When

will they announce free dining does anyone know? Please help my trip depends on it

i don’t know hope it’s soon lol and welcome to mouse buzz

I am right there with you! I have 5(2 adults and 3 kids) who would be on the mean plan so it would really help. That is the biggest savings for us beyond room discounts. Even then the room stuff can get hard to find as there are 6 of us just we are lucky to have one under 3.
Welcome to mousebuzz.

I am guessing there will be NO free dining this year. Hearing disney is trying to avoid free dining this year. Sorry to tell everyone what I feel/hear, but still hold out hope. If bookings are down and Universal does well. I see Disney changing their minds, knowing FD brings guest to the parks/resorts.

That is the question on everyone’s minds right now. We were hoping for it, but ended up deciding to go anyway. BUT, I agree with Timon… if Harry Potter ends up bringing in as many people as planned, Disney may just offer Free Dining.
My fingers are crossed for you!

We’re waiting too - usually early April is when they’ve announced (to Disney Visa cardholders first). Our trips have all been during free dining & even though we’ve said “no Disney trip this year” but husband is watching & waiting- my DD4 only needs to twist his pinky to get him to change his mind!!

I was afraid of that, No free dining no Disney. My hubby is in the Military and we were wanting a nice affordable vacation b4 he deploys. I guess disney is out and we look for a cruise.

No one knows if and when they will announce it. There are at least 10threads going on about this now. As soon as it breaks, it will be on our homepage here at mousebuzz.

I know it is their value season so that is a help in itself. It just has to be a really good deal for my DH to agree to a hotel. I know a 6 day stay with no hopper or water park ticket and a meal plan is just under 2000, that is with the $45 campsites and 5 we have to pay for. I would have been willing to take the free quick serve deal but it was at the wrong time of the year for us.
Well weather or not the meal plan is offered I am sure they will have a deal at that time.

[QUOTE=lasallemom;1027668]I know it is their value season so that is a help in itself. It just has to be a really good deal for my DH to agree to a hotel. I know a 6 day stay with no hopper or water park ticket and a meal plan is just under 2000, that is with the $45 campsites and 5 we have to pay for. I would have been willing to take the free quick serve deal but it was at the wrong time of the year for us.
Well weather or not the meal plan is offered I am sure they will have a deal at that time.[/QUOTE]

thats a postive way of looking at it.

One of my friends emailed me this morning asking if I received the free dining offer. She did and she said that she would forward it to me if I wanted so hopefully I will get that email today. YEA!!!

If it has a unique pin number on the bottom- it is unique to her only, and you cannot use it-unless you are going with her…

However, there may be something for a discount for this year. There were 3 for the time I was going… summer of this year. Chances are-there will be some type of discount…

[QUOTE=hanwill;1028478]If it has a unique pin number on the bottom- it is unique to her only, and you cannot use it-unless you are going with her…

However, there may be something for a discount for this year. There were 3 for the time I was going… summer of this year. Chances are-there will be some type of discount…[/QUOTE]

thanks for the encouragement

I completely understand. It is so hard to wait… Hope you get something soon…

I got one today too but it was free Quick Service Dining - NOT the full free dining plan we’re waiting for…still waiting…

Have you checked into the special rate that Disney has for military personnel? It would most likely end up saving you more on your trip than the Free Dining discount would.

2010 WDW Military Room Only discount

Nevada they are offering the Salute Tics again this year. 4 Days for $99, an extra $24 if you want water parks OR hoppers. $48 if you want both. Tics must be purchased at WDW, or tax free at SoG or your local ITT by July 31st and used by the end of Sept.
Rooms at SoG for fee based on rank. $123 is the avg, which isn’t bad for Deluxe. If you wanted a WDW resort all public rooms are 40% off.
Maybe some of this might help.

I just got the QS Free Dining offer in my email as well. It only runs up to 8/14 and we’ll be in Disney the end of September and into October.

[QUOTE=Mickeybug;1028496]Nevada they are offering the Salute Tics again this year. 4 Days for $99, an extra $24 if you want water parks OR hoppers. $48 if you want both. Tics must be purchased at WDW, or tax free at SoG or your local ITT by July 31st and used by the end of Sept.
Rooms at SoG for fee based on rank. $123 is the avg, which isn’t bad for Deluxe. If you wanted a WDW resort all public rooms are 40% off.
Maybe some of this might help.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for this information it was so helpful!!!I can get 7 nights and QS for under 1500.00
Thanks again

OMGoodness… I’ve been away from the board for a while since we can’t even think about a trip… (it’s just too painfull…) but look what I just received by email:

[B]Hungry for a Disney deal,

Good. blah blah blah…

Enjoy the Disney Quick-Service Dining Plan, FREE

when you purchase a 4-night/5-day non-discounted Walt Disney Travel Company vacation package that includes accommodations at select Walt Disney World Resort hotels and Theme Park tickets! [COLOR=“Red”]For stays most nights now through 8/14/10.[/B][/COLOR]

Free Dining through the summer? After how many years of Late August through into the fall??? I’m so confused.

OK - The details - I’m in Canada and it was a direct email, and requires booking by April 30. But it does point to the possiblitily of a general discount don’t you think?

And what will they do for the fall I wonder???