Where is Prof. Ludwig von Drake?

I made mention of Scrooge McDuck in another thread and it got me to thinking, why have I never seen Prof. Ludwig von Drake anywhere in WDW? (Well, maybe with the exception of briefly at the old Breakfastosaurus breakfast in AK)
He would be logical for inclusion into some of the science stuff in Epcot, or as a host for Cyber Space Mountain in Disney Quest. He’d be a perfect host for an attraction in the AK as well. Maybe even somewhere in the MK. Seems there are plenty of classic characters that are totally ignored.

Anyone else have some thoughts on this?

You know, my dh and I did see him in 05 or 06, but neither of us can remember where. I want to say in front of the train station, but am not sure. I do know it was in MK. I’ll have to check our pictures to see if we took a picture of him. Hope you find him.

We are anxiously awaiting meeting Scrooge McDuck someday. We hear that he hangs out in Donald’s Tree Lot at the MK at Christmastime. We didn’t see him when we were there the week before Christmas 2005, but we’ll certainly be hanging around that area and checking schedules in order to meet him. DH & DBiL are HUGE fans and would love to meet him! This will be our last time for along time to meet up with him at Christmastime. Wish us luck!
Another we looked for for years was Max, Goofy’s son and we FINALLY met him this past summer at DHS!!

He’s still at the special events team. He’s just never hired by 3rd parties for meet and greets unfortunately. I’ve seen him and he looks great. :laugh:

Scrooge or the Professor?

By the way, I was bemoaning the absence of Ludwig von Drake from any attraction, although, it might be an interesting idea to have an all duck character breakfast staring Donald, Daisy, Scrooge, Ludwig, Huey, Dewey, and Louie.
I wonder how many of you remember the Wonderful World of Color episodes where LvD gave his science lessons?

[QUOTE=Soundgod;885360]Scrooge or the Professor?
[/QUOTE]

Ludwig. Scrooge still visits the parks. I’ve still seen Ludwig over at the special events. Like the idea of an all-duck reunion though. Specially for Donald’s birthday or something since Donald will be 75 next June.

[QUOTE=A Goofy Family;885195]We are anxiously awaiting meeting Scrooge McDuck someday. We hear that he hangs out in Donald’s Tree Lot at the MK at Christmastime. We didn’t see him when we were there the week before Christmas 2005, but we’ll certainly be hanging around that area and checking schedules in order to meet him. DH & DBiL are HUGE fans and would love to meet him! This will be our last time for along time to meet up with him at Christmastime. Wish us luck!
Another we looked for for years was Max, Goofy’s son and we FINALLY met him this past summer at DHS!![/QUOTE]

Scrooge is definitely around the treelot, at least during MVMCP anyway. I saw him when we were there two years ago and almost pee’d myself. :laugh:

I am a big Disney ducks fan. :blush:

All of you are telling me Ludwig actually exists and I’ve never seen him? He’s gotta be my favorite Disney bird, right up there with Jose Carioca. What kind of special events does he show up at? Do I stand a chance at the Christmas Party?

Soundgod, that idea is AMAZING. I would probably go into shock if I got to go to a character meal like that. :laugh: And yes, I remember his old shorts on the WWC. I have another toon of his on a Treasures DVD, Symposium of Popular Music, I think. He’s always got me laughing. That duck should have his own Treasures DVD!

Paul Frees was the man. Without his improv voice acting, Ludwig would probably be alot more boring.

[QUOTE=Screever;885444]
Paul Frees was the man. Without his improv voice acting, Ludwig would probably be alot more boring.[/QUOTE]

Paul Frees was also the voice of Inspector Fenwick (Dudley Do Right), Ape (George of the Jungle), and my dog’s namesake, Boris Badenov.
Here’s the craziest, in the 1965 Beatles cartoon series, he was both John and George!

[QUOTE=Soundgod;885454]Paul Frees was also the voice of Inspector Fenwick (Dudley Do Right), Ape (George of the Jungle), and my dog’s namesake, Boris Badenov.
Here’s the craziest, in the 1965 Beatles cartoon series, he was both John and George![/QUOTE]

He did the Ghost Host in HM too, right?

Love that guy!!! :heart:

I’m so glad to see others who love Ludwig von Drake!! I have actually been using his images for some of my medical assistant training sessions on PowerPoint (I always source the pictures, of course). I miss him, and too many of the assistants I’ve trained don’t even recognize him! I have gone so far as to playing a clip of his Music lessson from one of my Sing A Long VHS’s for some assistants, since they don’t believe that such a Disney character even exists. It’s quite sad.

Ludwig is awesome. I didn’t even know that you can actually see him at the parks.

My absolute fav sing-a-long song growing up was “The Green With Envy Blues” from the Wonderful World of Color. It still makes me laugh!!!

Maybe that could be a new castle stage show, the Donald anniversary…

I stumbled across this little surprise on the WDW main site today:

Walt Disney World Resort - Detecting Browser Properties . . .

Professor Ludwig von Drake introducing WDW in 3D using Google Earth. It’s a start.