When do you think the Christmas parade will be taped?

Do they always tape the first weekend in Dec?

Do they even tape the Christmas parade anymore? It used to be shown every Christmas Morning here on ABC but has not been broadcast in our area for a number of years now.

We were talking about this last Christmas, and just assumed they quit taping it. —same with Easter—that’s never shown anymore either.

My guess is December 1st and 2nd.

But yes, they still tape the Christmas parade. It airs on ABC, but I guess whether or not it shows depends on your local channel.

[QUOTE=smallworld;1112039]Do they even tape the Christmas parade anymore? It used to be shown every Christmas Morning here on ABC but has not been broadcast in our area for a number of years now.

We were talking about this last Christmas, and just assumed they quit taping it. —same with Easter—that’s never shown anymore either.[/QUOTE]

We still get the parade on ABC Christmas morning, I think it starts about 11 am.

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;1112040]My guess is December 1st and 2nd.

.[/QUOTE]

That’s what I was thinking but hoping I would be wrong. PluslLast yr they also taped on friday. My 180 window opens up in a few days and just thinking about any meals at MK and which park we want to be in.

This past years whole parade show was nothing but a long winded Disney vacation commercial. I turned it off after 30 minutes.

I agree with Victorias guess and I would avoid WDW like the plague that day!

[QUOTE=smallworld;1112039]Do they even tape the Christmas parade anymore? It used to be shown every Christmas Morning here on ABC but has not been broadcast in our area for a number of years now.

We were talking about this last Christmas, and just assumed they quit taping it. —same with Easter—that’s never shown anymore either.[/QUOTE]

Yes they still tape and yes, ABC still broadcasts at Noon on Christmas Day.
Network affiliates can opt out of broadcasting, same as any other network programming. The owend and operated stations are a different matter.

The taping is usually the second weekend of December, or the first full weekend of December, whichever is later. This year should be the weekend of 12/8-9/12.

This year’s broadcast should have been hosted by Hoover and Electrolux, that’s how bad it sucked. Plus they jam both the east and west coast parades in, along with celebrity musical performances that aren’t part of the parades.

Well…it looks lie I’m not missing much by not seeing it anymore…

I am kinda glad that I’ll miss it, I don’t think I could handle Cheerleaders and the parade crowd.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1112087]

The taping is usually the second weekend of December, or the first full weekend of December, whichever is later. This year should be the weekend of 12/8-9/12.[/QUOTE]

Last yr it was taped on Dec 2.3 and 4. I was surprised to see signs about Friday. I was hoping things would change this yr.

As side from Main Street being a mess, it didn’t change much in the parks. You were brought behind the stores and came out by the tomorrowland terrance in the morning.

We had the same experience with the crowds. Not much change to the crowd levels in the park except for main street. I used to be so niave about the parade in thinking it really was LIVE. Then while on vacation one year we got caught up in the parade commotion. We were routed back behind all the main street buildings and ended up in Tomorrowland. And of course that was the time we were supposed to have breakfast at the Bakery. I also thought that groups actually wore the same T-shirts to get on camera, but Disney handed them out. Taping the same 30 foot segment of the parade over…and over…and over. Glad I was not that persistent in being part of the parade crowd at any time.

I’ve read reports of people who did the taping and went crazy.:laugh: Listening to the same 5 lines of a song over and over and over. :blink::blink:

Really… I would rather see the parade on TV

And people think that movies and TV are so glamorous.
They don’t realize why we call it going to work.:laugh:

I could tell you nightmare stories about every episode of The Cindy Margolis Show, which was “taped live” with multiple retakes.