When to go ( june,july or aug)

HELLO, I HAVE BEEN TO DISNEY NUMEROUS TIMES , BUT MOSTLY NOVEMBER OR JANRUARY. BUT BECAUSE OF A NEW JOB THOSE ARE THE ONLY MONTHS THAT I CAN GO. WHICH WOULD BE BEST. MYSELF AND MY WIFE WILL BE GOING WITH A 3 YR OLD, A 7 YEAR OLD AND A 15 YEAR OLD?:confused::glare:

We usually go around Labor Day- last week/weekend in August. We don"t find it too busy as most are getting back into gear to go back to school or are already in school.

[QUOTE=johnkimv;908866]We usually go around Labor Day- last week/weekend in August. We don"t find it too busy as most are getting back into gear to go back to school or are already in school.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. This Jersey Boy does not like the idea of Florida at the end of August, but the parks are usually less crowded. Get the hoppers and go back to your resort during the afternoon.

We had been going during the 2nd-3rd week of August for about 4 years in a row & finally decided to never go in August again because it just became insufferable. The ‘free dining’ offer usually runs August/September-ish and it was just CROWDED, CROWDED, CROWDED. Normally I can handle some crowds but add on top of that LITERALLY 92-98 degree weather, PLUS 80% humidity & tropical systems with heavy rain nearly everyday and we were just DONE! Not to mention more than several years ago one of our trips got really messed up because of a hurricane passing through so now I get nervous about hurricane season every year.

That being said, I would never go in July either because that seems like the peak of summer madness.

If you can squeeze in there during early June before everyone gets out of school in the northeast I would assume that’s your best bet. We go to Disneyland in June during that time and have really good luck, the big summer crowds never seemed to pour in yet.

I’ve never been to WDW during those days leading up to Labor Day because I am a teacher & we always have either professional training sessions or meetings so I can’t advise on those days.

Good luck. :smile:

I’ve been in early June and mid July, and both were fine for my family and I. It depends if you like hot weather. It gets hot, but you have to expect this during the summer months. The crowds are manageable, MK the busiest, just go early to that park. The parks are open late so you do get extra park time.

I’d look at the first week in June, before all the schools let out and before the worst of the summer heat hits.

Our family has gone in July, August, and Christmas break. (Hot, hot, and hectic) All three visits were fantastic. My vote for the summer months would be July.

Whichever you choose, here’s some advice:

In July and August, plan on freezing water bottles before trips into the parks and bring ponchos for the sudden cloud bursts. Our children were 8, 7, and 2 the first summer trip we took. Lugging the stroller on and off transportation as you sweat and kiddies complain is not fun, but once at the parks, all is fast forgotten and you have a place to store your stuff and use for sleepy kids. I suggest an easy umbrella-like deal - nothing big for sure. Quick and easy to fold and go. I saw no big difference between July and August…maybe a bit less crowded in July for us. Also, we choose to do late nights instead of early starts. With our kids, getting them going in the AM was tough, so we started out slow, enjoyed our mornings at our campsite (FW), and left right after the littlest took his afternoon nap. Rested and ready to go…

We have been all those months and my least favourite was July- not only were the American schools out but the Brit kids too- it was madness- end of August early Sept seems to suit us best- and we dont mind the heat.

Go as early in June as you can. We’ve been in early and mid June and found a big difference just in those few weeks. I have never been in July or August and never want to! The heat combined with crowds just turns me off of it.

Last week of August or first week of June will be the lightest crowds. It’s going to be SUPA hot regardless of which month you choose, so dont’ let that play a role in your decision. August rains more…that’s about it.

If you or anyone in your family are Star wars fans then I’d say to go in June and check out Star Wars Weekends !!