Where's the discounts?

Now that I’ve been a DVC member for a little while, I don’t keep track of discounts anymore, but a good friend of mine just asked me to help her with their October trip. Went on to Mousesavers, and don’t see too much listed as far as discounts. Is Disney holding true to their comments a while back that they would be having less “deals” available? Or, am I just looking too early?

What about allears? Or call mousesavers and/or allears recommended travel agents. I’m sure they are on top of it.

I’ve been asking the same question. A friend asked me to help her price a WDW trip for this summer and I couldn’t find any discounts for her other than the deluxe code that just came out. I doubt they end up going due to the cost.

I was lucky and got Pop in June for $99 just before the discount ran out. I didn’t save a lot but some is better than none.

I have been waiting on the Oct. discounts to hit also. I was lucky and did receive a pin back in Jan. for the Oct. trip and I did get 30 percent off the rate at Pop, the cm told me that I will get a better discount later when the AP discounts come out this summer for that time frame. I do know that the last couple of years the free dinning discount has not came out till later I can not remember the exact time but you can find the historical release dates for Oct. discounts online. I will have to find it later and if no one else has posted it get it up here.

I agree, where are the fall discounts :huh: We have 2 free nights, (complimentary of Disney from our last CBR mousekeeping fiasco!) and it’s killing me not to book something for the fall/winter.

Maybe I’m wrong, but I remember the free dining discount coming out in late April. Maybe it’s May-June? :confused:

I know there are some discounts out there. This is from an email from a few weeks back.

Just choose the deal
that’s right for you
for arrivals most nights 4/23–8/13/11.
FREE Disney Dining Plan
when you purchase a non-discounted,
5-night/5-day Magic Your Way vacation package that includes Theme Park
tickets and accommodations at a select Disney Deluxe Resort or Disney
Deluxe Villa Resort!

Save $230 per adult!

Over 100 select Walt Disney World restaurants, including some with
Character Dining, participate in the
Disney Dining Plan!
OR
FREE Disney Quick-Service Dining Plan
5-night/5-day Magic Your Way vacation package that includes Theme Park tickets and accommodations at a select Disney Value Resort or Disney Moderate Resort!

Save $175 per adult!

Over 50 select Walt Disney World restaurants participate in the Disney Quick-Service Dining Plan!

ok dates when released and coverage dates are listed on MouseSavers.com - Historical Information on Walt Disney World Resort Discounts

[QUOTE=2nd Star;1073802]I know there are some discounts out there. This is from an email from a few weeks back.

Just choose the deal
that’s right for you
for arrivals most nights 4/23–8/13/11.
FREE Disney Dining Plan
5-night/5-day Magic Your Way vacation package that includes Theme Park
tickets and accommodations at a select Disney Deluxe Resort or Disney
Deluxe Villa Resort!

Save $230 per adult!

Over 100 select Walt Disney World restaurants, including some with
Character Dining, participate in the
Disney Dining Plan!
OR
FREE Disney Quick-Service Dining Plan
5-night/5-day Magic Your Way vacation package that includes Theme Park tickets and accommodations at a select Disney Value Resort or Disney Moderate Resort!

Save $175 per adult!

Over 50 select Walt Disney World restaurants participate in the Disney Quick-Service Dining Plan![/QUOTE]

Did that e-mail have a PIN code?? I agree with DisneyTeacher, the only discount I’ve recently seen for late summer up to Aug. 13th is the 30% off at Deluxe and Deluxe Villa resorts.

Thanks so much for finding the info. It was VERY helpful!

Yes, I didn’t see this one either. That’s why I always inquire at MB. Our members are always so insightful!!!

I just got a discount, sort of. Recieved an offer in the mail yesterday for 3x’s the points on my Disney card for anything over $800 spent. Our only problem with that is by the time those extra points are posted to our acct we’ll already be back from Disney.
Sigh…guess that gives us an excuse for another trip :laugh:

Yes, sorry it does have a pin.

OK, thanks for clarifying. Hopefully I’ll get an e-mail like that one of these days!

ok i just double checked and now i am not seeing what i thought i seen a few months ago.
i could have sworn i seen the offer for kids stay play and dine for free offered in april & may 2010 for stay dates in august to october 2010.

now i am not seeing that on the historical calender :huh:
maybe i seen it under a different year :crying:

ahhhhhhhhhhhh ok here it is

this is what i seen:
4/24/10-10/2/10 package deal (kids stay, play and dine free) for Disney Rewards Visa cardholders 4/24/10-6/30/10

it was offered between april and june of 2010 for stay dates of april to october 2010
this is what i am praying for this year.

[QUOTE=pixeemom;1074083]ahhhhhhhhhhhh ok here it is

this is what i seen:
4/24/10-10/2/10 package deal (kids stay, play and dine free) for Disney Rewards Visa cardholders 4/24/10-6/30/10

it was offered between april and june of 2010 for stay dates of april to october 2010
this is what i am praying for this year.[/QUOTE]

Is 10 and under considered a kid? or 17 and under?

i believe 3 to 9 is considered kids…bummer!
this is the last year i can get all the kids to eat for free, after this year, my oldest will be considered an adult, i really don’t know why they can’t just make the age to 12 or 13 at least.
:blush:

[QUOTE=pixeemom;1074089]i believe 3 to 9 is considered kids…bummer!
this is the last year i can get all the kids to eat for free, after this year, my oldest will be considered an adult, i really don’t know why they can’t just make the age to 12 or 13 at least.
:blush:[/QUOTE]

I agree completely. I don’t see how they can say that people who are still attending elementary school are not kids! 12 and under should definitely still be considered kids for dining and park entrance.

Exactly!:huh::blush: