Where To Book?

Not sure where to put this question, so I put it here…
Normally we always go through FIL, who is a CM and gets us all of his discounts. We’ve never had to pay full price for resorts or to get into parks. Well since we aren’t on speaking terms with FIL anymore, that’s not an option and if we want to go, we get to book and pay full price ourselves(no biggie, the extra $$ is worth not having to deal with him lol).
Well we’ve decided to do a spur of the moment trip in October. We are going for 4 days, 2 which will be traveling days, so only 2 park days. We want to stay at a Deluxe resort, preferably the Yacht/Beach Club or the Polynesian. Checking availability it’s iffy for that month so we plan on booking this Tuesday or Wednesday. I’m checking prices on the Disney website, and just wondering if there is anyone else we could go through to possibly get it any cheaper. If not it’s cool, I’m just not sure the best place to book through to get the most bang for our buck. Thanks!

This site IS sponsored by Mousketrips… they won’t be more expensive than the Disney website, could even be better… but the best part is that if a discount becomes available they’re really good at immediately rebooking at the better price.

[QUOTE=AprilandtheKids;1047008]Not sure where to put this question, so I put it here…
Normally we always go through FIL, who is a CM and gets us all of his discounts. We’ve never had to pay full price for resorts or to get into parks. Well since we aren’t on speaking terms with FIL anymore, that’s not an option and if we want to go, we get to book and pay full price ourselves(no biggie, the extra $$ is worth not having to deal with him lol).
Well we’ve decided to do a spur of the moment trip in October. We are going for 4 days, 2 which will be traveling days, so only 2 park days. We want to stay at a Deluxe resort, preferably the Yacht/Beach Club or the Polynesian. Checking availability it’s iffy for that month so we plan on booking this Tuesday or Wednesday. I’m checking prices on the Disney website, and just wondering if there is anyone else we could go through to possibly get it any cheaper. If not it’s cool, I’m just not sure the best place to book through to get the most bang for our buck. Thanks![/QUOTE]

If you want bang for the buck don’t forget the ‘cheap’ deluxe resorts- WL and AKL. We prefer WL, but many on MB will only do AKL no matter what.

And are you onsite during one of the reduced times? The dates are posted on Allears.

Are you an annual pass holder? If so, you can get a good discount. Thats what I did and got a nice discount.

Yeah, we’re looking at one of the reduced times. We’re not AP holders, not AAA or anything else special lol.

Well, darn. It could have saved a nice amount.:sad::mickey:

Don’t you have to be FL residents to hold an AP? Never looked into it before.

You can get just a regular annual pass. You don’t have to be a Fl. resident. Fl. resident ones a way cheaper but you can purchaes a regular one.

Depending on the reduced offer issued for the general pubic, the deals have been colse to or the same price reduction as the AP deals.

When I do book, if I book through the Disney site, do I have the option to pay for everything up front? We’ve always paid the first night and paid the rest when we got there, but I’d really like to pay for it all upfront if possible.

If you are not purchasing a package(room plus a dinning plan) then all you have to come up with is 1 nights price. If you are getting a package,then it has to be paid by 45 days before you arrive. You will have to put down 200.00 then the rest in a week or so.

We’re not adding a dining package, but are doing the hotel package with the 2 day Magic Your Way park tickets, if that counts.

We have annual passes for this year, what kind of discounts do you get on rooms with them? I didnt realize you did. We are planning a trip for November, that I haven’t booked yet, and just wondering.

Go on Allears.net and look for any reduced deals during your planned time in the World. Remember that sometimes these deals are for a set # of rooms so if there is something you want, grab it and put down a 1 night deposit. You can always alter days or resort if a first choice comes available. But at lest you have a room catagory that you want.

I’m kind of speaking out of turn here because I have never booked through this agent; however I have been pricing up and seem to get a good deal from mouseketrips Mouseketrips - Disney Vacations a guy called Scott was e-mailing me info and I found them very helpful, I have been advised by Dixie and a few others that they are very good… hope this helps :mickey: