Where would you stay for Food & Wine (non-Epcot resorts)

So, I mentioned in another post that I was thinking about taking a quickie mother daughter trip for 3 nights during F&W. In past years we have done split stays, a few nights on points at the beginning when we visit everywhere BUT Epcot and then a few nights on cash at an Epcot area resort to enjoy the Festival.

This year the prices of the Epcot resorts seem truly nuts to me, moreso than in years past and I am trying to think of the next best solution. The Dolphin is not available for the dates I am looking at right now (10/4-10/7 but I am not married to those dates) but the Swan is. Does anyone have an experience staying at the Swan? I know we won’t be able to do ME but that might not be a huge problem.

So what would you consider the next best place to stay to visit Epcot and only Epcot if Yacht & Beach and Boardwalk were out?

[QUOTE=KarenWDWCP;1136245]So, I mentioned in another post that I was thinking about taking a quickie mother daughter trip for 3 nights during F&W. In past years we have done split stays, a few nights on points at the beginning when we visit everywhere BUT Epcot and then a few nights on cash at an Epcot area resort to enjoy the Festival.

This year the prices of the Epcot resorts seem truly nuts to me, moreso than in years past and I am trying to think of the next best solution. The Dolphin is not available for the dates I am looking at right now (10/4-10/7 but I am not married to those dates) but the Swan is. Does anyone have an experience staying at the Swan? I know we won’t be able to do ME but that might not be a huge problem.

So what would you consider the next best place to stay to visit Epcot and only Epcot if Yacht & Beach and Boardwalk were out?[/QUOTE]

I’ve stayed at the Dolphin but not the Swan…I gather from people that they are pretty much the same? I believe that we walked over to Swan to eat breakfast one morning for something different, and I got the same “feeling” from it. They are located in the same area so…I don’t know. If it’s the Swan or completely off property, I would stay at the Swan—just my personal opinion.

Fun trip regardless of where you stay… :happy:

I would stay at either the Dolphin or Swan in a heartbeat.

I have stayed at the Swan and it was really nice. You can’t go wrong, esp. with the location.

Karen, If Ms. Llama will stay at the Swan, their tea must be good…and if they make a good cup of tea, it surely is an indication of a good hotel!!! :happy:

Glad to hear so many recommendations for the Swan. I don’t know why I have always been iffy about them. Sniffing too much pixie dust, I guess!

It’s a fine hotel…I just missed the “Disney Magic” feeling while we were there, but you already know what that magic is like so…it’s fine. Good location—boat or walk to Epcot…:happy:

Go with the Swan! The price and proximity to Epcot can’t be beat.

I stayed at the Dolphin for a work conference once upon a time and it really was a nice hotel.

I would stay at the Swan. It seems like a nice hotel, even without the benefit of “pixie dust”. The location is awesome, with the Boardwalk area and Epcot right there, so why not?

Well, truth be told, I’ve never had tea at the Swan - or the Dolphin for that matter.:happy:

Well, me either! :laugh: --just trying to be funny… I don’t think I have ever had a cup of tea anywhere in WDW for that matter, so I certainly wouldn’t judge a hotel by their tea. :happy:

My mom has stayed at the Swan and says that it is really nice without “the Disney magic”. But if the price is right she says go for it.

To offer you alternative choices, the All Stars are not too far from HS. Also CBR and CS are also just a short bus ride away. I know it is bus service but you did ask for other resorts that are not in the Epcot area!

Whatever you pick I hope you have a magical trip!

Lisa

It looks like there is a pretty decent AAA rate for the Swan available after all. Hmmmmm. Who knows if I will even be able to pull this trip together but I hate the thought of missing the Food and Wine Festival. LOL

I think the Swan/Dolphin has one of the best locations at WDW - you can walk to both the Studios and Epcot if you’re so inclined. Not having ME is not that big of a deal. You can hire a towncar for a really reasonable price to pick you up and drop you off at the airport. It’s a nice little luxury to begin your trip.

Skipping Food & Wine is like forgetting your first born’s birthday. Don’t let it happen!!! :laugh:

I love MB because everyone is an enabler! :laugh:

:laugh::laugh:

How about the Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort. We have stayed there 5 times now and each time has been great. 5 pools, 2 lazy rivers, lots of food options.

If no one in the family has RCI points I can give you a great name to rent from. She is outstanding to work with. No relation, just a good contact point.

Now the one thing that makes WBC work for us is that we drive down from SC and free park on the AP with a AAA Diamond parking area pass to get upfront. They do have a shuttle, but now they are charging a daily rate to use it. Being next to the CBR a cab is probably cheaper if you are only doing F&W since EPCOT is across the street. And HS is also about a mile down the road.

A few times we drove onsite and had too much to drink and we ended up leaving the car at the resort or park and taking a cab back to WBC. It all works out with a little planning.

It’s a great resort. Look it up and see if it would work. You should be able to get a 1BR unit for the price of the Swan or Dolphin.

[QUOTE=Pam&Rich;1136287]How about the Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort. We have stayed there 5 times now and each time has been great. 5 pools, 2 lazy rivers, lots of food options.

If no one in the family has RCI points I can give you a great name to rent from. She is outstanding to work with. No relation, just a good contact point.

Now the one thing that makes WBC work for us is that we drive down from SC and free park on the AP with a AAA Diamond parking area pass to get upfront. They do have a shuttle, but now they are charging a daily rate to use it. Being next to the CBR a cab is probably cheaper if you are only doing F&W since EPCOT is across the street. And HS is also about a mile down the road.

A few times we drove onsite and had too much to drink and we ended up leaving the car at the resort or park and taking a cab back to WBC. It all works out with a little planning.

It’s a great resort. Look it up and see if it would work. You should be able to get a 1BR unit for the price of the Swan or Dolphin.[/QUOTE]

I wish the Wyndham was an Interval Resort - I’d stay there in a flash too.