Which Disneyland Hotel should I stay at?

We’re planning our trip to Disneyland and we know that we want to stay on property - we’re just not sure which one. We’ll be traveling with my parents, my husband, and out twin boys. I’d like to make the trip extra special for both my parents and my twins.
I haven’t been to Disneyland for years, so any advice any of you can offer would be greatly appreciated!!!

We feel that for value and location you can’t beat the original Disneyland Hotel. Paradise Pier is just a little cheaper and too far away in my opinion. If you have the dough The Grand Californian is really nice (We’ll be there in three weeks. Yay!!). But most of the time we stay at the DL Hotel.

The GC has its own access to CA Adventure which is cool, but DLH is really close to the monorail.

Well, I hope this info helps and welcome to mousebuzz.

grand californian,disney hotel,paradise pier in that order

Well… it’s a lot easier to narrow down your resort choices at DL than WDW! :laugh:

I too would rank the resorts Grand Californian, Disneyland, Paradise Pier. However, they are quite similar in ammenities - no resort would be a big loss.

Since 2001, the Disneyland Hotel isn’t all that close anymore, and you can’t just walk to the monorail station in a few steps.

Grand Californian is the best, both in quality and location. However, it can be pricey…

Disneyland Hotel is closer than the Paradise Pier.

Best of luck in whatever property you choose!

We were just there in Novemeber, and we chose the Disneyland Hotel. It was wonderful. The pool is a Neverland theme, so if your boys are into Peter Pan, they will love it. We had a fabulous dinner at Hooke’s Pointe and our room overlooked DTD.

We walked through the Grand Californian and if you have the money I’m sure you would love it, it is beautiful and very peaceful. You can also get a room with a balcony that overlooks DTD, that would be a fun place to sit in the evening while the boys slept and you can people-watch.

Paradise Pier, in my opinion, is too far away from DTD and MK, and being that it isn’t much cheaper than Disneyland Hotel, I wouldn’t choose it.

Have fun! It was such a wonderful experience to see where all the magic started.

Thanks for all your replies - We’ve booked a 2bdrm parlor suite @ the Grand Californian. I’m hoping that our boys first trip to Disney will be as memorable as mine was and that it will get them hooked just like it did me!
We’re all soooo excited - we’re counting down the days already!

[QUOTE=kaykay75;956821]Thanks for all your replies - We’ve booked a 2bdrm parlor suite @ the Grand Californian. I’m hoping that our boys first trip to Disney will be as memorable as mine was and that it will get them hooked just like it did me!
We’re all soooo excited - we’re counting down the days already![/QUOTE]

You are going to love it.

The Grand Californian has its own entry into California Adventure. It’s also the closest hotel to Disneyland.

The big fireplace is a fantastic spot to get warms after the grizzly rapids!

Enjoy!

It all depends on pricing. I suppose

Disney’s Grand Californian is what would be like a Deluxe Resort (300+ Nightly…rough estimate) - Wonderful and the most expensive. An absolutely amazing hotel. Arts and Crafts of Californian, Private Entrance into Disney’s California Adventure Park and entrance into Downtown Disney. It has the Spa, Restaurants, Snack Shops, Gift Shops, and much more…fab Hotel, its also basically a part of DCA…wonderful views into the park. Its a must see even if you dont stay there. I would highly recommend this hotel.

The Disneyland Hotel is more of like Moderate/Deluxe Resort in terms of Pricing (220+ Nightly…rough estimate) - Its a wonderful hotel, a little more business classy in terms of interior architecture. Has pure Disneylandish magic all though out the hotel from the Neverland Pool to the Fantasia Gift Shops, has lush grounds to wander, great restaurants and lots to do for the whole family, close access to the DTD Monorail station and leads right into the end/start of DTD, great hotel.

Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel - this is more of the Moderate/Value Resort at DLR (180+ Nightly…rough estimate) - its a very laid back, fun, beachy style hotel mixed with lots of Paradise Pier theming and Disney. Its the furthest hotel from the parks of the Disneyland Resort hotels, but its very nice as well. Nice surroundings, fun walk to and from the hotel, great restaurants, shops and lots for the kids and family to do.

I always recommend all of the hotels of the Disneyland Resort, some people cant always afford them but if you can, go for it and stay on property. Staying on property has all the perks like at WDW…early entry hours every day they’re available at Disneyland, Delivery Services, etc etc.

Hoped that helped, Enjoy!

Thanks for the suggestion,That was a good post.

Yes that was well said,It all depends on pricing on the way you spend your money.

we got disneyland hotel for 3 nights in aug for 169…ap rates …a little more than going rate at the surriunding hotels but itis worth the difference…we make trips to DL to off set our wait for WDW …that is now officially less than 9 months away