Where do i buy?

Yeh I am finally returning to the world in april. My whole extended family is going and us ladies and men would like to have a alcoholic drink in the evening before bed after the kids are down. Do we bring it, by it there and if so where? or can you have it delivered like the groceries. We are not heavy drinkers one beer for the men many one wine cooler for the women. But we will be there 7 night. Any ideas???

First question: where are you staying? :smile: Disney resorts have bars on property; the hours vary. I believe you can also purchase items like wine coolers in some Disney resort gift/sundries shops.

If you are driving or taking a towncar from the airport, you can also stop at a grocery store on your way to the resort to pick up specific alcoholic beverages if you prefer. (You will certainly save money doing it that way!) Hope that helps!

oops forgot to tell you I am staying at the AS Music

You can get some adult type drinks at the gift shops in the resorts. If you’re driving bring it with you, you get what you want at a better price. If you’re flying you can get it delivered to your resort along with some water and any snacks you would want.

We used We Go Shop last summer for an adult beverage delivery. They went to a liquor store and got exactly what we wanted and provided a receipt from the store. I believe the delivery fee was under $20 on $200 worth of food and drink.

YOU GUYS ROCK!! :laugh: We were already discussing a a grocery delivery. We are all getting a frig in our rooms. So this will be perfect. They can bring both. Thanks.

We stayed at All-Star Music last year, and I definitely remember seeing some alcoholic beverages available from coolers in the gift shop. :happy:

If you use We Go Shop call as early as you can because they let you pick your delivery time but slots fill up the closer you get to your trip. We called a couple of weeks out and had a choice of times but we didn’t get what we really wanted. We made it work but I should have called sooner.

Thanks Disney Teacher. when you make the reservation do you have to have your list ready?

I believe we had to have the list ready and that’s why we put it off as long as we did.

We gave them the brand and size of what we wanted and they were very good about getting what we wanted or something close to it. We aren’t that picky so the exact size really didn’t matter.

I took a piece of paper to the store with me one day and made my list while doing other shopping. It was hard to give sizes when I didn’t have the item at home.

cool!! We have a total of for family’s so I will get them on their lists now and set it up.

Here are two services that people here have used:

Grocery Delivery Service Provided By WeGoShop.com. Grocery Delivery Service From Your Favorite Grocery Store.

GardenGrocer.com, The Selection of a SUPERMARKET Delivered to Your Door!

We did have to meet the delivery at our resort to prove we were over 21 and pay. I believe we could have let the resort handle it if we had paid with a credit card and didn’t have liquor.

I haven’t stayed at the All-Stars in ages but all of the resorts I’ve stayed at in the past couple years have had alcohol available in the gift shop/DVC grocery section. Obviously it’s not cheap & the selection may be limited so I agree with everyone who may have suggested a delivery service. Although, are you going to have a rental car? If so, maybe you can make a quick stop between the airport & WDW. Then you don’t have to pay the delivery fees, etc.

And to be honest, I am not 100% sure that the grocery delivery services will deliver alcohol. Check on-line with the services to make sure before you try & place an order.

[QUOTE=WishUponAStar;925917]

And to be honest, I am not 100% sure that the grocery delivery services will deliver alcohol. Check on-line with the services to make sure before you try & place an order.[/QUOTE]

We Go Shop delivered alcohol to us last summer, we just had to be at the resort when it was delivered to show we were over 21. I don’t think my DH actually had to show ID but had he looked questionable (age-wise :laugh:) I’m sure she would have asked.

I will check, and we are flying in from all over the country at different times. We are all using the disney express so we will not have a car. We were thinking of taking a taxi and shopping ourselves but it with small super excited kids I think the delivery will work better. Thank I will check to make sure.

I’m pretty sure that taxi ride will cost more than any delivery fee.

I would look at both sites and see which one best fits your needs and then put a list together. Since you have 4 families see if you can do 4 orders and one delivery fee. They may work with you on that so you don’t have to divide everything up and try to split the cost fairly. I called Marge at We Go Shop and she was very nice to work with and made the process simple.

That’s great to know! I wasn’t sure how that worked, I think Daniel will like that news. ESPECIALLY for all those trips where we meet 12 of my in-laws. :laugh:

I’ve never stayed at the All Stars, but I know Pop had a pool bar…If All Stars have this as well it might an option in a pinch.

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;925894]
We used We Go Shop last summer for an adult beverage delivery. They went to a liquor store and got exactly what we wanted and provided a receipt from the store. I believe the delivery fee was under $20 on $200 worth of food and drink.[/QUOTE]

Wow, I was told by a CM that in Florida is was illegal to ship alcohol. They gave me this as the excuse why they wouldn’t deliver the Norwegian Aquavit I bought at Epcot to my hotel (at the time it was Pop).