When should I call?

I have our reservations all set, but need to call to set up ME and also to get a refrigerator for DM’s insulin. Our trip isn’t until Feb. Should I wait until a little closer to call or go ahead and get the fridge added on the reservation? I know ME arrangements need to be set up fairly early, but I was thinking about waiting for just a little while in case (heaven forbid) something changes. Thoughts?

What kind of changes are you thinking might happen? I would just go ahead and call. If you need to change them you can.

I guess I’m afraid if I go ahead and call I will jinx myself and the airlines will change flight times! Silly I know! Everything has gone so well with planning though it almost makes me scared!

What airline did you book with? Airtran?

Yes. That scares me some, but they had the best price and schedule. The flight’s we’re booked on are their only non-stops out of and into DFW. I think that’s in our favor since they have to run the plane back and forth anyway.

My mom is flying out of HSV on Delta, but has connections in ATL. Hopefully hers will go smoothly.

I was hoping you weren’t going to say that. With that being said all you can do is pray and hope for the best. Make sure you stay on it. Recently, I’ve heard some horror stories. But as long as you stay on them things will work out. Make sure you go on their website and keep checking everyday to make sure you have the same flights! Pixie Dust and Prayers. I totally understand about not wanting to Jinx it. Is the flight your on booked? If it is there is a much better chance that they won’t mess with the flight.

Yeah, I’ve heard good and bad about them. But, they were $100 per ticket cheaper and had the best schedule. I went ahead and booked early just because I wanted those particular flights. When I tried to book through central reservations, they couldn’t get it to go through. Also, when I went through Orbitz on a search, it didn’t go through. But then I went through Orbitz with specific info and it took. They have lots of connection flights, but only the one non-stop, so I think they’ll keep that one pretty full and I figure it will go, even if others get cancelled or changed.

Isn’t it silly that when everything goes smoothly you start worrying that something will go wrong? I mean, really why am I thinking it will?!

[QUOTE=mickeymommy;893057]Yeah, I’ve heard good and bad about them. But, they were $100 per ticket cheaper and had the best schedule. I went ahead and booked early just because I wanted those particular flights. When I tried to book through central reservations, they couldn’t get it to go through. Also, when I went through Orbitz on a search, it didn’t go through. But then I went through Orbitz with specific info and it took. They have lots of connection flights, but only the one non-stop, so I think they’ll keep that one pretty full and I figure it will go, even if others get cancelled or changed.

Isn’t it silly that when everything goes smoothly you start worrying that something will go wrong? I mean, really why am I thinking it will?![/QUOTE]

Try and not worry yourself. It will be fine. I can understand booking them especially with that price.

You really should call now and have it all noted on your reservation. Remind them again at check-in about the fridge.

[QUOTE=mickeymommy;893057]Yeah, I’ve heard good and bad about them. But, they were $100 per ticket cheaper and had the best schedule. I went ahead and booked early just because I wanted those particular flights. When I tried to book through central reservations, they couldn’t get it to go through. Also, when I went through Orbitz on a search, it didn’t go through. But then I went through Orbitz with specific info and it took. They have lots of connection flights, but only the one non-stop, so I think they’ll keep that one pretty full and I figure it will go, even if others get cancelled or changed.

Isn’t it silly that when everything goes smoothly you start worrying that something will go wrong? I mean, really why am I thinking it will?![/QUOTE]

Airtran is cheaper… however, you need to constantly check your ressie (in case you have to rebook on another carrier). On two separate trips, our flights were changed significantly and I had to rebook at a higher cost or lose two days of our vacation. Don’t worry, just be vigilant about checking.