When is the new fastpass+ and magic rolling out?

I asked guest relation if the fastpast+ and magicband will be available soon.
This is the answer I got.
my kids are hoping that it will be ready by March,they want the MagicBand. :blink:

Currently, all these great things you have been reading about is still
in Test Stage.

Once testing is complete, it will be rolled out in segments to our
different Disney resort hotel guests.

The current scheduled completion of this process is the end of this
year, 2013.

We look forward to seeing you Real Soon!

Sincerely,

Bart Maggio
WDW Online Communications

PLEASE NOTE: All information is subject to change without notice and
should be confirmed just prior to your visit.

How simply SHOCKING that you got the standard Disney non-answer. :blink:

Hope it works out for you! My completely uneducated guess would be that the values would be the last to get it… but I have no idea.

You know, I don’t think I agree with all aspects of the program (like online FPs etc.), but I do like the parts of hte program that are just like room keycards (like scanning it as your park pass, etc.)

But I agree with your kids!

If it’s offered, I sure as heck want it!

I would be really bummed out to be the first in line at HS and the fastest person to get to the FP station at TSM, only to find that other people had snapped up all the FPs for the day while I was sleeping!

[QUOTE=MissDisney;1129361]You know, I don’t think I agree with all aspects of the program (like online FPs etc.), but I do like the parts of hte program that are just like room keycards (like scanning it as your park pass, etc.)

But I agree with your kids!

If it’s offered, I sure as heck want it!

I would be really bummed out to be the first in line at HS and the fastest person to get to the FP station at TSM, only to find that other people had snapped up all the FPs for the day while I was sleeping![/QUOTE]

I had the pleasure of speaking with someone who was helping to train the CMs at Saratoga Springs while I was there and gave her this feedback on the Fast Pass issue. She told me that was a test to see how it would work out. I told her my thoughts and shared the thought of this group. Not sure if it will hold any water, but at least we have been heard.

Way to go! I am sure they appreciate the heads up on how it’s going over with the public. Probably helps them tailor the project well in advance of the official rollout so it’s the best fit possible.!

Good for you Dana! I’m still very leery of this whole thing - but I’ll take a wait and see attitude - if it does turn out that we’ll be battling online fastpass situations, then I think our Disney days will be numbered.

She looked at me like I had two heads when I told her the feedback from the people who were there during the December test was that the FPes were almost exhausted at 8am on a EMH for TSM. She spent a good 45 minutes with me asking me a pooh-load of questions.

That would annoy me. There is something magical about going to an extra magic morning and getting those FPes and riding all the good rides. I am also trying to not be the chicken with the sky falling and waiting for a final product before I start getting miffed.

I’m trying not to think about it too…we just don’t plan out our days ahead…so…we would be the ones who would never get on anything that has a FP…if we had to plan ahead online…:crying:

I agree. I mean, what’s the point of an EMH if when you get there the lines are already long an FP’s are pretty much gone. Oh yeah, there isn’t one so no reason to use that perk then.

Dana, I am so glad she asked so many questions, and even gladder (is that a word??? LOL) that you took time to give her answers!

I am definitely happy that she was interested in what I had to say. She started asking me questions when she found out what I did for a living through hearing me talk to the concierge cast member. She insinuated herself into our conversation to get my feedback on what I thought it would be like to deal with on my end…instead she got feedback of hundreds of people who are not happy with the possibilities.

I plan the park of the day based on morning EMHs - what attractions we do are based off of habit and tradition. I honestly could get on everything I wanted once without ever using a fast pass or waiting long. We just have certain rides we Fast Pass for later while we tour our butts of to get a second run on them…would I die without the second turn? Probably not, but it will take a little something special out of what I love to do. That being said, I am still going to wait for the final product, try it myself and then form an opinion. Crying about the “what ifs” really isn’t going to help me, so why waste the effort?

I hear you. But for instance, we’ve already had extreme trouble getting to enjoy TSM in particular the last couple of trips, In fact, I haven’t even gone on the ride in the last couple. Even if we get there very early, we have missed out on FPs that would allow us to use them that morning, and I have a 2-park plan that means I will be in another park later that day, so 5 p.m. FPs aren’t going to help me, if I am at TSM around 9 a.m. It’s not feasible to make a trek back for that FP. So we usually have the option of getting in stand-by for more than an hour, or just giving up.

So if FP+ makes it even tougher to get on that ride, it will be frustrating to say the least. If FP+ guarantees me a ride and I know in advance so I can plan on touring HS at that time, then great! It works! LOL

That said, since we just now figured out that they jack up the standby times just before closing, we might go get in line a half hour before the park closes and hope to have a surprisingly short wait.

[QUOTE=MissDisney;1129412]I hear you. But for instance, we’ve already had extreme trouble getting to enjoy TSM in particular the last couple of trips, In fact, I haven’t even gone on the ride in the last couple. Even if we get there very early, we have missed out on FPs that would allow us to use them that morning, and I have a 2-park plan that means I will be in another park later that day, so 5 p.m. FPs aren’t going to help me, if I am at TSM around 9 a.m. It’s not feasible to make a trek back for that FP. So we usually have the option of getting in stand-by for more than an hour, or just giving up.

So if FP+ makes it even tougher to get on that ride, it will be frustrating to say the least. If FP+ guarantees me a ride and I know in advance so I can plan on touring HS at that time, then great! It works! LOL

That said, since we just now figured out that they jack up the standby times just before closing, we might go get in line a half hour before the park closes and hope to have a surprisingly short wait.[/QUOTE]

I ride that attraction every trip with no wait and FP not necessary. Go right when the park opens and walk on. I have never waited an hour at park open. 15 minutes has been the max. If you show up at 9:30am…well, that’s another story all together. That ride isn’t even important to me at this point. It’s whatever.

You are so lucky!!! It’s one of our faves and we would love to get on it again. For now, it’s sort of a family giggle at this point.

I guess we have been lucky. Usually we go right when we arrive in the morning and get at FP for later in the day…and at the same time wait in the line for a bit to get in at that time. That way, we get to ride it twice that day. It’s a must do for us because DD and I love to laugh and giggle as we swing around hitting targets…

I can appreciate the fears some folks have about the online FP’s, but I agree with you, Dana, that we have to wait and see. One thing that I take as a positive is not having to join a huge crowd of people at opening hurrying to get FP’s or get in line for super headliners like TSM or Soarin’. I’m a planner, so I’m not put off by planning my days and FPs that far in advance. Hopefully, by including the parades and fireworks shows, and limiting the online FP’s to 3 per person per day, it will spread them out a little.

I’m a brat and just don’t want to give up my two-parks-in-a-day touring plan. So that leaves out those FPs that are a zillion hours from when we get them.

But a thought did just occur to me – if people are getting their FPs online, then there will be a daylong spread of when they are for, which could loosen up the availability of more late-morning FPs, for instance.

Also–

I don’t see anything wrong AT ALL with us discussing our concerns about the program! Having concerns about it doesn’t mean that we don’t HOPE for the best.

And if Disney is, as we suspect, reading forums, then they will benefit from knowing what the impression is.

[QUOTE=MissDisney;1129460]I’m a brat and just don’t want to give up my two-parks-in-a-day touring plan. So that leaves out those FPs that are a zillion hours from when we get them.

But a thought did just occur to me – if people are getting their FPs online, then there will be a daylong spread of when they are for, which could loosen up the availability of more late-morning FPs, for instance.

Also–

I don’t see anything wrong AT ALL with us discussing our concerns about the program! Having concerns about it doesn’t mean that we don’t HOPE for the best.

And if Disney is, as we suspect, reading forums, then they will benefit from knowing what the impression is.[/QUOTE]

I don’t think there is anything wrong with discussing it. That’s not what I was saying. I said I don’t want to get nuts about it or act like it’s the worse thing in the world until I have personally tried and executed it. What you all do it up to you. Some people just take that discussion to the next level is all I am saying. How can you get upset about something you don’t know? That’s like making yourself worry about things that have not happened yet. Things change and evolve - Disney is no different. If they didn’t keep changing the way they did things, they wouldn’t be the machine they are.

Hey ! that could be a good tread “What would Disney be today if they would not have change since the 50’s” OR “What are the new developement we most like since Disney open it’s doors”…:ph34r: