Which Hotel

Do you reccommend Disney Port Orleans or Pop Century?

Hi kpolo, welcome to Mousebuzz.

My personal favorite resort is Port Orleans Riverside.
I have never stayed at Pop Century but a few of our members really like it.

Depends. Pop is great for the price and very kid friendly themeing. Port orleans is nice too. It has a relaxing feeling to it. You cannot go wrong either way you go.

She took the words right out of my mouth! I just wanted to say welcome to Mousebuzz!

Thank you for the welcome and thank you for the advice.
I cant wait to see Mickey!

[QUOTE=kpolo;1106067]Thank you for the welcome and thank you for the advice.
I cant wait to see Mickey![/QUOTE]

Thank you for the welcome and thank you for the advice.
I cant wait to see Mickey!

Hi: We have stayed at both. Port Orleans French Quarter is our favorite—Port Orleans Riverside would be our 2nd favorite. We have also stayed at Pop Century.

Pop Century is less expensive but it was a nice resort. I thought that the buses ran slower from that resort but again, it was less expensive.

It all depends on what you are looking for in a resort. :slight_smile:

I have never stayed at Pop but have heard good things about it. I have stayed at French Quarter and loved it and am staying at Riverside in the fall. I honestly believe Port Orleans is the best reasonably priced resort at Disney.

Well, the two are in entirely different classes of resorts (value vs. moderate). Some key questions are 1) are you going with kids, and 2) are you the kind of family that hangs out at your hotel, or do you just use it as a place to sleep?

Young kids will love the atmosphere of Pop. It’s like being in a giant toy box. P.O. is a bit “classier” (That’s not to say it’s not kid friendly. It’s just not a giant toy box.) If you plan to hang out and relax quite a bit, then I’d recommend P.O. If your room is just a place to sleep when you’re not at the parks, than save the money and go with Pop.

On family trips, I prefer Pop for the reasons mentioned above. If it were just me & Mrs. Cavey, then P.O. would be my choice.

Port Orleans is my favorite moderate and Pop is my favorite value! You really can’t go wrong.

I think Cavey’s assessment is right. If you think you will spend a fair amount of time at the resort and if you are looking for nighttime entertainment, I would go with Port Orleans. Both French Quarter and Riverside have entertainment in their lounges at night and they have that handy dandy boat to Downtown Disney. But if you are planning on leaving early and being park commandos all day, Pop would definitely get the job done for cheaper.

Just wanted to add that the moderate hotels like Port Orleans have full service restaurants (at PO Riverside) whereas Pop Century (value) does not. We have never used the sit down restaurants but I know people who want that at a resort. The food courts at Pop Century and Port Orleans are both good.

It’s all a personal choice. You can’t go wrong with either resort. Happy planning.:happy:

I’ve never stayed at Pop, but we absolutely loved our stay at Port Orleans Riverside. It has a very peaceful feeling to it, as mentioned above. You have your choice of three different pools. You can take the boat to Downtown Disney which was actually very beautiful, especially at night. The rooms were a nice size and we had a refrigerator in ours. We were pretty happy with the bus service, too. They have two dining options, the food court and a sit down restaurant on the property.

I’ve heard really good things about Pop, too. You just have to consider whether you want a value or a moderate resort.

We have done both, and both have their merits. I loved the grounds of POR. I loved to get up early in the morning and go for a walk to get a cup of coffee. POP is cool too, in just a very different way. I would argue the room differences are minimal between the two, and both have great grounds. But, like everyone says, one is much quieter than the other. POR is much quieter, very laid back, and easy going. Pop is electric, fun, and busy.

Having stayed at both, I think what everyone’s advice is correct. Its really based on your needs/wants/traveling partners.

We stayed at POP this past February and it seems they have conquered the bus issues from the past. We stayed at Port Orleans FQ in NOvember and we really enjoyed the slower pace.

My kids love POP, its their favorite, even better than Beach Club and its pool.

And, if you are on a budget, you can’t go wrong with the price.

I’m a fan of both! If you’re leaning toward Pop Century, I love this fansite that has lots of great pictures and info!

http://www.popcenturysite.com/