When is the best time to go?

Im double guessing myself on the dates. I had 2-7 2-14 in mind and then 3-7-3-14 or 3-14(mybday_ till the next sat… Which do ya all think!!!

Even though going for your birthday would be a lot of fun, I think crowds will smaller and your room will be chaper if you go in February. March and April get kind of funny because spring break starts for some people.

If I were you, I would do February.

[QUOTE=johnkimv;850612]Even though going for your birthday would be a lot of fun, I think crowds will smaller and your room will be chaper if you go in February. March and April get kind of funny because spring break starts for some people.

If I were you, I would do February.[/QUOTE]

Thats what I was thinking too. I can still say Im there to celebrate my bday. When I went last FEb I told them that and it was AWESOME!!

I think it will be awesome to celebrate your bday in WDW! However, avoid President’s week. CROWDED! (although not nearly as crowded as July or August :cool:)

I think 2/13/09-2/16/09 is President’s weekend.So I would try to advoid 2/7/09-2/14/09.

I too would avoid the holiday weekend.

Yes, avoid that presidents week.
We were there that week many years ago with 2 and 3 hour waits for the main attractions.

Our family went to WDW to celebrate my daughter’s birthday. It was fantastic. Her DH bought her a ‘birthday cake hat’ that lit up. The CM’s would sing Happy Birthday or have the whole line singing to her. All of us had the best time. If you have never been on your birthday, I say … do it!

What are crowds like in October around last week. I was at Free Dining the last 2 septembers not bad the first frew days then crazy the last 3.

We were at WDW from 2/6-2/13 this year and it was the perfect time to go! Crowds were generally light (picked up a bit on Friday and Saturday), weather was warm (Heaven after leaving behind the snow covered world that is Western NY in Winter), and it was still value season! President’s Day is usually more towards the end of February so your dates should be fine. I would definitely go in February again!

February is HORRIBLE.

One reason why–cheerleaders. Others on this board can attest to these unsupervised, I’m-better-than-you-and-the-rules-don’t-apply-to-me starlets from Miss popular school.

Just imagine riding through PotC, but instead of the soundtrack, all you hear is CM announcements, like “Remain seated in your boats” and “Stop splashing each others” for most of the ride. And that was just one ride in a week of cheerleading hades. If there’s any kind of line, you can be sure a crowd of 20 cheerleaders will cut in ahead of you, because 1 of their number is up a head.

Trust me, avoid early February. Go in mid-January, about a week after the holidays, and you’ll find the parks nearly empty, AND cheerleader free.

Fourteen years ago we went for our honeymoon in late October/early November and never had an issue with crowds. When you see the same folks all day…you know its not crowded!

Since then on any vists we have gone in September or October and again…never experienced much in crowds. We did get to meet Hurricane Jeannie up close and personal a few years ago…closer than we wanted to.

We were stuck in our room at Pop for 26 hours and our daughter went from crawling to running during that time. WDW and POP CENTURY did the best they could to make things comfy for as soon as it was safe to go out of doors their were Characters around at the Resort and the clean-up crews were out and about tidying up.

[QUOTE=Cavey;851005]February is HORRIBLE.

One reason why–cheerleaders. Others on this board can attest to these unsupervised, I’m-better-than-you-and-the-rules-don’t-apply-to-me starlets from Miss popular school.

Just imagine riding through PotC, but instead of the soundtrack, all you hear is CM announcements, like “Remain seated in your boats” and “Stop splashing each others” for most of the ride. And that was just one ride in a week of cheerleading hades. If there’s any kind of line, you can be sure a crowd of 20 cheerleaders will cut in ahead of you, because 1 of their number is up a head.

Trust me, avoid early February. Go in mid-January, about a week after the holidays, and you’ll find the parks nearly empty, AND cheerleader free.[/QUOTE]
What about the week of MLKJ day?

[QUOTE=Cavey;851005]February is HORRIBLE.

Trust me, avoid early February. Go in mid-January, about a week after the holidays, and you’ll find the parks nearly empty, AND cheerleader free.[/QUOTE]

OMGosh! When are they there exactly? I’m going in Feb…:eek:

(I use to be one of snobby little TooCoolForSchool starlets):blush:

early march shouldn’t be bad this year, as with Easter being later in April

Wish it was with me…

We went in February this year and it was great. The parks were crowded but we never waited in line for more than 10 minutes on most rides. It was great. That was on the weekend also. I would highly recommend it. March will be much more crowded with all the spring breakers.

February is comfortable as far as weather. It can get cold in the evening but not every night. You just have to be prepared for any kind of temperatures. As far as crowds, the earlier in february the better, we went Feb 10-17, 2007 and the 2nd half of our trip got pretty crowded because it was too close to the holiday weekend. And they are right about the cheerleaders. No offense to those involved in cheerleading. It isn’t an individual problem as much as when they are in packs. They for some reason think we all will be impressed to hear their cheers.

But I found the way to shut down the clapping and cheer routines almost as immediately as it starts. Just join in. I found they rather not cheer at all rather than let a middle aged father of 4 join in. I had my kids, my neice and nephew with me and it totally embarrased the girls, but the boys got a laugh of me clapping and cheering.

Early December is my favorite time to go. The Christmas decorations are a must see and the temperature is great. The crowds are best the first week of December I hear. Although we have only made it twice the 2nd week and it is still not so bad during that time.

I am about to find out how good or bad September is. This being a difficult hurricane season I am not sure how it will be. I have heard during a bad hurricane season, florida residents all go to Disney world because they are so well equipped to handle hurricanes. So it could be quite crowded. Not to mention the free dining special having made the month more popular.