Which has cheaper food prices, walmart or publix?

I’m still undecided which way to go with the grocery shopping for disney. Now that my brother is coming, he will have a car and he’s offered to take me shopping. If I went to the store I would save the fee for Wegoshop (about 30 bucks) but I’m thinking do I want go shopping after getting up at 4:30 in the morning. With garden grocer I know exactly what I will be charged, but some of their prices are unbelievable. I’m leaning toward wegoshop, but don’t know which is the best store for shopping. Any thoughts?

I want to say wallmart, but you should check online on their websites to check. Just put in Disney’s zop code to get the correct pricing for that area.

Walmat pricematches other stores.

Jo Jo I am an avid Publix shopper, not only because it was my first job but because their food quality is better.

If you’re simply going for boxed (fruit snacks, granola bars, cereal) or canned foods and water and soda then go to Wal-Mart, but if you’re looking to purchase a significant amount of produce or meat then I would highly recommend Publix.

I shop both, but prefer Publix or my local farmer’s market for all of my produce. Also not sure if you eat organic but it’s sort of slim pickings when you’re at Wal-Mart.

Walmart is almost always cheaper than publix.

Publix has more brand choices than Walmart, Publix also has better bakery and deli…if you are jus going for the basics and want them cheap go with Walmart.

I’ll chime in with the same.

Walmart is cheaper… but it’s an overall suckier shopping experience.

See? I called Wallmart sucky because I’m all class like that.

It would be breakfast stuff (milk,juice, eggs etc), soda, and fresh fruit mostly. My brother is bringing down a box with cereal, snacks, detergent, coffee etc that I had planned on throwing into a suitcase.

Walmart…you are welcome

I don’t know which is cheaper, but right now Walmart is offering free shipping on groceries. I’ve never used this service, but at least you would be saving on the delivery fee. Hope this helps.

Fresh Food, Groceries, Snacks, Produce, Deli, Seafood and Meat - Walmart.com

For the better and higher quality deli, meat, fresh veg and bakery selection go to Publix. All other staples are cheaper at Walmart along with the quality of the items previously noted.

[QUOTE=DisneyFreak78;1109354]Jo Jo I am an avid Publix shopper, not only because it was my first job but because their food quality is better.

If you’re simply going for boxed (fruit snacks, granola bars, cereal) or canned foods and water and soda then go to Wal-Mart, but if you’re looking to purchase a significant amount of produce or meat then I would highly recommend Publix.

I shop both, but prefer Publix or my local farmer’s market for all of my produce. Also not sure if you eat organic but it’s sort of slim pickings when you’re at Wal-Mart.[/QUOTE]

:heart:Once a Publix girl always a Publix girl!!:heart: (My first job too!:laugh:)

The only time I ship Walmart is for boxed foods when I am already at the store. Publix has much better quality-especially the ones in Orlando! DH and I always comment how nice they are- especially their meat and seafood departments! Ours down south are great, but Orlando has it beat!

Thanks for all the replies. I’ll have to make sure where and how we got the food a MAJOR part of the trip report. :laugh:

[QUOTE=Andrea;1109360]I’ll chime in with the same.

Walmart is cheaper… but it’s an overall suckier shopping experience.

See? I called Wallmart sucky because I’m all class like that.[/QUOTE]

I thought you called Walmart sucky, because it is! :laugh:

If you catch Publix on the right day you can get some great 2 for 1 specials… otherwise Wal Mart is cheaper… but personally, not worth it.

[QUOTE=tigger;1109355]Walmart is almost always cheaper than publix.

Publix has more brand choices than Walmart, Publix also has better bakery and deli…if you are jus going for the basics and want them cheap go with Walmart.[/QUOTE]

When we’re in Florida we do our main shop in Walmart, but Publix has yummy cakes and donuts!! :laugh:
I’d say they’re similar in general prices though!

Well, don’t belive all of the WalMhype. It’s sort of like those anoying insurance ads on TY & radio…Brand G customers saved an average of $957,000 over Brand SF. Yet the next ad says Brand SF customers an average of $957,001 over Brand G.

Around here, Walmart has the highest milk prices by far. Got to Kroger and they’ll be a few cents cheaper on some things but they’ll stick it to you on something else. All smoke and mirrors.

Personally, I’m on vacation so it’s Publix near Downtown Disney because it close.

Ironicly, their ORANGE JUICE prices a few days ago were awful. They GROW oranges in Florida don’t they?!?!

[QUOTE=rlcarmichael;1110290]Well, don’t belive all of the WalMhype. It’s sort of like those anoying insurance ads on TY & radio…Brand G customers saved an average of $957,000 over Brand SF. Yet the next ad says Brand SF customers an average of $957,001 over Brand G.

Around here, Walmart has the highest milk prices by far. Got to Kroger and they’ll be a few cents cheaper on some things but they’ll stick it to you on something else. All smoke and mirrors.

Personally, I’m on vacation so it’s Publix near Downtown Disney because it close.

Ironicly, their ORANGE JUICE prices a few days ago were awful. They GROW oranges in Florida don’t they?!?![/QUOTE]

You guys will know more than me living in the US, but for us tourists we think Walmart is REALLY cheap! :laugh:

I think it’s going to be walmart, cause that’s where my brother offered to take me. I’ll try to remember to keep the receipt for all you price experts.

[QUOTE=rlcarmichael;1110290]Well, don’t belive all of the WalMhype. It’s sort of like those anoying insurance ads on TY & radio…Brand G customers saved an average of $957,000 over Brand SF. Yet the next ad says Brand SF customers an average of $957,001 over Brand G.

Ironicly, their ORANGE JUICE prices a few days ago were awful. They GROW oranges in Florida don’t they?!?![/QUOTE]

For what it’s worth, our Wal-mart and Kroger are very close on milk. Publix is more. Gotta be regional!

Walmart is cheaper. I goto both weekly.

Becareful with the Publix BOGO free deals usually they jack the price up or they are moving old inventory.

Deli and bakery I do publix.