When to go?!

So we didn’t think we’d be able to afford a trip for a few years, but due to a hurricane, my hubby has been working CRAZY overtime and now all of a sudden we can start planning!
I haven’t been on here in a while, and I know there was supposed to be a lot of construction going on at WDW. We’re debating on spring or fall of 2012. Does anyone have any thoughts on which would be better?

[QUOTE=Kayleighsrents;1090422]So we didn’t think we’d be able to afford a trip for a few years, but due to a hurricane, my hubby has been working CRAZY overtime and now all of a sudden we can start planning!
I haven’t been on here in a while, and I know there was supposed to be a lot of construction going on at WDW. We’re debating on spring or fall of 2012. Does anyone have any thoughts on which would be better?[/QUOTE]

Personal pref would have us down in the fall. F&W, MNSSHP and cooler weather. Plus more of the Fantasyland expansion will be done.

When is the expansion supposed to be complete?

I would choose Fall for several reasons. The Food & Wine Festival at Epcot; the new Fantasyland will be open (maybe not all of it; but at least some) , lower crowds, pleasant temps.

Part is by June, second part end of 2012 and balance 2013.

I would have to concur with the others: the fall is the better choice. All the reasons above are valid> Spring can be hit or miss with crowds and weather, between Spring Break and Easter. The fall is better in terms of crowds, and I prefer the Food & Wine Festival to Flower & Garden Festival. Having more of the fantasyland expansion done is a nice bonus too. Whenever you go, I am sure you’ll have a good time!

If you can swing it- do the Halloween party. It is soooo much fun! There is so much to do there, and the atmosphere is great!

Go in the fall. September is a wonderful time to go. Pete and I actually chose our wedding date around Disney’s lowest crowd levels so we could have the best possible WDW honeymoon!

I concur with all the others above I have been in both the fall and the spring and I or we prefer the fall. plus one other reason they usually have better discounts in Sept. and Oct. than they do in the spring time although this year has been a little different.

Usually October is good. Crowds aren’t bad, the heat and humidity have broken somewhat, you don’t have to deal with the large free dining crowds that come in September, and almost always the hurricane season has wound all the way down (though I can’t say about this year as we’re about equal to 2005 at this point including a female named “K” storm threatening the US mainland in late August).

I would vote for Fall, we always go down in November, so we miss the hurricane season for the most part, it is cooler, and it extends our summer warmth.

I would vote fall too. We’ve done both and enjoyed both but MNSSHP and F&W push the fall to the top of the list. We’ve done mid-October, Thanksgiving week and this year end of Oct./beginning Nov.

I vote fall as well - love MNSSHP (halloween party) and Food & Wine festival! & the lighter crowds!

I’ll break with the crowd.

We learned to love the Mouse’s House in Jan/Feb. There are three main factors for us, 1) very low crowds, 2) low humidity, and C) we get away from Chicago’s winter for a week or so.

Now the downside is that it can be cool. But that has never been a problem as my DW is a packing MONSTER. The first year I laughed at her for all the stuff she brought, now I just bow in awe ( and the weight of the bags ).

I will say that our Thanksgiving trip may have been one of the best, until the day after Thanksgiving, then it got pretty busy. But the holiday decorations changed the whole look of the place and really turned my DW and, (then teenage), DD into little girls again. It was a very special trip.

Anyhow, whenever you go will be spectacular.
-Harry

I’m with the rest of the crew. We went the first week of December and just LOVED the Holiday theme that was felt everywhere. Crowds were low and the weather was AMAZING. Shorts during the day and add a sweater in the evening.