When did it all start with you?

My Disneyitis all started when I was a young boy, fresh out of the tub and in pajamas. I would sit in front of the tv on Sunday night and watch Tinkerbell fly around with pixie dust and start the Wonderful World of Disney.
I loved it and when I went to the parks with my parents it was indeed another world.
When did it start for you?

We visited the first full summer WDW was open. Talk about changes taking place over time.

Surprisingly enough I wasn’t a big Disney tv/movie watcher before our first trip. Then again I was about 5 years old when we first went so I wasn’t watching a lot of TV anyway. It DEFINATELY started for me during that first trip, I was OBSESSED after that. I’d watch Mousercise, talk about our trip, draw pictures at school, etc. I am telling you that the BEST thing my Grandma/Grandpa ever did was buy that RV. :laugh: 'Cause after that we started going twice a year & I was sold!! :smile:

My parents took me to WDW when I was ten months old. I don’t remember, but I’m guessing it was love at first sight all the same. : )

I was raised on Disney. I suppose it’s just natural to love it.

Now, I realized I had an absolute passion for Disney when I was nine years old. We lived in central Florida, and had APs to WDW. I loved to go there and plan out our day and just have fun. It was then that I decided that I wanted to help make the magic happen - by becoming a Walt Disney Imagineer. Nine years later, it’s still my goal. :happy:

Very good friends of ours Son was going through brain cancer. They went to Disney with Make a Wish. When they got back, their Son said he wanted to go again, but with us also (my ds is the same age as he). So in 2002, when he was strong enough, we went with them. This started the magic, seeing everything cm’s would do for their Son. I’ve gone every year since, and plan on continuing always. (By the way, he’s gone against all odds, and is doing good.)

The first time I went to WDW was in 92. My mommom took my sister and I when I was in 5th grade. After than I went in 2001 when Ed and I married and I’ve (not us) been hooked ever since with at least 1 trip a year if not more.

Was too young to remember alot from my parents taking me in 1974 but what captured me was seeing the castle done up in all that gold trim with the characters placed all around the spires in 2006. I turned the corner and looked at that castle and I felt like I was 10 years old again! Another reason was that over the years I was very jaded about going places only to have a big let down and not have it meet all the hype. Not here, everything the past 4 years has been beyond belief. Plus the 14 year old daughter still loves coming here with her ever increasingly embarassing parents. Got to love that. Oh, the pin trading also.

That’s really amazing! I’m so glad to hear that!

I grew up watching uncle Walt on TV and my first trip was shortly after EPCOT opened

[QUOTE=yohoho;956884]My Disneyitis all started when I was a young boy, fresh out of the tub and in pajamas. I would sit in front of the tv on Sunday night and watch Tinkerbell fly around with pixie dust and start the Wonderful World of Disney.
I loved it and when I went to the parks with my parents it was indeed another world.[/QUOTE]

Wow my story is a lot like yours. Watching the Wonderful World of Disney Sunday evenings; it was bedtime after the fireworks. When I was about 7 my parents took me to WDW for the first time and I really felt there was something special about everything. I have been hooked every since.

We were late bloomers! We were not big Disney movie fans(still, not so much) but we took our kids for the first time in Oct 2005 to WDW and that was it, we were hooked! The second day of our first trip, we bought into DVC! We went 3 times that year alone. The feeling I get from being there with my family is unmatched. The only down side to this addiction is the waiting until the next trip. To the people who “don’t get it” I feel sorry because they are really missing out on the magic!

Bethishooked, that is terrific. I hope he continues to go for years and years.
Daydreamer, you’re right our stories are alike. It’s people like you and the others on this board that make trips to WDW great because we’re all there for the same reason, to have great fun and make happy memories.

I know for me, it was in October 2000. Prezcatz and I were living in Phoenix, but we knew it was only a short while before we’d have to move again. We wanted to see all we could while we were on the West coast. LA was only a 4-hour drive, so we decided to go, and while we were there, we might as well visit Disneyland. Instant enchantment! We were there from park open to park close - they practically had to kick us out! We loved it. (Sadly, we haven’t been back to DL since.)

In April 2005, we took our oldest DD to WDW and had the same experience, only on a week-long, grander scale. There is no place else on earth that makes me so happy, so glad to live in the moment, so at peace with it all.

I’m so glad our kids are taking after us, and becoming Disney-obsessed, as well!