Where would you camp at FW?

Would like your advice…Where’s are the best loop(s)?
:wub:

It depends on what you consider important to your stay. My wife is an invalid and loves the pool. It is a real pain having to load her in her power chair on a bus just to get to the pool so we request a site near the Meadows Trading Post and pool. That allows us to be able to get to the pool without the bus. We like loop 1000. Most of the time we get it. Since Disney has cleaned out most of the underbrush at the sites none of them have much privacy anymore. Later this month will be our 52nd stay at Disney World. Not all of our stays were at Ft. Wilderness. It’s cheaper to stay at one of the value resorts and a lot less gas in my car than the motor home. If the beach, boat ride or food and drink are more important then one of the loops near the Settlement area would be better. Any loop is as good as the next but waiting for buss’ just to get around the campsites is a pain in the neck.
Joe

Our favorite loop is the 1800 loop. We travel with our dog, so know that this is a pet loop. The main draw for us, though, is that this is one of the few loops that can fit a large rig like ours. I agree with subvetss in that it depends on what amenities are important to you. There are loops that are close to the pool, loops that are closer to the main bus stop (the Outpost), and loops that are closer to the Settlement area with the boat to MK and Trail’s End. It really depends on what your needs are.

I disagree, however, that the value resorts are less expensive. IMHO, there is no place less expensive on property that FW.

My all time favorite loop is the 100 loop. I love being close to the marina!!
We did stay in the newly made premium loop 700 the end of April and it was nice. We have far from a large camper, but the extra space and lack of dirt was wonderful with my 2 little kids. Plus, we had family that tent camped on our site and it have them plenty of room as well. I loved the new square tables that seat 8.

The new site was great, but I will take my 100 loop anyday and even pay more for it if I had to!!

It is easy enough to walk or ride ba bike to the pool for us so we don’t need to take a bus.

I would like to append my statement about value resorts being cheaper than Ft. Wilderness. It is cheaper for me. First I don’t have to fill my motor home twice to get there and back and also I only live 2 1/2 hrs away. That means I am a Florida resident. I am also retired. We go 4 times a year. I can pick the times there are specials at the value resorts. For example in Dec. 2008 I stayed at Pop Century for 8 nights at the rate of $68.00 per night. In March, 2009 same place at $78.00 per night. I am going to be in Ft. Wilderness on the 21st of May at &105.00 per night. Also We chose to go during the week and not the weekend . Less crowded and a little cheaper. We love Ft. Wilderness and enjoy being there in the motor home but with the freedom to choose the time and place I find it is much less money out of my pocket overall to stay at a value resort when they have special Fl. resident rates.
Hope this clears up any misunderstanding about my comments.
Subvetss

[QUOTE=subvetss;957006]I would like to append my statement about value resorts being cheaper than Ft. Wilderness. It is cheaper for me. First I don’t have to fill my motor home twice to get there and back and also I only live 2 1/2 hrs away. That means I am a Florida resident. I am also retired. We go 4 times a year. I can pick the times there are specials at the value resorts. For example in Dec. 2008 I stayed at Pop Century for 8 nights at the rate of $68.00 per night. In March, 2009 same place at $78.00 per night. I am going to be in Ft. Wilderness on the 21st of May at &105.00 per night. Also We chose to go during the week and not the weekend . Less crowded and a little cheaper. We love Ft. Wilderness and enjoy being there in the motor home but with the freedom to choose the time and place I find it is much less money out of my pocket overall to stay at a value resort when they have special Fl. resident rates.
Hope this clears up any misunderstanding about my comments.
Subvetss[/QUOTE]

I totally get it your point and I agree that you should save money wherever you can. I REALLY get the fuel deal, we have 250 gallon tank to fill.

Just keep in mind that when the values are offering a FL resident discount, FW often has deals too, they just aren’t advertised as much because they have no problem filling the campground and are always trying to fill rooms.

You know best what works best for you family and whatever keeps you visiting often is what you should do.