Where to request for POFQ

I do not have a preferred, but would like to be close to the bus stop.

This is our first time at POFQ and I understand from previous comments that it is a small resort, but is there an area I should request - non preferred?

there is not one building that is too far from the bus stop, that is no lie, Sue.

That’s great to know!

Really, I wouldn’t worry about it. It is a very small resort, you will be close no matter where you are.

I requested bldg 4. It looks like it is the closest to the bus depot and main bldg. Just makes it easier to get a tired 7 yr old old back to the room after a full day/night in the park. I also requested first floor for convenience.

You may not be far from the FQ bus stop, but that stop is usually the first of 5.
The DTD bus runs in the opposite direction so it’s the last stop before heading to DTD.
If you’re lucky, Riverside and FQ won’t be sharing buses.

When we stayed there, we were in either building 2 or 3 and were right on top of the bus stop.

We went last year and requested ‘close to bus stop’. Well when we got there we were put in building 7 which looked to be the farthest away on the map. I wasn’t very happy. Then we went to building 7 and realized it wasn’t far at all!

Anyway this year I requested building 4 just because it looked most convenient to me when we were there.

don’t worry about the bus to DTD- take the boat…

You will be in a good location no matter where you are… Have a good trip.

we were in building 7 back in February. Not bad, but after several consecutive 12 hour days in the park, your feet will thank you for requesting building 4. :slight_smile: It is such a lovely hotel. In reality, though, none of the buildings are outrageously far from any of the amenities.

I have found the bus thing depends on the time of day. Early in the morning, we never shared a bus with POR, and returning from the parks, at park closing, most evenings POR and POFQ have had their own buses. When we did have to share a bus, POFQ was always the first stop on the return from the parks.

[QUOTE=debrahv;994710]We went last year and requested ‘close to bus stop’. Well when we got there we were put in building 7 which looked to be the farthest away on the map. I wasn’t very happy. Then we went to building 7 and realized it wasn’t far at all!

Anyway this year I requested building 4 just because it looked most convenient to me when we were there.[/QUOTE]

I think building 7 actually has the nicest location. Almost all waterview, isn’t that right?

When we stayed at POFQ last year, we were in Building 5 with a beautiful Riverview. It was so peaceful and quiet.

Friends of ours, on the other hand, stayed there as well and did not get the same feeling. They were in a building close to the bus stop and facing the interior “streets” where everyone from every other building had to pass by their room to get to and from the bus stop. They found the resort to be quite noisy.

Funny how different room locations can give you a completely different perspective. While it is handy to be close to a bus stop at the end of a long day, POFQ is a very small resort no matter which resort you are in, so it is our preference to have a room further from the bus stop.

Also, on our trip we never shared a bus with POR, and as suggested previously, we always take the boat to and from DTD.

I like the water view rooms the best, they are probably furthest away from the bus stop, but they are quite peaceful, and what a view!

We had a parking lot view and over the course of 3 days (and 2 nights) got to watch the landscaping crew completely re sod, re tree, and reinstall the irrigation system for some of the parking “islands” that were next to the building.
Very little foot traffic passed our door.

Great… sounds like I am really going to be glad we choose this resort.

I stayed in building 4 last year and it was right by the bus stop and a very short walk to the main buidling.

We have stayed at POFQ twice and on opposite ends, it is true that it is a lovely resort and small enough to have a quaint feeling about it.
It is my favorite so far but next year we are staying at Wilderness Lodge (cant wait!!) so I may change my mind!!
Have a great time (as if you wouldn’t)
:mickey:

[QUOTE=greta_samuelson;994956]
It is my favorite so far but next year we are staying at Wilderness Lodge (cant wait!!) so I may change my mind!![/QUOTE]

You WILL change your mind!

I’m really starting to get excited now. 50 more wake ups! which means in 4 or 5 days I pay in full! Then it’s REAL!

And yes, I’m sure we will have fun :wub:

Not only are the bus stops close by but what I also love about POFQ is the wonderful boat ride from the resort directly to DTD! We used this service tons while we were at POFQ…we avoided the crowded buses while going to and from DTD!