When to order rewards card

It’s been a few years since I have ordered a rewards card.
Is two weeks before the trip cutting it too close?

I want to wait for one more points addition, but that will put me about two weeks out.

Thanks!!

You can order your card now, then add points whenever you want. You can add them online or by phone. The card expires in 12 months.

I’d order now and add the points later. Two weeks out sounds too close for comfort. I can’t remember how long it took to actually get the card in the mail, but I’d be nervous about that period of time. Adding points is easy because you can do it on-line or with a quick phone call.

Yep, that’s what I did. Ordered the card a month or two ahead of time, then added points closer to the trip. Just realize once you move the points to the card, they expire when the card does. I think two weeks is a little close.
You SHOULD be okay, but you never know…
Prezcatz Paul

Allow closer to 4 weeks but if all goes right you should have the card in 2 weeks. Like everyone else has said, you can add more points to your card with a quick phone call.

Just make sure you are looking for the card, it comes in a plain white envelope and I think it’s easy to miss it.

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;853805]
Just make sure you are looking for thge card, it comes in a plain white envelope and I think it’s easy to miss it.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree with this. It is good that it is inconspicuous… but can be easily mistaken for junk mail.

Wow! That is really great…
So I can order it now and just add my additional points just before we leave.

[QUOTE=BuzzLightyear;853880]Wow! That is really great…
So I can order it now and just add my additional points just before we leave.[/QUOTE]

Yes, you can add more points to it, even after you empty it. I always get a new card so it’s valid for a longer time but you can always add more to it. My friend even called from WDW once to add more points to it.:laugh:

[QUOTE=BuzzLightyear;853880]Wow! That is really great…
So I can order it now and just add my additional points just before we leave.[/QUOTE]

Yep, and you can add them each time your account closes out for the month. We had a bunch one year come available while we were in Disney, and Rlander had them transfered by phone.

On this subject…I have had two rewards pt cards in the past and never had any problem loading one, until now.
1)When I called to order my new card a couple weeks ago to get 218 pts put on it, I was told I could only do it in increments of 20, so only 200 pts were put on the card. I knew this didn’t sound right.

1. I have also had no problem adding points after I get my card, (and have been able to bring my pt balance down to 0) until now. I called to do that and was told that they could only be added in increments of 10, so my 18 remaining pts can be added, but the few I have after that can’t be. Does this sound correct? And did I even make any sense at all? :laugh:

[QUOTE=tiki;853947]On this subject…I have had two rewards pt cards in the past and never had any problem loading one, until now.
1)When I called to order my new card a couple weeks ago to get 218 pts put on it, I was told I could only do it in increments of 20, so only 200 pts were put on the card. I knew this didn’t sound right.

1. I have also had no problem adding points after I get my card, (and have been able to bring my pt balance down to 0) until now. I called to do that and was told that they could only be added in increments of 10, so my 18 remaining pts can be added, but the few I have after that can’t be. Does this sound correct? And did I even make any sense at all? :laugh:[/QUOTE]

Yes it made sense. But it does sound very strange!! I’ll be ordering a new card in the next couple days. I think we have 106 points that are not on a card right now because our old card expired. I’ll let you know what happens when I try.

Please do, I’d like to know what you are told, because I have called 5 times now and told 5 different things.

I ordered my card about 3 weeks before our trip and I was fine. Once you have the actual card it’s SO easy to transfer the rewards balance on-line for the next trip.

When I ordered my rewards card online I had to order it with at least 20pts…once I got the card I was then able to add pts in increments of 10pts. Hope this helps.

This past Christmas when we went to WDW I called to get my rewards card, the person I spoke to told me to have it sent to the information center in MK and I could pick it up when we got there. That is what we didl. I just had to give the cm my credit card and she put everything through, I just had to use my cell phone to call and confirm and they issued me the card right there in MK. I’m sorry my details are precise, however when you call, ask them about it. I hope this helps.