When do resorts decorate for Christmas?

Hi,

My wife and I were on our treadmill and elliptical this am watching our video of Christmas @ Disney. We were wondering when do resorts decorate for Christmas?

Frank

I don’t know for sure, but I would think around Thanksgiving

You know… I’m not positive either, but I watched a show on this and it seems that they decorate in ONE evening at least the MK, but I am not sure on the date…

Though, I’m sure more of the experts will have this information…

In the past, it was right after Thanksgiving that they started, and done within a few days. It is like magic… there is nothing there, then presto it is done. The same for when things come down right after New Years.

>> I’m not positive either, but I watched a show on this and it seems that they decorate in ONE evening at least the MK, but I am not sure on the date…<,

We’ve been at Disney for Thanksgiving and the resorts were already decorated. I’ve heard that after the parks close on the Sunday after Thanksgiving, they transform the parks. I just didn’t know when they did the resorts.

Well, I just called the Beach Club and was told that they are “starting on it now and it will be done by Thanksgiving!” I guess that’s the answer<g>.

Frank

When I left on 11/8 the Xmas tree at the Studios was up and the tree at Epcot was up. They start earlier every year. But then Thanksgiving is the earliest it can ever be this year.

>>When I left on 11/8 the Xmas tree at the Studios was up and the tree at Epcot was up. They start earlier every year. But then Thanksgiving is the earliest it can ever be this year.<<

Up and on???

Frank

I’ve seen pictures of this year’s Epcot tree all lit up.

Two years ago we were at WDW from 10/28 t0 11/5. Right after Halloween on 11/1, the Christmas merchandise was out and we noticed bits of Christmas decorations going up.

I go every year the first week of November (except this year!) and they start decorating at each park as soon as Nov. 1st!!!

The first year we went in 2004 we were there until Nov. 6th and they had just started right before we left, now every year we go it seems that start decorating sooner! I guess they make an early start since they have so much to do!
Every year we have been lucky to see the Osborne lights @ MGM! :happy:

I go every year the week before Thanksgiving and the week of Thanksgiving and the decorations are always definately up by Thanksgiving day…

I always though the decorating started shortly after Halloween.

I was there the day after Thanksgiving last year and everything was completely decked out. We are leaving this Friday to go so I’ll be curious to see if everything is already decorated or not. I believe the Osbourne Lights have already started so I am sure everything else comes soon after.

I think they start around the end of October.I love Christmas in Walt Disney World.

I have a friend there now and some of the decorations are up but not all.

My DH and i usually go every year Nov 15 or 16 and the decorations are up by then. And everyday something new was up. Actually last year we got to the resort at 1 am and they were putting up the decorations it was really neat to see that then wake up and it was all done!

The first MVMCP is this week so I would think the MK should be fully decorated by now.

YES, the lights were on!

If the parks are all decorated by Thanksgiving, what about the Hotels?? We are staying at AKL right around Thanksgiving and wanted to see the decoratrions at the hotels and DTD. Will these be up as well??

I believe everything is decorated by Thankgiving day.