Where to stay

I proabably should wait until i come back to discuss CSR but i must give everyone a quick idea about where to stay (sorry everyone I’m really sick so if this doesn’t sound correct I’m truly sorry :-()

After talking to the folks, we realized our trips to disneyworld total 17 times (and one time to disney land) and i have tons of experience with different hotels. I hope to give a little pearl of wisdom to anyone who has never been there.

As a young one we would always stay at Contemporary resort (well we really didn’t have a option if you wanted to stay on property) It is a magical place (It’s disney so how couldn’t it right?) But like with everywhere there is pros and cons. I’ve been in both the A frame and the garden rooms. They were nice but honestly very generic. I felt if you are spending a lot of money to stay on property it should be “grossly disney” It was like any other Nice hotel you’d find around the world.

Pros- close to Magic Kingdom. I spent many mornings WALKING to magic kingdom and didn’t even bother with the monorail. In part because my father loves to be the first person on line to get into the parks AND we had to go find our disney brick! (yes we were one of the first families to buy one of bricks in front of the magic kingdom! come visit us! :wink: ) The resort is also beautiful. Every corner I was able to find some place magical!

Cons- It’s expensive! As you go further down you’ll see how we have spent less and got more. Also, it’s missing theme. In the deluxe resorts you can feel the haiwian spirit at the Polynesian and with Grand Floridian it really does have that turn of the last century feel.

With the moderate resorts I have stayed at Caribbean beach and again i felt it to be some what a wash BUT i must tell you I fell IN LOVE with port Orleans riverside. WHY?.. well why not?

The theme was SPOT ON! I felt like i was down in the heart of south. It was just elegant and majestic. I am a high strung new yorker who allegedly can’t relax but the minute i stepped on the “Port” property I was so relaxed. (here’s a tip find a bench right by the water around the time of fireworks and you get a GREAT show and the sound of the water is very calming).

I LOVED LOVED LOVED the lounge. They had a piano player there and it was SOOOO MUCH FUN. I think that was my father’s favorite part of the resort. It is in the main part of the resort and I suggest everyone goes there… They have very good drinks… there was a melon cola ta that was awesome!

Also, no matter how large the resort was i felt the walking was not terrible. Learn sort cuts it helps!!! :slight_smile:

The boat ride down to down town disney was awesome. I learned so much about disneyworld and the resort. Something like only 22% of the property can and is developed due to local regulations…who would of thought AND they still find gators on the property and of course disney catches them and has separate place to put these found creatures.

We did stay off site once. I must say i may consider that a mistake. If you are not in a hurry to get anywhere it MAY be an option but honestly nothing compares to a disney resort.

As for the transportation to the parks, beware! Leave the park before close because you can get stranded at the park (their buses are very limited). ALSO, there are MANY stops at different hotels and you could be passed by if the bus is full when going down to the park.

So quick view here. If anyone has any questions please let me know. Hope it helps!!!

Welcome to mousebuzz. with all those trips under your belt, you are sure to be a wealth of information for anyone who has questions.

i would love to help anyone with some disney questions. :slight_smile:

Thanks for your insight!

[QUOTE=tiffanytaylor;1025923]I LOVED LOVED LOVED the lounge. They had a piano player there and it was SOOOO MUCH FUN. I think that was my father’s favorite part of the resort. It is in the main part of the resort and I suggest everyone goes there… They have very good drinks… there was a melon cola ta that was awesome!
[/QUOTE]

I would bet my bottom dollar that you were enjoying Piano Bar Bob, and he is fantastic!!!

Thanks for so much information. I bet you have helped a lot of people wiht this much scoop! Welcome to MB!

This is good stuff for newbies. thank you so much for posting it.
How about any other resort?

[QUOTE=MissDisney;1026007]I would bet my bottom dollar that you were enjoying Piano Bar Bob, and he is fantastic!!!

Thanks for so much information. I bet you have helped a lot of people wiht this much scoop! Welcome to MB![/QUOTE]

How did you know??? LOL!

[QUOTE=Dopey;1026070]This is good stuff for newbies. thank you so much for posting it.
How about any other resort?[/QUOTE]

I did stay are carribean beach but as I said i wasn’t impressed. it was brightly colored and nice but I wasn’t as impressed as port orleans.

You’re not talking to any ordinary tourist here on Mousebuzz:laugh: We’re all vets here.

We’ve stayed at POR and I agree, the themeing is fantastic. My favorite resort is still AKL.

I know what you mean, we so enjoy the resort ourselves. So green and peaceful and lush.
I can’t imagine making my husband stay in a pastel colored resort :laugh:

there are still so many places i have not stayed but i have stayed in enough to feel able to comment.

For us POFQ is NUMBER 1 we stayed last September for the first time and fell in love with it. yes it needs a re-ferb but it’s small, relaxing, good transport, and nice bar at scat cats, the pool is not as good as riverside but still nice and the hot tub is always welcome at the end of the day.

CBR was just to big for us a long way from the food court and shop. nice that it had little pools at each mini resort. but you could be on the bus 15 Min’s before leaving the resort.

[QUOTE=cinderbella;1026126]You’re not talking to any ordinary tourist here on Mousebuzz:laugh: We’re all vets here.

We’ve stayed at POR and I agree, the themeing is fantastic. My favorite resort is still AKL.[/QUOTE]

I agree – just look at the lists of times most of us have been to The World. But it’s always great to have more opinions…because they’re like, uh, noses.

In my own family, we have our own fave resorts and even parks. My favorite resort is Poly. My wife loves Yacht Club. Our DD is a huge Caribbean Beach Resort fan and DS is partial to POR…

But, hey, welcome to Mousebuzz (some of us go all the way back to when this site was called Disney Central…)

Well said!! :laugh::laugh: