When is the best time for DisneyLand

Hello fellow disneycentralers,

I am sure this question gets asked alot but
after being at DL for Christmas and being somewhat
surprised by the amount of people at the parks.
When is the least busy time at DL?
Thanks…

The crowds usually die down after the New Year holiday and don’t tend to get big until Pres. weekend(maybe) or for Spring break.

Whenever there is not a school vacation! Summers and Christmas break seem to be the busiest. Also President’s week in February and most of April (Spring break) are crazy. We were there the week before Christmas break and the week days were great. We had no problem doing rides multiple times and seeing all the shows. The only drawback in my mind was that it isn’t very warm in December!

I’ve always liked going in May and early June because you generally get really nice weather. September after school starts is also usually slower and it is hot! Weekends will probably be busy regardless of the time of year, but DCA is never as bad as DL!

I went in January one year and it was DEAD…we rode al lthe e-ticket rides (Spl. Mtn. BTMRR, etc.) 4 or 5 times in a row - without getting off! There were only ever 3 or 4 people in line so they just let us stay on. :mickey: That was at the end of january.
I also went early may last yeah (before the 5th :wink: ) and it was super dead too, both are great times to go.

For me I have had pretty good luck avoiding the crowds. :wink:

*I avoid the summer break season. (Early June - early Sep)
*I avoid the spring break season. (Late March - April)
*I avoid the Christmas break season. (Late Dec - early Jan)
*I avoid all of the holidays that result in people being out of school/work.
*I will also tend to avoid other holidays since they can attract larger crowds too.
*And finally, I expect most weekends to be crowded anyways…

What that leaves for me is most of January, most of February, part of March, not much of April(avoiding Easter weekend in March/April too), most of May, most of September (after school is back in), nearly all of October (Halloween can be busy), most of November (avoiding Thanksgiving week and weekend) and early to mid December (before schools let kids out).

My personal favorite time to go is early December. The holiday decor is up and almost all the rides tend to be up in preperation for the full swing holiday vacations. :biggrin:

I have found the best months are from mid January - Mid March and from Late September - Early November…those usually seem like the less crowded months to me.

sooo with that being said Anaheim Boy, it should pretty slow when we’re planning to go Oct. 2-6, 2006? Does anyone know if the schools in the surrounding areas have a break or time off during that time???

One other thing to consider when you are planning your trip is ride closures and refurbishments.

If there are certain rides that you totally love then you may want to take a second look at certain times of the year or plan accordingly. There isn’t always a pattern for when this ride or that ride will be down, but for some there is…

The sad part about the less crowded part of the year is that those are the times where more rides are likely to be closed. :sad: :pinch:

Here is just a quick run down of what can be expected in the foreseeable future:

Disneyland
Snow White, An Enchanted Musical closed. On hiatus during off season; expected to return for final season in summer 2006.

it’s a small world closed January 4 – 18, 2006, to remove holiday overlay.

Haunted Mansion closes January 18 – March 9 for removal of the Nightmare Before Christmas overlay and more extensive refurbishments.

Pirates of the Caribbean closed March 6 – June 16, 2006 for major refurbishment and show updates.

Blue Bayou Restaurant closed March 6 – June 16, 2006 for the duration of the Pirates of the Caribbean closure. :crying:

Disneyland Monorail goes into shuttle mode (one way trips only) January 2006. Complete closure for station redesign will not happen until later in 2006.

Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage is currently under construction and will open sometime in 2007.

Disney’s California Adventure
Disney’s Electrical Parade on hiatus for the off season, except for a two-week run starting December 16.

Monsters, Inc.: Mike and Sully to the Rescue is currently in soft opening and will officially open January 22.

Redwood Creek Challenge Trail closed January 3 – February 28, 2006, for major refurbishment.

thanks goof father for the timetable on whats closed! it looks like we’ll be there at the perfect time. mid feb!

Yeah, anytime children ARE IN SCHOOL is the best. If you are able to go then, you’re golden. Especially if it’s weekdays while children are in school. Unfortunately I don’t have that luxury b/c I am a teacher but man I MISS those days of being able to go to WDW while all the kidlets were in school.

I have gone a couple of times when Pirates of the Caribbean has been down… :sad: That is one of my faves though, so I try to plan around that now! :happy:

From what I have heard, now is a great time. Hardly any lines, and just a few things are closed.

Now is a great time…except for weekends! :eek:

I wanna go back already… :sad: Heck, I’ll even go on the weekend! :tongue:

Glutton for punishment :tongue: Okay…but you can’t say I didn’t warn ya! :happy: