When are star wars weekends?

Looking to go down in June. Can anyone tell me when the Star War Weekend is scheduled. I want to avoid this if possible. I am not really a fan and figure it will be wild crazy with everyone else who is a fan.

Don’t know the exact dates, but we were there on one of the Star Wars weekends, and it wasn’t bad at all crowd wise. There were different venues set up throughout the park, and would get a little crowded to pass by, but as a whole, it wasn’t crazy bad.

Hollywood Studios is where you see the crowds, but the other parks don’t seem to be as impacted by it. Allears net usually lists the dates and who is scheduled to appear once they are announced. But in the past it has been 3 weekends in June.

Last year it was last 2 in May and first 2 in Jume.

It’s fun for Star Wars fans but really not that much of a big deal if you aren’t. (Of course, we will wonder if you need help or not!) No more crowded than any other park - and the good thing is less HS musical parades. :laugh:

I wouldn’t let it change my trip dates because it.

[QUOTE=rlcarmichael;1010908]Last year it was last 2 in May and first 2 in Jume.

It’s fun for Star Wars fans but really not that much of a big deal if you aren’t. (Of course, we will wonder if you need help or not!) No more crowded than any other park - and the good thing is less HS musical parades. :laugh:

I wouldn’t let it change my trip dates because it.[/QUOTE]

Oh gosh, I forgot about May last year.

And, haha about the HS musical parades:ph34r:

Here they are!

Star Wars Weekends 2010 dates have been confirmed! The annual event, held at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, will be:
– May 21 – 23
– May 28 – 30
– June 4 – 6
– June 11 – 13

i’m not a star wars fan but my dh is a star wars nerd. it was actually so much fun, we went twice!!! the crowds really weren’t bad. we waited maybe a half hour to meet darth vader!

Darth has gone over to the GRAY side. :eek:

Of course the orginal SW movies were 30 years ago! It’s amazing how good they were when you look at the special effects back then.

The parades were pretty neat, especially when you consider that most of the people in them are SW fans. Some of the costumes are just outstanding!

And the story line is such that it still appeals to kids today AND their grandparents. How many other movies can you take 3 generations to and everybody enjoy it?