Which DVC resort to choose?

Hi all! I want to try and go to WDW March 10th -15th IF I can find cheap air ( all 3 of us for under $500)

I need help choosing which DVC resort to stay at. I will be at SSR in Dec so I dont think I want to try that again so soon after leaving it.
I was thinking of my home resort AKV but I have that booked for May unless I cancel that and change it around.
Please help me choose. I have been looking on allears and some of the pics look old and outdated.
If anyone has any pics please post. I would love to see them. Any pros and cons and little things on why you like that resort would be great too. Thanks!

It depends…if you want to use a little points as possible I’d book OKW. It’s a bit different than the other DVC resorts but we really loved it there. It’s peaceful and the studios are HUGE. It felt like going home after a big day at the parks.

Other than that I’d really love to try Boardwalk or Beach Club. I’d love to be a boat-ride away from MGM and Epcot and those resorts are so gorgeous.

We stayed in a one bedroom suite at OKW and it was more like home than a hotel. I believe more so than the other DVC properties. Especially the studios!
Beyond that, it comes back to location once again and all the same factors come into play as when choosing WL, BC, Boardwalk, AKL, or SSR. (All their rooms look pretty much the same with minor differences in linens and fabrics.

Well Pts isnt an issue as I have 480… well 287 after my Christmas trip to HHI and SSR.
I dont know what Im looking for I guess. Its only me and 2 kids and Im going for my bday.
Besides AKV which has newer things? Which has an out of this world pool?

Well, to be honest, if it were me I would call member services and see what they have available first before making any decisions. March 10th-15th, '09 is “Magic” season which is the second highest season on their calendar (“Premier” is the highest). Easter isn’t until April 12th in '09 so you don’t have to worry about Spring Breakers but it is still ‘high’ season.

I would try somewhere you haven’t been before. What about Wilderness Lodge Villas? I LOVED staying there, having the boat to the MK was awesome & it was a very serene & relaxing resort.

[QUOTE=WishUponAStar;887365]Well, to be honest, if it were me I would call member services and see what they have available first before making any decisions. March 10th-15th, '09 is “Magic” season which is the second highest season on their calendar (“Premier” is the highest). Easter isn’t until April 12th in '09 so you don’t have to worry about Spring Breakers but it is still ‘high’ season.

I would try somewhere you haven’t been before. What about Wilderness Lodge Villas? I LOVED staying there, having the boat to the MK was awesome & it was a very serene & relaxing resort.[/QUOTE]

I forgot I needed to call Member Services:blush: They are closed at this hour anyways.
I will call them in the morn.
I was thinking about WLV. I need relaxing. Im thinking of either WLV or BWV because the kids wanted to try the clown pool. Does WLV have a neat pool?

Try BWV! We stayed there last spring break and loved it! Loved it so much we’re going back spring break '09. You’ll also love SSR and AKLV, but since you’re doing those soon try something new. We loved being so close to EPCOT and DHS. I think we only used the bus a couple of times, mainly as a return back to our room after a park. Somehow we usually managed to cross EPCOT and catch the monorail to the TTC to get to MK or wherever we were going…we may have taken the bus to AK, but I can’t remember…all I remember is loving the Boardwalk, the SurreyBike rides around the lake and the decor of the resort!

I do like the looks at BWV’s. I like the view of the boardwalk. Perhaps thats what we will try if there is a spot avail.

We didn’t get to use the pool at BWV, it was either closed by the time we got back to the room (I think it closed somenights by 10pm) or it was too chilly to swim. It looked pretty cute & fun…hopefully this year it’ll work out for us!

Well BCV has an out-of-this world pool… that would be my primary reason for staying there. Then, BWV just has an awesome atmosphere. I find the clown on the slide a little creepy, though. But it’s a cool slide.

I guess I would recommend one of the DVC resorts I own points at, as they are my personal favorites.

I would try BCV, BWV or VWL.

[QUOTE=tinkerbelle24;887369]I forgot I needed to call Member Services:blush: They are closed at this hour anyways.
I will call them in the morn.
I was thinking about WLV. I need relaxing. Im thinking of either WLV or BWV because the kids wanted to try the clown pool. Does WLV have a neat pool?[/QUOTE]

I love the pool at Wilderness Lodge, there is a small little beach area right there on the lake where you can lay out, you can see the geyser from the pool, & I think your girls will get a kick out of all the duckies & baby duckies that hang out around there.

Yes the kids would love that. I need to call member service in the morn to see whats avail.

Yeah, definately call at 9am if you can. I thought of you the other day because when I called member services they picked up immediately when I pressed the “1 for Member Services” button, I know you say you always have to wait forever. I guess I must have good ‘break times’ at work. :laugh:

You really can’t go wrong with this decision. Call and see what’s open and make your decision based on that.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;887359]We stayed in a one bedroom suite at OKW and it was more like home than a hotel. I believe more so than the other DVC properties. Especially the studios!
[/QUOTE]

Im in agreement with soundgod…try OKW!

My vote would be for OKW or WLV. We have stayed at OKW and really enjoyed it. We haven’t stayed at WLV but would love to sometime. I’ve only heard great reviews about it.

Ok all. I think what Im giong to do is call member service in the morn to see whats avail. If more than a few selections are avail Im going to throw them into a hat and whatever I touch 1st is it. trust me, I have 4 trips planned next year so I plan on trying them all

So I called member services today and booked BWV pool view from 3-10 3-15 for 106 ots. the rep said that AKV SV was again for 105 pts. Im not sure which one I want to go for. I did book the BWV but she said that I can cancel and change up to 31 days before I get there.
Also… they asked me if I wanted to add DDP which I did but I was going to go with just the new Q and C service and they said it was $30 a day for adult. I thought it was $20 so I did the 1 counter and 1 table since it was only $10 extra per day.

Im still thinking if I should keep BCV or switch to AKV… All in all I will be there for my bday on the 14th :wub:

[QUOTE=tinkerbelle24;887700]So I called member services today and booked BWV pool view from 3-10 3-15 for 106 ots. the rep said that AKV SV was again for 105 pts. Im not sure which one I want to go for. I did book the BWV but she said that I can cancel and change up to 31 days before I get there.
Also… they asked me if I wanted to add DDP which I did but I was going to go with just the new Q and C service and they said it was $30 a day for adult. I thought it was $20 so I did the 1 counter and 1 table since it was only $10 extra per day.

Im still thinking if I should keep BCV or switch to AKV… All in all I will be there for my bday on the 14th :wub:[/QUOTE]

I’m sorry in your last sentence you said BCV, but in the first sentence you said BWV. :blink: I am dying to know which one you booked for, either one is fantastic and I think you’ll love staying at either EPCOT resort.