Which character dining experience is best?

I am making an ADR for The Storybook Dining at Epcot experience for my daughters birthday in April. But im thinking of foregoing the BBBoutique for another character dining meal, which would you attend for a lunch? She is a fan of the little Einsteins, Alice, the princesses, and Mickey and Minnie so there are so many to choose from that I need help in picking our second meal. Also how early do they start serving breakfast, will we miss our first hour of the park?

Christina :ariel:

You can get an ADR as early as 8am. Your ADR should take about an hour, so you should not miss much inside the parks. Mickey is at CHef Mickey’s at the Contemporary, or at Tusker House in the AK (I think for lunch, definitely for breakfast). What about Pooh? The crystal Palace is great inside the MK.
If you are not worried about your budget, you can always do Cinderella meal inside the castle…
At EPCOT you can find Mickey at the Garden Grille for dinner inside the land… and it is a very slowly rotating restaurant. My kids loved it!!!

Good luck narrowing it down, it is so hard!

Definitly no rotating restaurants for us, daughter and daddy suffer from motion sickness. Food and even slight motion is not a good combination for them. I was looking toward finding a character dining experience that had both good food as well as a fun time for her. And she is past the Pooh fan stage, Im not but she is lol:biggrin:

Cinderella’s Castle is the best IMO. She would love it! And the food is very good as well.

1900 Park Fare at GF. Morning has Alice, Mad Hatter, Mary Poppins & Pooh AND good food. Dinner has Step-sisters, step-mom, Cindy & Prince AND pretty good food, but breakie is still my fav.:happy:

1900 Park Fare is a lot of fun for breakfast, but I don’t think you can beat the overall ambience at the castle… And the boys & girls love their magic wands & pirate swords as well :laugh:. bibbidi bobbidi boo!

We love Ohana breakfast. Mickey and friends are there. It’s served family style, and they have a little parade that the kids can participate in. They start breakfast around 7:00 a.m. I think, so you could make it to park opening.

Per allears.net, Ohana opens at 7:30 a.m.

Lilo and Stitch Best Friends Character Breakfast - 'Ohanas - Polynesian

1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian would be a good choice for lunch. It’s a mix of characters - Alice, Mad Hatter, Mary Poppins, Pooh, and Tigger the last time we were there. It’s our favorite breakfast buffet.

I recommend booking the latest possible breakfast time (probably like 10:30-11:00). You can go into MK in the morning, then take a boat or the monorail over to the GF (a boat is more direct and usually doesn’t have much traffic from MK to GF mid-morning). That way, you get the breakfast price, but it will hold you over for lunch. And later into your dining time, they’ll switch over the buffet to lunch.

You said that you’re considering giving up BBB. Have you looked into the barber shop on Main Street? I believe you can make an advance reservation there, now. They’ll put glitter in your daughter’s hair and treat her like a princess. Consider bringing a little tiara for them to add to her hair. It’s a fraction of the cost of BBB. I’ve also heard of a mother bringing glitter-hair spray (they sell it at Party City) and fixing her daughter’s hair to look like all of the BBB girls that morning.

Idk if your DD already has several princess dresses, but if you’re looking for some, they’re on sale at the DisneyStore.com. They even have the Park Authentic versions, now. You can also look through the Halloween costumes that are on clearance, now, for Disney princess dresses.

Im looking for a lunchtime character encounter, as my daughter is not a breakfast eater nor a morning person(gets that totally from her Daddy). Besides Cinderella Castle are there any others at WDW?:mickey:

Christina

LittleMiss that sounds like exactly what I would like thank you so much, also yes weve gotten her the Park authentic Belle and Snow White gowns and are considering adding sleeping beauty to her costume stash. I plan on doing her hair myself and makeup plus I watched the BBB how to on youtube.:mickey:

Do you mean at the Magic Kingdom?

Cinderella’s Castle and Crystal Palace are the only character dining options in Magic Kingdom.

There are also Magic Kingdom resorts that serve character breakfasts:

Ohana (Lilo and Stitch) is only a character breakfast. It is at the Polynesian resort. But, even though it’s a “breakfast” with breakfast foods, keep in mind that you can get a late dining time (like 11:00), which is almost lunch.

1900 Park Fare (Alice and friends) is open for breakfast and dinner at the Grand Floridian.

Chef Mickey’s (Mickey and friends) is at the Contemporary Resort. I think (not positive - there was a recent change) that it is open for breakfast and dinner.

As for other character dining options, there’s Donald’s Breakfast Safari (Donald, Mickey, Minnie) at Animal Kingdom. They only serve breakfast, though. Cape May Cafe (Minnie and friends) is only breakfast, as well, at the Beach Club. And then Play N’ Dine at Hollywood and Vine (Hollywood Studios) is also breakfast.

[QUOTE=christina101902;1056448] But im thinking of foregoing the BBBoutique for another character dining meal, which would you attend for a lunch?
Christina :ariel:[/QUOTE]

There is only one character lunch, and that is Crystal Palace.
Well there is also Cinderella’s Royal Table, but I, like many people feel it is overpriced because the jam that photo package down your throat by including it in the cost of the meal (bumping it to two credits). Your family of four could well wind up with a $180 lunch bill because it will be holiday pricing.

By the way, Chef Mickey’s is not open for lunch.
1900 Park Fare is not open for lunch.
Most of the resort character buffets take reservations up to 11 AM, but they are all closed by noon.
Tusker House in AK only has characters for breakfast.
Hollywood and Vine in DHS only has characters for breakfast and by the time you get to WDW they might have changed some of the current characters there, although I expect they’ll be keeping with Playhouse Disney for the characters.

Oh. Nevermind me, then. I guess I just thought it was lunch because we always have late ADRs and they have ice cream and cookies.

I am sorry. Believe it or not, I did not bring my Unofficial Guide to college. :pinch:

Actually Hollywood & Vine has characters for lunch too. We just did it in April and are going again Nov. 23. The characters have now officially changed to Oso, Handy Manny, Leo and June. Thus the reason we are returning for Oso and Manny.

I highly recommend Crystal Palace, it is one of our favorites and the kids alwasy have a blast.

Our best character breakfast has to be Ohana’s. We did the character breakfast with the Little Einsteins as well, it was fun for our kids since our son who is 3 loves the LE’s. It’s an ok meal eventhough I thought it could have been better, but what do you expect from a diner buffet.

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;1056509]Oh. Nevermind me, then. I guess I just thought it was lunch because we always have late ADRs and they have ice cream and cookies.

I am sorry. Believe it or not, I did not bring my Unofficial Guide to college. :pinch:[/QUOTE]

No, you made some good points.
Just a few things needed clarification.

Re:Hollywood and Vine characters:

[QUOTE=Willbegone;1056512]Actually Hollywood & Vine has characters for lunch too. We just did it in April and are going again Nov. 23. The characters have now officially changed to Oso, Handy Manny, Leo and June. Thus the reason we are returning for Oso and Manny.

I highly recommend Crystal Palace, it is one of our favorites and the kids always have a blast.[/QUOTE]

I heard the characters were changing but I wasn’t sure of the time frame.
As for lunch, my mistake. I was certain that All Ears says they’re only there for breakfast. If they’re there for lunch, then this would be the character buffet the opening post is looking for based on who their child wants to see.

Crystal Palace is one of my favorites for all three meals. Plus, if you have a 10:30 breakfast reservation, if you dawdle long enough, you will have a brunch when they switch over at 11:15(ish).

Wow thank you all so much for being so helpful. Hollywood and Vine it is for lunch.

It’s what we do.:frostyang