Which character meals?

Hello everyone. Heading down for the first time with 2 young ones, 4 year old girl and 2 year old son. Just looking for suggestions on which character meals are the best.
Please note a few things when you might give a suggestion. First my 4 year old is VERY into the princess thing now, especially Cinderella. Also my kids are pretty picky eaters. My gut tells me the best charcter meal might be breakfast as far as food choices for them but I am an open book on this one. Thanks again for any thoughts.

Really any of the buffett characters meals would be good. They all have a kids buffett table with things like mac & cheese, chicken fingers, hot dogs, pizza, corn. You will not find all these selections at the same restaurant but your kids will definetly find something they like. My DD is very picky and we have never had a problem at the buffetts. I would have to say for a girl into the princess thing Cinderella’s Royal Table is the best. However, it is VERY pricy and hard to get an ADR there. We’ve been twice but DD did not eat a bite either time. For just Cinderella, 1900 Park Fare dinner at the Grand Floridian is VERY good! It has Cinderella, step sisters, step mother and prince charming. We also liked the Princess Storybook breakfast at Epcot. Cinderella however is not guaranteed there (it is actually a very long shot that she would be there). But lots of other great princesses are there like Belle, Aurora, Snow White, Jasmine, Mulan, etc.

For other characters we LOVE Crystal Palace! Pooh and Friedns are awesome there! We will be trying Hollywood and Vine Play N Dine for the first time this November. Characters there are June and Leo (Little Einsteins), JoJo and Goliath. This is breakfast and lunch only! We also have really enjoyed Liberty Tree Tavern with Mickey, Minnie, Chip, Dale and Pluto but DD didn’t eat much there either as it is family stye not buffet. Check the menu at allearsnet.com for more information.

I hope that helps!!

Crystal Palace is a great choice for the Pooh characters. I’m impressed with the organization of the breakfast buffet. DS(11) even had fun!

I agree with Smee, the Crystal Palace is a very good choice, how can you go wrong with Winnie the Pooh?

The Garden Grill in Epcot, is also a fun choice, with Mickey, Chip & Dale, and Pluto.

I loved Ohana’s and 1900 Park Fare. Ohana’s is always a do over, we like both breakfast and dinner, its a party atmosphere…

CP is wonderful. DS3 is the pickiest eater I know. He loved it. I would highly recommend CP.

For little kids, a good choice would be Hollywood and Vine in The Studios. The characters there are Playhouse Disney and Little Einsteins.
Crystal Palace for any meal and Chef Mickey’s for breakfast are also good as is Donald’s Safari Breakfast at Tusker House in AK.
1900’s Mad Hatter could be a little intense for some younger kids. I say this because the CM who is The Hatter gets deep into his role. So does Alice. On the other hand, The Hatter is one of the best characters in all of WDW.

I vote for CP!! It’s one of our favorites, and a must do every trip!!

Though I’ve not been there, I think 1900 Park Fare is a good suggestion for a princess-focused meal; cindy’s is just too packed these days, though eating in the castle is very cool for little ones. Sticking with the not-too-crowded character dining, Cape May Cafe is always an easy ADR to get–that one has Goofy, Minnie, Chip, and Dale. It’s pretty relaxed.

Then there’s always The Liberty Tree Tavern for a fun character dinner, but unless your kids love Thanksgiving dinner fare, I’d skip it.

Thank you for all the suggestions and input. I know I am putting way too much time and thought into this but I really want make this a great trip for the kids. As of today I got a reservation for breakfast at Cindrellas, breakfast with Chef Mickey and the other Princess one that was mentioned.
I just kept going back to the kids love breakfast, it will get us moving quickly and start the day off well. Lunch has never been a big deal as they are hit or miss if they want lunch so to me breakfast seemed like the way to go. Excited we got all the reservations we were looking for. Thanks again.

Fair warning though. Some younger kids do not respond well to huge-sized versions of characters. Especially with the two year old. One hint that I would highly suggest is to see if you have any local events going on that has larger than life characters for them to interact with. If it isn’t a problem with them, do your character breakfasts centered around what the older child would like. At 2 years old, it isn’t going to matter as much, but, for the 4 year old girl would absolutely go nuts over the Princess Breakfast at Akershus in Epcot. Belle, Snow White, Jasmine, Aurora and Mulan at one meal! Hollywood and Vine at Hollywood Studios is great at that age for her as well because of the Playhouse Disney Characters. Crystal Palace at Magic Kingdom will get you Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore and Piglet. Now, some folks might say that Donald’s Breakfast at Animal Kingdom would be the way to go. But, with a 4 year old girl, I am betting she is more of a Minnie Mouse fan than a Mickey Mouse fan. I would suggest that you do a Character Dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern in the Magic Kingdom. Minnie, Mickey, Goofy, Pluto, Chip and Dale there. Make sure you have an autograph book for her. My daughter is 7 and has been collecting signatures since she was 3. After each trip, we print up her pictures from that trip and put it with the signature. We look at that book all time and my kids go 3-4 times a year. At her age, that’s a sure fire way for her to “remember” what she did with her mom/dad when she was young.

When my family went we had all the princesses. The classic princesses, that is. We had Aurora, Cinderella, Belle, Ariel, Snow White, and then Mary Poppins. Which was nice, but odd… haha.

I totally agree about the Mad Hatter! He is great and he also knows when to back off is your kid isn’t really into him.:ph34r: :laugh: Alice is also wonderful. 1900 Park Fare is my favorite breakfast.:happy:

Believe me, around here you could NEVER, and I mean NEVER put TOO much time into anything Disney.:laugh:

You picked some good ones!

CRT the food is great and the girls get wands and the boys swords! Plus you get a photo shoot with Cinderella!

Chef Mickey, has it’s own kid bar, it’s lower so they can reach and it has fun foods like PB&J pizza!

Princesses at Epcot are good too . . .

I wouldn’t over look Crystal Palace and Ohanas . . . we :heart: Ohana’s the resort (Poly) is beautiful, the food is really good and the characters are FUN!

Saying this to this crowd is just too funny. People here are planning vacations 2 years in advance in some cases!

If you’re on the dining plan, keep in mind that Cinderella’s Royal Table in the Castle is two credits, not one.
Too much princesses for my taste, but I’m not a little girl either.:pirate:

Chef Mickey’s!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Silly person.
There’s no such thing!

I think the best character interactions are Crystal Palace and 1900 Park Faire breakfast. Also we like Olivia’s in old key west for a good character breakfast.