Where to stay?

I’m looking for the pros and cons on the following resorts for our April-May trip:

Disney’s BoardWalk Villas
Studio-Standard View

Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort
Studio

The Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
Studio

Disney’s Beach Club Villas
Studio

Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas
Studio-Savannah View

Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
Studio - Magic Kingdom View

[QUOTE=mairinmaureen;1086994]I’m looking for the pros and cons on the following resorts for our April-May trip:

Disney’s BoardWalk Villas
Studio-Standard View

Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort
Studio

The Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
Studio

Disney’s Beach Club Villas
Studio

Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas
Studio-Savannah View

Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
Studio - Magic Kingdom View[/QUOTE]

This is hard because they are all terrific resorts. I guess it depends on what is most important to you.

Boardwalk Villas is our second favouite DVC property. Honestly, I don’t know why, except the atmosphere is wonderful, the grounds are gorgeous, I like to sit in a rocker on the veranda and just watch the world go by. The hallways are legend - probably the longest hallways in the entire universe.:happy: If you don’t like clowns (I do NOT) the main pool’s slide might freak you out a bit. A quick walk to Epcot and within walking distance of HS, if you enjoy walking. Also - if you are lucky enough to snag a standard view room (and they are hard to get because people have figured out what a deal they are), you’ll use less points. And the view isn’t “standard” at all - but very pretty overlooking the front lawns of the resort.

Saratoga is a great resort - people complain about how big it is - but instead of complaining you should enjoy the beautiful grounds. There are some pretty walks. If you are in Congress Park you’ll be a 5 minute walk from the Marketplace. It now has two main pools, both with slides. For some reason we have always had terrific luck with buses here. The Turf Club is one of those “secret” restaurants with terrific food.

Wilderness Lodge is just so pretty, quiet and restful and there is the boat to the MK (which we always seem to have TERRIBLE luck with - but apparently others don’t). We stayed here one November which was sort of chilly and it was so cosy to return to our suite. Great resort. Especially if you want peace and quiet.

Beach Club has almost the same amenities as Boardwalk - plus Stormalong Bay. If swimming is important to you - this is the place to stay.

AKV - the animals - what else is there to say. Some think it’s sort of “out-of-the-way” and it is, but the animals make up for it.

Bay Lake Towers - walk to the MK - gorgeous design - a much more “upscale” less “Disneyfied” feel.

So - they are all great. What comes to mind in negatives for me is the bus service from BWV and BCV - probably the most time I’ve ever spent on buses.

AKV is dark - some like this - I found it a little too dim - I was always trying to get more light in our room.

So - basically - I’m no help. I’d stay at any one of them in a nano-second.

(I notice you haven’t included OKW - which would be my hands-down favourite).

Beach club is my favorite. It gets my vote. Best pool and nice wonderful upscale atmosphere.

We are not fans of animal kingdom. We stayed in kidani. Everythingis pretty dark and most of the outside is gated for the animals so not a lot of grounds for walking and outside activity.

Boardwalk Villas – we just came back from there and it was our first time. It is pretty quiet. Grounds and scenery is beautiful. Transportation to/from is not bad. Okay selection of food and beverage nearby. Good access to Epcot, Beach & Yacht Club, Dolphin & Swan, and Hollywood Studios. Will stay there again, but after we have tried some of the others.

Saratoga Springs – very large resort. Only stayed a long weekend there and didn’t have too much time to explore. Boat transportation is very good to DTD.

Wilderness Lodge – beautiful scenery, but transportation is terrible. Won’t stay there again unless we don’t plan on visiting any of the parks. Busses and boats are far and few in between. We remembered the transportation issue when it was first built, but decided to stay there anyway in Feb 2011. Again, won’t stay there anymore.

Bay Lake Tower – this is our DVC home. Staying here makes us feel more like part of the magic and not so far removed like some of the other resorts. We are trying other resorts since we became DVC members in 2008, but so far this is our favorite and will try and stay here every time.

Cannot comment on Animal Kingdom or Beach Club Villas.

It truly depends on what you like. I LOVE AKL - Jambo House. Many don’t like the darkness of it, whereas I look forward to that peaceful calmness the decor gives me after a full day at the parks. That’s what’s so great about Disney is there are so many choices for so many personalities. I believe the previous threads are great to give you a sense of what each resort is like. Then you can match up to your likeness. Whichever one you choose, there are so many pluses with being on site. Each one has their own perks.