Where to eat after leaving AK?

AK closes at 5:00 the week we are at WDW. Where are some convenient places to eat dinner besides SSR?

Thanks!!

Have you ever been to Boma? Or even get something at the CS there and then spend some time at the resort. Just wandering around outside is well worth it. The resort is a short bus ride away, it would be a great time to go. Then you can take the bus to another park that is open later.

I like to go to either Narcossees or California Grill after I leave the AK. I try to book AK for when MK has a late night and then go to MK after dinner.

If we are leaving a park early, we usually go to the nearest resort bus and change there to DTD. There are several good options at DTD, and shopping too!

I still miss the TTC way —it was much easier to make a transfer then…

Animal Kingdom Lodge is just a 5 minute bus ride. Enjoy Boma and then walk around the resort, including the night vision goggles looking out into the Savannah. Then jump on a bus and head to a park open later or EMH.

We like captains grille at yacht club.great food and queiter

Boma is great! I love dining at the Animal Kingdom Lodge - it’s such a gorgeous resort.

Definitely head over to AK lodge. It’s such a great place with wonderful food options.

Boma is always popular. They have the best soups in WDW. Not a huge favourite of mine, but Rainforest Café couldn’t be more convenient.

I’m another Boma vote!

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! Boma has a lot of votes, I don’t know if I can talk DH into it though. He is not an adventurous eater…

I made an ADR at Hollywood and Vine that same day in hopes that Sophia will be there. Has anyone heard anymore about the change over from Jake & the Neverland Pirates, Agent OSO, etc.? If Sophia is there we will end up doing a half day at AK and half at HS.

I hate having to plan so far out… I checked and I can still get a Boma ADR. How long do you think I can chance getting an ADR?? I hate to make one and someone else not be able to get an ADR.

I already feel guilty about possibly canceling the Hollywood & Vine ADR!!

[QUOTE=FairyGranmama;1136509]Thanks for the suggestions everyone! Boma has a lot of votes, I don’t know if I can talk DH into it though. He is not an adventurous eater…

I made an ADR at Hollywood and Vine that same day in hopes that Sophia will be there. Has anyone heard anymore about the change over from Jake & the Neverland Pirates, Agent OSO, etc.? If Sophia is there we will end up doing a half day at AK and half at HS.

I hate having to plan so far out… I checked and I can still get a Boma ADR. How long do you think I can chance getting an ADR?? I hate to make one and someone else not be able to get an ADR.

I already feel guilty about possibly canceling the Hollywood & Vine ADR!![/QUOTE]

You shouldn’t feel guilty at all. Remember while you are making your plans, thousands of others are making theirs too. I’m all for thinking of others - but you have the same right to plan and adjust your plans as anyone else. As long as you let the restaurant know you’ll be cancelling your ADR (once you decide) your conscience should be clear.:happy: If your dh likes plain food then I think that Rainforest would probably be a good choice. It’s pretty basic.

Downtown Disney! Raglan Road is my new favorite!

The sky is the limit. Hop the bus to any resort or DtD. We have also eaten at RFC right at AK. It is convenient and usually not very busy.

Thanks Llama, that does make me feel less selfish :blush:

Has anyone heard if Sophia will be at Hollywood & Vine?

While I’m in question mode :laugh: I read that they had stopped using colored hair at Harmony Barbershop, does anyone have current information about the gel?

I believe that there is a direct bus to Downtown Disney from AK until the end of October! DTD it is!

Ooooo…maybe if it’s successful, they will go back to offering a bus from each park directly to DTD like they used to do! I assumed they stopped that service because not enough people used it…but the bus was always full whenever we rode it—especially when the MK closed at 7. :slight_smile:

Smallworld, I figured they stopped the busses due to people parking for free at DTD and going to the parks. I wonder if they are letting riders go from DTD to AK?

Oh…never heard of that but you are probably right!!!

I sure miss that ability to go straight from the park there—but I can see people abusing that privilege like some do of other things…

On EMH mornings, we often head over to Boma for a late breakfast.
For afternoon closings, the choices are endless, especially as we usually drive to that park.

By the way, reiterating about bus service to DTD from AK, or any other park, there is none. If you’re busing, you’ll need to change buses somewhere.
My suggestions for transfer points would be an All Star, Coronado Springs, Pop, AoA or perhaps CBR if you want to get to DTD from AK.
Keep moving forward, don’t double back.