When are the resorts decorated for Christmas

I especially am interested if the Gingerbread house will be up in the Grand Floridian for my trip Nov 13-19

you will see the gingerbread house, Sue, most everything will be ready for your viewing pleasure :biggrin:

I thought they didn’t decorate until the day after Thanksgiving? Or is that just in the parks? :confused:

~ Pam

46 Days till my First-ever Christmas Season trip :snowman:, at CBR with Free Dining!

It happened on our Thanksgiving visit one year (I don’t remember if we arrived well before Thanksgiving or stayed awhile afterward… but it seemed to happen OVERNIGHT! Wow, explain that!

[QUOTE=Sungold;1000754]I thought they didn’t decorate until the day after Thanksgiving? Or is that just in the parks? :confused:

~ Pam

46 Days till my First-ever Christmas Season trip :snowman:, at CBR with Free Dining![/QUOTE]

The Osborne lights and Mickey’s Christmas party start on Nov 10., so I’m guessing most everything will be up. I think the Candlelight Processional doesn’t start until Thanksgiving.

Sue299, we have never seen the gingerbread house either. That’s one of the reasons we are trying the GF Cafe. We will get to disney about noon but not doing the parks that day. So we are going to head over to the GF early, look around and then have an early dinner.

[QUOTE=Sungold;1000754]I thought they didn’t decorate until the day after Thanksgiving? Or is that just in the parks? :confused:

~ Pam

46 Days till my First-ever Christmas Season trip :snowman:, at CBR with Free Dining![/QUOTE]

We always go in the early to mid part of November, flying home Tuesday before thanksgiving and the gingerbread house is there and up and running by then. I know, I have paid too much for what they sell in there :wink:
The parks are ready as well, they have a Christmas party starting November 11th. The Osborne Lights are going as well, so that means the parks have to be decorated too.
This past January was the first time I saw WDW without Christmas stuff :cool:

Thanks Dopey… I can’t wait to see it, and I’m sure I’ll spend more than I should too.

I know when we went over Nov 11 in 2007 POP had all Christmas decorations and trees up as well as all the parks had trees up, just Epcot countries didn’t have everything up

[QUOTE=sue299;1000810]Thanks Dopey… I can’t wait to see it, and I’m sure I’ll spend more than I should too.

I know when we went over Nov 11 in 2007 POP had all Christmas decorations and trees up as well as all the parks had trees up, just Epcot countries didn’t have everything up[/QUOTE]

I think you’re right about the Epcot thing. They had that sparkly “tunnel” between future wold and world showcase going but not much else, although, let me dig in my photo album that same year. We were there the exact same time as you…

Oh I love Germany at Christmas!! The pics are great! Oh I just can’t wait! 39 days…

I’m going t go out on a limb and say they decorated for Christmas around Christmas time.

If they were anything like the stores here in PA, the Halloween has been pushed to the side, crammed in a corner if you will, and all the Christmas stuff is up and ready!! sickening.

As usual, pretty spot on there Boss

What about the All-Star Resorts they will be decorated for Christmas because we are going to the All-Star Movies in the November 13-15! I hope it’s there!

[QUOTE=jo-jo;1000760]The Osborne lights and Mickey’s Christmas party start on Nov 10., so I’m guessing most everything will be up. I think the Candlelight Processional doesn’t start until Thanksgiving.

The Christmas Processional starts on Nov. 27th