What's your favorite restaurant in all of WDW - and why?

From time to time I like to re-ask these questions, because I know everyone’s opinions are always changing. Especially since there are just so many options in Disney and we’re always in the process of trying new ones! :happy:

I’m going to ask it as a multiple part question, just for fun!

A. What is your favorite restaurant in all of WDW?

B. Why? (Memories, new traditions, special events, location…)

C. What is your favorite item to eat there?

D. Has your favorite changed recently (perhaps due to a recent trip?) If so, what was your previous favorite?

Okay guys, answer away! :biggrin:

Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles! Spoodles!

Spoodles was the first full service restaurant we ever ate at (back before the dining plan, we could only budget for CS). The food was good, and the atmosphere was wonderful–strolling the boardwalk late at night.

The appetizers are da bomb. I also love the seafood stew and maple creme burlee.

I do have to say that competing closing with Spoodles is Ohana.

My favorite is Crystal Palace because they have the best atmosphere. I love to eat breakfast there and we always make it a point to celebrate someone’s birthday. My top choice has recently changed: I used to have Chef Mickey at the top (which is now a close second) but having the opportunity to get an early ADR at CP and get some really great pictures on Main Street I just had to make the change.

:laugh: Hmmm…I think I coulda called THAT answer! :laugh:

I guess I can answer my own question too! :happy:

A. What is your favorite restaurant in all of WDW? Kona Cafe

B. Why? (Memories, new traditions, special events, location…) We had such an AMAZING meal there in February - literally the best steaks DH or I have ever eaten (and we are big steak eaters!), and everything about the meal was a great end to the trip. I think we will make it our “last hurrah” from now on!

C. What is your favorite item to eat there? I had the Beef Teriyaki - and I don’t think I will ever order anything else! It was UNBELIEVABLE! (Plus the Hawaiian sweet bread with macadamia nut butter was amazing too…mmm…)

D. Has your favorite changed recently (perhaps due to a recent trip?) If so, what was your previous favorite? Yep! It used to be 'Ohana, but my taste has changed over the years and Kona fits exactly what I love now. The atmosphere, food, everything. Though I will always hold a special place for 'Ohana in my heart too. :heart:

Kona is one of the most underrated of WDW restaurants, IMO. It gets lost in the Ohana hype, but I agree the food is fantastic.

I couldn’t agree more…it was literally the only ADR we were able to get for that night, and after eating there we were shocked that they hadn’t been booked! We will definitely eat there again, if not every trip from now on! We had really great service too.

I think most people probably could guess mine…but I’ll share anyways!

Rose and Crown

A lot of reasons actually. Our first trip together when we were dating Dave and I knew nothing of Table Services places…by the time our next trip had rolled around I had joined DisneyCentral and was wise to the TS game. I made PS’s at Ohana, Chef Mickeys…and I threw in R and C because Dave liked beer. It turns out it was our favorite meal of the trip mostly because of the food and service and getting to sit right on the water and watching Illuminations. We ate there every time from then on and then on our two year dating anniversary we went ate there. After Illuminations The Dave proposed right there in the middle of the restaurant. All the waiters and waitresses came around us and sang All You Need is Love and a year and a half later we danced to that song at our wedding. And we still eat there every trip…no matter what.

Steak and Fish and the Potato and Leek Soup…could possibly rival the great Canadian Cheese Soup in my opinion.

D. Has your favorite changed recently (perhaps due to a recent trip?) If so, what was your previous favorite?

Nope! I have a lot of others that I really love but RnC will always be my number one. Even if the food turns to crap.

There are just way too many really good restaurants to limit it to one. With so many different tastes out there, I have to do a little bit of a list. This list is strictly taste, not atmosphere.

Steak - Artist Point Buffalo Steak at the Wilderness Lodge, Mushroom Filet Mignon at LeCellier (Victoria and Albert’s when Kobe Beef is on the menu).

Pasta - Il Mulino in DTD

Spicy - Jiko at AKL

Breakfast - O’hana at the Polynesian for a set menu, Crystal Palace for the buffet.

Seafood - This one is tough, but, I have to go with Narcoossee’s.

Poultry - Chefs de France

Unique - Restaurant Marakesh Epcot, Raglan Road DTD and California Grill Contemporary

Hey, Cavey do you like Spoodles??? Actually you have helped persuade me to make adr’s for Spoodles in Sept. I figure if you are so passionate about it I must try it! We are trying Kona for the first time too!

Now for my favorite as of right now: this is tough for me.
A. I love Cali Grill for the food but for the ultimate experience I have to go with either Coral Reef or Whispering Canyon.

B. At Coral Reef last November I arranged for a diver for my sisters birthday. My nephew was in on the secret and when the diver hit the water he was jumping out of his skin he was so excited. When the diver put the banner against the window my sister actually read Happy Birthday Bev aloud and then said oh that’s me! It was great and the food was very good also.

At Whispering Canyon during the same trip we decided that my Aunt needed to get the half gallon of coke. (she had never been to Whispering Canyon) After the waitress set our drinks down and walked off we grabbed my aunts drink and passed it around until it was all gone. Then we sat the glass back in front of her. I think she thought we had all gone crazy, but when the waitress came back and she was presented the jar of Coke her expression was priceless.

C. At Coral Reef I love the Crab Legs and for dessert the Chocolate Wave
At Whipering Canyon I always get the skillet and the Cheesecake!

D. Always subject to change as I try new places!

Oh yum, all this talk of food is making me really hungry! :biggrin: :laugh:

My favorite in all of WDW would have to be a tie between between Crystal Palace and Ohanas. At crystal palace I love the food and Ohanas I love the shrimp and atmosphere.:cheshire:

Oh Bella, without threadjacking (sorry) that is just one of the nicest, romantic stories I have heard- just beautiful! no wonder you love R&C so much!!

Momma Melrose (DD will say Crystal Palace)

We got every trip (DD will say the same about CP…lol)

Spicey Sausage dish!!!:wub: (DD will say cheese pototates)

no (no)

Coral Reef in EPCOT

I think it’s one of the most unique dining experiences in WDW, the sheer size & beauty of the observation tank is amazing. I also got to see SCUBA Mickey in there which was awesome, & they did a BEAUTIFUL personalized menu for Daniel & I last November. I also love their drinks & desserts especially.

I always get the steak which is never disspointing, I love the sauce they put over the asparagus & it’s always cooked perfectly. Also I absolutely :heart: the “chocolate wave” dessert.

Coral reef has been a favorite of mine for a couple years. I WILL say that “Turf Club” in SSR, and my love for Boma is slowly sneaking up on it though

I COMPLETELY agree, the Beef Teriyaki at Kona is AWESOME!! That’s what I had last November there and if I go back I’m ordering it again! :happy:

You aren’t kidding about the appetizers at Spoodles! I could go there & eat just appetizers they are so good!

Will I get in trouble if I do Disneyland? :blush: You guys know I am SO excited to go next month! OK, I’m gonna do it anyway. :laugh:

A. What is your favorite restaurant in all of [edit] Disneyland?
Storyteller’s Cafe in the Grand Californian

I never really knew about Storyteller’s until I went during the 50th with my Dad. He asked me about the restaurant and since I had no clue about it we decided to try it for breakfast & it’s been a favorite ever since. It’s a GORGEOUS environment with engraved wood, fireplaces, and a warm atmosphere. The food is SO California fresh & healthy. I actually feel good when I walk out the door. Delicious!

EVERYTHING, you literally can’t go wrong. The freshness is impressive!

Yeah, it became a favorite in 2006! My favorite USED to be Blue Bayou, which is gorgeous, but the food was always kinda blah after a couple trips.

You are a wise person!:happy: