When will booking begin for January 2010?

We went last January and LOVED it, and now I’m wondering when I’ll be able to start trying to book for 2010. Also, what weekend is the marathon this year?

I’m already booked for January, 2010…we are DVC members, and I booked at BWV at seven months out.

You can book a WDW resort room right now but it will be a room only reservation. By about the end of July you can call back and turn that room only reservation into a package with dining and tickets if you want.

I think the marathon is the weekend of the 7th-10th. I’m sure someone will correct me if I’m wrong.

Yes the marathon is the weekend of the 7-10th. It gets crowded (at least crowded for Jan).

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;973145]You can book a WDW resort room right now but it will be a room only reservation. By about the end of July you can call back and turn that room only reservation into a package with dining and tickets if you want.

I think the marathon is the weekend of the 7th-10th. I’m sure someone will correct me if I’m wrong.[/QUOTE]

I thought it was the other way around. I tried to book a room only a few week ago and it said I could not. I will try again because I hope you are right!

I may be wrong but I thought room only reservations could be book close to 500 days out.

I tried to get rates for march 2010 room only, and its not letting me…guess i have to wait till august. :blush:

Was this on line or over the phone?

it was on line, i tried doing it through AOL but after i put my dates in etc., the page wouldn’t load, darn AOL.
so then i tried using IE and the whole disney site was so old looking and different and it wouldn’t even give me the march 2010 calendar.

someone told me i should just call…
i would do that but i like to play around on line and see what every resort has to offer as far as prices, kwim?
plus w/4 kids under 7 in my house its sooooo hard to stay on the phone and ask questions.

thanks hun!

Usually around end of July beginning of August, they release next years prices and packages, but they won’t do the discounts until later…but we book the ackage and when the discounts come out, we add them to our package!

yes jen, thats usually what i do to, i think i am just getting anxious, lol

We called about a trip next Easter. You can reserve your date and put down your $200 reservation. They’ll quote you a price that is a certain percentage above whatever the rack rate was for that room/week this year, and your price will be adjusted to the 2010 rates when they come out in early August.

Presumably the quote you’ll be given will be high, because they’d rather tell you the final cost is lower than they quoted than higher.

Note, you probably have to call to get this done, I don’t think the server online will let you book for next year before the prices have come out.

[QUOTE=alandjen;976199]We called about a trip next Easter. You can reserve your date and put down your $200 reservation. They’ll quote you a price that is a certain percentage above whatever the rack rate was for that room/week this year, and your price will be adjusted to the 2010 rates when they come out in early August.

Presumably the quote you’ll be given will be high, because they’d rather tell you the final cost is lower than they quoted than higher.

Note, you probably have to call to get this done, I don’t think the server online will let you book for next year before the prices have come out.[/QUOTE

ty!!!
i heard a rumor that august 2 the new prices MIGHT be released, also read they are INCREASING TICKET PRICES AGAIN :crying: