’ve been there and back then it was very Applebee’s.

Our least favs:
Mexico-San Angels Inn (great place to eat, food was blech:blow:)
Norway- Akershaus for dinner…food was yucky, more so cuz it was stuff we just don’t eat-for breakfast it was good.
Whispering Canyon for breakfast was so so too. I have to try it for dinner, I’ve heard it’s better.

Our favs:
Ohana for breakfast
Wolfgang Pucks for dinner

My DDs love Garden Grill . . . they do have delicious veggies! :happy:

on the best side …really to many to list but I too did not like the coral reef …so many good restraraunts

Lots of favorites, or must do’s for us, Kona, Boma, Le Cellier, and Crystal Palace.

As far as worst, for us it was Rose and Crown ( and I always hate to say that since its a favorite of many, and of course, the Bella & the Dave story.) Or last trip to Mama Melrose was rough, but I know we’ll try it again.

The only meal we didn’t care for was Trails End breakfast buffet. Oh, and the pizza we had at Toy Story Pizza Planet . . . yuck. We’ve had okay to great experiences at every other restaurant. If I had to pick one place to eat it would probably be, um, Hoop de Doo or lunch at Biergarten. Or maybe Kona Cafe. (Okay, that’s three. :blush:)

There are too many good places to list, but we do like Crystal Palace, Whispering Canyon, and Tusker House.

Least favorites would be Olivias and Akershaus. Akershaus just didn’t have the type of food we enjoy (think bland fish) and Olivias has the worst service. We even went there more than once, hoping they were just having a bad day the first time. Nope, just extremely slow with unattentive waiters.

Oh! I forgot Sci Fi…we never go to Disney without eating there. Delic!

Best would be California Grill, although there are some close seconds (maybe Citricos).

I won’t say worst restaurant, but our worst experience was Mexico two years ago. Put us at a very poor table (not under the stars and by foot traffic), annoying server, and Mexican food not as good as I can get in at least 4-5 restaurants here in Baton Rouge. A prior experience there was good, so I don’t know.

Best: Narcoosees, Kona, Boma
Worst:? I’d say CRT for dinner the last couple of years (in 2005 it was Awesome!); my family did not like SciFi, but I did! (I got the shrimp!)

I have numerous favorites, but if I had to pick only 2, I would probably pick Kona and Le Cellier.
Least favorites: Garden Grill (2 visits and 2 completely different bad experiences) and Hollywood and Vine (Food has just gotten really bad over the past couple of years).

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;983182]The only restaurant we’ll never return to is Coral Reef. I wish I could give it another try but our whole experience was bad and there are too many other places to try.

I can only list one favorite? 'Ohana, Kona, Flying Fish, Le Cellier, Hoop Dee Doo…[/QUOTE]

Really?? I have ressies for lunch there in Sept. & had really high hopes that everyone would love it… bad food? Bad service? or both??:confused:

I haven’t eaten anywhere at WDW that I don’t like. The one restaurant that I go to every time I’m at WDW is the Beirgarten.

Both. My pasta dish was awful, I picked a few shrimp off but other than that I couldn’t eat it. I’m not picky but it was just gross. Our server wasn’t good either, he was not friendly and wanted our drink, appetizer, entree, and dessert order all at once. I hate that, if I’m paying over a hundred dollars for dinner I don’t want rushed service. I had also arranged a diver with a sign for my son and that didn’t happen even though I have double check it before we left on our trip.

My DH had a steak and he said it was fine. Coral reef gets mixed reviews, we just happened to hit a bad night. I always say go and try it with your family, you may love it. If nothing else, the atmosphere is awesome.

Our best experiences are Chefs de France, LeCellier, Flying Fish, Tokyo Dining (this is a new discovery) Turf Club and Olivia’s. All because we enjoy the food and the service.

Our “worst” experience was California Grill - it is the one restaurant we will never return to, no matter what the reviews are. We found it unbearably noisy, pretentious and the food - also pretentious - wasn’t half as good as the little “fusion” cafe we have at the end of our street, for a quarter of the price.

Personally, we don’t enjoy buffets too much and although I love the atmosphere of Ohana - I find the amount of food overwhelming and we don’t eat enough of it to make it worth our while.

Since everyone else is picking more then one I may as well join in on the fun…We love O’Hanna, Whispering Cannyon and LeCellier. All for very different reasons.

I will never return to Chefs de France or Hollywood and Vine for dinner. We found both to be gross with the exception of the bread and dessert at Chefs. The meal was awefull. Holloywood dinner is just bad! Really, really bad!