Where is your favorite "resting" spot at AK?

You know how we all take a little rest or nap:happy: at COP in MK. Or at Ellen’s in Epcot. Where is a good spot in AK? I can’t think of one. Our next trip, I’d like to being able to spend the WHOLE day at AK. But it would be nice for a spot to sit and rest for 20 min or so. Having a back rest is a must. I’m not sure of the benches at Nemo and Lion King, do they have backs?

I can’t think of any quite resting place at AK!!! For us it is the most crowded, noisy and hectic park of all of them!!!

I’d guess the only dark and cool places where you can sit are Finding Nemo and (once it reopens) Festival of the Lion King. Now of course they won’t be quiet, but as the song says, two out of three ain’t bad. And no, they are benches without backs.
AK claims it’s “Notazoo”, but deep down, it is a zoo, and zoos are largely outdoor experiences.

How long is it’s tough to be a bug? That is the only spot I can think with regular seats, not benches.

I sat at The back side of Yak and Yeti (to the left of the entrance of Kali River rapids) for a while. It is outdoor, but some parts are shaded and there are strong fans there. It is the seating area for a restaurant/snack area. There were a lot of people there with sleeping babies in the shade. Great quiet, out of the way spot. The only other places I can think of are the restaurantasaurus and the pizzafari seating areas. They are nice and cool.

Try resting when the “stinging bugs” effect is employed though.
You’ll be jolted awake both by the seat action and the screams of all the kids.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1142314]Try resting when the “stinging bugs” effect is employed though.
You’ll be jolted awake both by the seat action and the screams of all the kids.[/QUOTE]

…never ever even been in A Bugs Life…have no desire to!!! lol

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1142314]Try resting when the “stinging bugs” effect is employed though.
You’ll be jolted awake both by the seat action and the screams of all the kids.[/QUOTE]

That’s the last min, isn’t it for the poking. Although the screaming starts with the giant spiders coming down from the ceiling.

I believe you’re right. But I think it’s two years since the last time I was bugged.
By the way, my personal name for this attraction is “It’s Tough To Be A Dug”.
I think you know why.

There is a bench at the entrance to Pangani Forest Exploration Trail where I sat with my daughter when she was 2, and let her nap for a bit. It was shaded, quiet, and a fun spot to people watch. Very relaxing for us. I found a pic of the spot…

The area around the Tree of Life has lots of little quiet trails - there’s a very quiet one right around the kangaroo enclosure. Not sure how to describe it - we usually just sort of happen upon it. Another good place is the garden area of Rainforest Café, right at the entrance. As for indoors, I’d say Finding Nemo would be the coolest, darkest and longest - but, alas, the benches have no backs. For a quick pick-me-up, head to the Conservation Station and try out those little “telephone booths” where Mother Nature is talking about saving the rainforest. And Smallwood - get yourself to It’s Tough to be a Bug. It’s fun.

Why in the world would they not put backs on the benches? Why? Why? Why?

I wonder so it’s quicker to clean the area. I hate the shows without backs. I mean I like the shows, but hate the benches.

me too Jo-Jo- Have these designers ever kept up with a baby on a hot summer day in these parks,and then tried to go to a show (and hold the baby) on a bench with no backs? ugh! I have, and I need backs- not comfy movie theater chairs, just a regular back would do… Like country bear Jamboree- simple and comfortable. Give me a back… that is all. :wink:

I’ve never had to find a quiet cool place at AK as nine times out if ten we are at AKL so take the five minute drive back to the resort. So I guess that can be a recommendation is to hop on the bus, get off at Jambo House and set off to their library that has the coziest chairs (with backs!) to take a nap.

Double post! :closedeye