When do the parks switch to Holiday decor?

We’re going to be there the week of Thanksgiving, but we return home the Saturday after Thanksgiving. :mellow: Will we have a chance to see any holiday decorations?? (we went in Dec 2000 & participated in MVMCP … it was awesome!) :wub:

(oops, I just realized this is a PARK question in the RESORT threads… sorry! you can move it if you want to) can’t tell I’m a newbie, can ya? I’ll go hide now … lol

They’ll all be up when you’re there. I believe they start putting the decorations up early in November. They’ve already started putting the Osbourn lights up in MGM. Beautiful time to go.

It should all be in place by Friday morning after Thanksgiving.

You’re good to go – everything will be up in holiday style. :happy:

Welcome to MouseBuzz!

Thank ya! :flowers:

We’re so excited to be going back again :tinytree: … we would go annually if we could. It might start happening in a couple years. :wink: :biggrin:

You’re welcome.

So say we all.

In the case of the Magic Kingdom, they start the Mickey’s Christmas Party on November 12, so, a good deal of the Christmas stuff should even be up by then.

What?! The VMCP starts in November? I have to check this out! We’d love to do it again!

Hi Pamzee!!
Welcome to Mousebuzz!! Best Disney info ever!!
We go to WDW every Thanksgiving and we will be there the week of Thanksgiving. It is so magcally and elves come out each night and add more decorations depending on where you are. Please check out the Candlelight Processional at Epcot. It really gets me in the mood for Christmas andwhat we are celebrating. Holidays Around the World is awesome too!!
Where are you guys staying? The resorts do a great job of decorating. We like to visit the different ones and check out the decorations like the life size gingerbread house!! Yum-O!!
:ohmy:

We’re having Thanksgiving dinner at a cast members home (old friends), but earlier in the day we’re taking time away from the parks & will be lobby hopping. We’ve only seen the G.Floridian & Contemporary before, no others! We never saw the big gingerbread house before though, only on Food Network.:tongue: Can u tell I’m just a little excited?

Last year we went for Halloween to MNSSHP on the 31st . . . and Magically, between us leaving the park around 12:30 and returning the next day at 10 . . . all the Halloween was gone, and they were putting up the Xmas decorations!! :huh:

Well, according to disney online, MVMCP isn’t on during the week of Thanksgiving (not until the Sat. night after). So, we’ll miss it. That’s alright, we’re just happy to be there, period!:cool:

Here are the dates: November 12, 15, 16, 25, 27, 29, 30; December 2, 4, 6, 7, 9, 11, 13, 14, 16, 18, 20, 21, 2007

Welcome back to DC! Looks like you joined some time ago! I’m glad you found us again and we’re glad you’re here!

Welcome back to DC! Looks like you joined some time ago! I’m glad you found us again and we’re glad you’re here![/QUOTE]

Thanks, I did join awhile back in 03, but life just took over. Now that I’m planning our next vacay, I’m so glad to find this again! :flowers: